Buccaneers have MRSA outbreak | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers have MRSA outbreak

Maybe you need to be moved.

1009218gif-1.jpg

I think those players on the Bucs who are infected by this disease MUST NOT come down with the rest of the team to play us... WE don't want that ourselves AT ALL!

Either that or cancel this pre-season matchup... NFL's choice

This is a thread I should not have entered. My mom died a few years ago because of MRSA. She had a severely broken ankle that required a large external fixator. If they had merely sent her home I'm sure she'd be okay today. But the doctors thought she needed a couple of weeks in a rehab facility. She caught MRSA in that facility. It started out with blotches all over her arms, then MRSA knocked out her kidneys. She was put on dialysis and didn't handle it well. Mom died not long after a troubled dialysis session less than 3 months after contracting MRSA.

My condolences AD. We are all here supporting you. If you ever feel like venting, we're here. Perhaps this is a way to posthumously make the community more aware of just how dangerous it is. He works in mysterious ways. Let's view this as her inspiring others to treat this situation with more care, and honor her memory.

V

My dad died from staph infection conventional antibiotics won't work!

My condolences. This is obviously a very poignant and emotional issue. But, we are here for you if you ever want to talk. Hang in there bro.

MSRA is easily transmitted!!! I think they should sit the players affected or cancel the damn game. MRSA eats through your skin. It's very nasty.

DOLFAN91 put this mildly, but, he is right on the money. this is a DEADLY nasty, fast moving and HIGHLY contageous infection!! the strains of MRSA are getting more strong and resistant to antibiotics by the minute!!

about 7 years back, i got it. bad thing is, i got it on my face!! my upper lip felt a bit itchy one morning. scratched it some here and there. as the day went on, it was getting worse and my bottom lip was irritated. so, went and looked in the mirror [yeah, i know, the mirror busted:chuckle:] and i started fingering through my mustache and there were hundreds of these little white raised dots all through my stash and into my beard. it was BIZZARRE looking. hundreds of these bumps. so, by the end of the evening, they had spread out from my stache and beard and was into my face by my stache.

itched, burned like crazy. in the morning most of the white bumps had turned into open cracks that were oozing fluid. i went to my dr and he thought it could be a strong strain of strep. there was some wicked bout going around so he gave me some cream to put on. 2 days later it was WAY worse, all the white bumps were gone and had turned into DEEP cracks on my lips and face. it looked like someone had lit me up with a box cutter. i couldnt eat because i couldnt open my mouth anymore with excruciating pain from the cracks splitting.

went to the emergency room and right away they said MRSA and got me back into an isolated room. this was a BIG TIME, STRONG, FAST MOVING, ULTRA RESISTANT strain. they had me on iv's with fluids and liquid nutrition and HEAVY antibiotics going in 24/7. it wasnt touching it. it kept getting worse. after 9 days everyone was worried, my life was in REAL trouble. they were worried it would go internal and that would have been it. they were suprised that as long as it was hanging around it hadnt gotten into my system.

so, the dr's and infectious disease guys had a pow wow in my hospital room on day 11. they told me that this MRSA strain was resistant to everything they had. they had ONE more type of antibiotic, some super duper batch that they hardly gave out becuase the more they use an antibiotic, these things become immune to them and there wasnt a lot of it left. so they told me they were going to hook me up to it, but, if this doesnt work, we have no other recourse at this time. all we can do is hope it burns itself out somehow. and of course, the hospital admins came around making sure my living will was up to snuff and if i wanted clergy [2x in one year i was asked if i wanted clergy in a hospital, scary stuff!!], asked if i wanted other relatives called, etc... this whole thing depended on this last bag of antibiotic.

well, the outcome is obvious. 2 days later it started backing down. it had stopped about 4 centimeters below my right eye. that was friggin' scarry!! my face, at this point was almost un recognizable from the swelling and the DEEP long cracks in my cheeks and lips. they said i would probably have to have some plastic sugery because of how deep it had ate into me. fortunately, i heal up pretty well.

i was released on day 18. it took a month and 3 huge tubes of steroid cream and daily, painful scrubbing to get the cracks healed. even after i got home most of my food was soup or mashed taters. FUGGED ME UP FELLAS!! FUGGED ME UP!!

this MRSA is nothing to take lightly. this IS a big deal and would have prefered this game been called off as people are losing limbs, eyes, skin and even their lives with this MRSA. its THAT bad and SUPER EASY to contract. they told me that i probably got it off a shopping cart or dr office/hospital or pharmacy counter. i was one of those guys who laughed at all the "phobic freaks" constantly using those hand sanitizers and wipes, etc... . not no more. i use those things ALL the time now. when i go to the pharmacy or store, i get those wipes they have at the front door and mop my cart down. if i am anywhere and they have a bottle opened of the hand sanitizer, i ask to use it, especially at the dr office or eye dr, any clinic. and, i carry a HUGE jug of it in my saddle bag on my harley.

players wearing gloves wont help as you ALWAYS inadvertently touch your mouth or arms, face, etc... .

there are strains of it on EVERYONE now. and if it finds an opening, even a tiny, tiny one, it goes in and your in BIG trouble. its a SERIOUS epidemic right now. YEAH, i hope non of our players or staff gets this from a tampa person. bad news. SCRUB YOUR HANDS REGULARLY AND USE THE HAND SANITIZER GELLS AND WIPES WHENEVER YOUR OUT!!

KH01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom