Bua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua

I don't ever remember hearing that Bua was too slow to be a DB. Does anybody know what kind of 40 time he runs? Wasn't he a safety in college?

And as somebody else asked, isn't he surely faster than Sammy Knight??

PhinsPhan said:
I would love to see Bua start but being realistic he was too slow to play DB and too small to play LB. Unless he gets very smart very fast I just cant see him starting.

True-but he does seem to have one thing in common with Lott (IMO the best of all time)-they both are FOOTBALL PLAYERS-wonder what Lott's 40 time was?

PFW: What is wrong with the Dolphins’ pass defense and how can the problem be repaired?

Reynolds: Outside of Miami, the decision to sign Knight was criticized. New Orleans head coach Jim Haslett said he wasn’t concerned about losing Knight  despite the fact that Knight had five or more interceptions in five of six NFL seasons  because he ran closer to a 5.0 than a 4.5 in the 40-yard dash. Knight’s lack of straight-line speed has been evident early.

Ok, so Knight ran close to a 5.0 in the 40, and was considered a slow safety, but yet has been an effective NFL starter. Bua is faster than Knight it would seem, so he might have the speed to be an NFL safety. It's not like most safeties in the NFL run 4.4's or anything.

go_fins said:
I would say you're jumping the gun...
AJ's girlfriend would jack up Travis Minor if she tackled him
that sounded kinda funny, i have a dirty mind....:lol:

DoctorFeelgood said:
I don't ever remember hearing that Bua was too slow to be a DB. Does anybody know what kind of 40 time he runs? Wasn't he a safety in college?

And as somebody else asked, isn't he surely faster than Sammy Knight??

I guess it goes like this. As a saftey you need 1 of 2 things. Speed, or Smarts. Now Buas speed is not that bad. It is great for a linebacker but average to below average for a saftey. I am not saying he isnt smart but he doesnt have the ball skills when it is in the air to play saftey. He only played saftey his last year in Arkansas. So this is something he could improve on. Like I said before I would love to see him play saftey I am just thinking realistically he is probably not going to knock Tillman or Jones out of a starting job.

DoctorFeelgood said:
Ok, so Knight ran close to a 5.0 in the 40, and was considered a slow safety, but yet has been an effective NFL starter. Bua is faster than Knight it would seem, so he might have the speed to be an NFL safety. It's not like most safeties in the NFL run 4.4's or anything.

Sammy is not fast at all but he is faster than a 5.0. Either that is incorrect or he just had one horrible day. Knight is probably a 4.6-4.7 guy and earlier in his career was probably a 4.55-4.6.

DolFan31 said:
I might be jumping the gun a little, but I think Bua is going to be our Ronnie Lott.

A little?

Ronnie Lott was an All Pro corner and then became an All Pro safety..he's a Hall of Famer. The guy is in the arguement whewn you talk about the greatest defensive back to ever live....

Tony Bua is a special teamer without a position...

Calling Tony Bua "Ronnie Lott" is like calling my Honda Civic a Porsche 911 Turbo...

it's far from Bua being the starter but I definitely would like to see him start

PhinsPhan said:
I would love to see Bua start but being realistic he was too slow to play DB and too small to play LB. Unless he gets very smart very fast I just cant see him starting.

ummm....reminds me of what the so-called experts were saying about Sammy Knight when we came out of USC as a LB. You can't measure heart and determination with a stop watch or measuring stick.

unifiedtheory said:
A little?

Ronnie Lott was an All Pro corner and then became an All Pro safety..he's a Hall of Famer. The guy is in the arguement whewn you talk about the greatest defensive back to ever live....

Tony Bua is a special teamer without a position...

Calling Tony Bua "Ronnie Lott" is like calling my Honda Civic a Porsche 911 Turbo...

Did you see this post?

I didnt say he will be the next Ronnie Lott, but he could our version of Ronnie Lott. Maybe he wont be go to the Pro Bowl, but I never met a coach that didnt like hard hitters, for many reasons. Bua certainly has potential and value.

Back
Top Bottom