Bua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua

Hey. I'm new here to the forum, actually |I got my activation about 2 months ago but I finally found it in the deleted box. I say Bua going to be a great player but I think they should put him on the practice squad for the year, and have him put on about 20lbs of muscle and then he'll be ready. Just an idea.

JTBRLZ said:
We have 4 te's?
5 actually... McMichael, Lee, Perry, Jones, and Hart Turner. So if only one gets cut, even though Jones has gotten people annoyed being late and stuff, it'll probably be the UDFA Turner cause he isn't catching anything, just like at South Carolina...:shakeno:

LtDan662002 said:
McMike, Lee, Perry(long snapper), and John Jones
Since Perry is so valuable as the LS, even though he showed some skills as a TE early in his career, the team is reluctant to use him in other ways too much, because we can ill afford to lose him to injury. If we maintain the triumvirate of Mare/Turk/Perry as PK/holder/snapper we could see Mare back up at 90% again like he was in '00 and '01.
So, while technically Perry is listed with the TEs, practically he is for all intents and purposes, only the LS during games. I thought about listing him alone as just a LS and say 3 TEs, but what the heck it all adds up the same, and most everyone realizes Ed's true position. :)

dolfan719 said:
Hey. I'm new here to the forum, actually |I got my activation about 2 months ago but I finally found it in the deleted box. I say Bua going to be a great player but I think they should put him on the practice squad for the year, and have him put on about 20lbs of muscle and then he'll be ready. Just an idea.
I cannot agree with that. First of all at any weight, Bua will be only a special teams headhunter this season, and we need guys like him who can fill those roles. Also, to be placed on the practice squad, he would first have to be placed on waivers and not be claimed by any other team, which IMO is very unlikely to happen. Also if he did and was on the practice squad, any team could sign him at any time and place him on their 53 man roster. We carried Whitley all last year and he was inactive every week, and while Bua has to grow before he is to be a starting LB, he can make a very positive contribution on all special teams coverage units this season.

I say Bua will make it.Hes been some help and he is a good ST player.They could still use him with the loss of Chris Akins,who would have been a valuable ST player.

Phinsdude said:
First of all, I think Jenkins is having an awesome Preseason, had an awesome game last week again the Redskins, he has to make this team, he is a player. Second, Bua is a lock at least on special Team's. He has already made this team. And on another note, he got a 6 figure signing bonus. The team saw enough to give him a nice little deal for a 5th round pick. I am pulling for Jenkins, he's a great player.
100% agree. Besides Pope, Jenkins has been the most impressive reserve LB this preseason IMO. He is also the most athletic, hits very hard and has the upside to start in a couple of years. I would rate Jenkins ahead of Moore and Bua right now. Though as has been said, all should make the team. Even Ayanbadejo has looked good, but I can't see us keeping 8 LBs.

During the jags game I ranked the players
1.Pope
2.Bua
3.Moore
4.Jenkins

During the skins game I ranked them

1.Pope
2.Jenkins
3.Bua
4.Moore

so overall I'd say that Pope is heads and shoulders above our reserve LB's. Moore,Jenkins, and Bua all do make great plays. Who knows you might see Bua or Pope convert back to SS.(to make the team)

finregime said:
Pope is Seau's replacement fo' sho'

Pope actually can play 4 different positions(SLB,MLB,WLB,SS) so you can spin it however you want. What's he been lining up as in pre-season?

ChambersWI said:
Pope actually can play 4 different positions(SLB,MLB,WLB,SS) so you can spin it however you want. What's he been lining up as in pre-season?

Seau will be the first to go though and look for pope to get alot PT if seau goes down.

he's fast enough, but speed at SS is not an issue(Knights not exactly a burner), our FO has been drafting short speedy defenders and making them LB's since we drafted Zach. I think Pope would be moved to SS before Bua.

Back
Top Bottom