Buccaneers have MRSA outbreak | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers have MRSA outbreak

MRSA methacillin resistant staph aureus. Just means about half beta lactam antibiotics don't work on it. However most 3 4 generation cephalosporins as well as ciprofloxacin levofloxacin linezolid and vancomyci. Can be used to treat it. In hospitals patients mainly isolated to stop spread to other unhealthy patients key word unhealthy. It can infect other healthy people but is much much less likely. Standard precautions like alcohol sanitizer are normally enough to stop spread. contact precautions in hospital again to stop spread to unhealthy patients. Don't worry take a breath. Just hope no ones taking steroids otherwise they may actually get sick

We see this stuff all off the time at the Wound Care Center. It is very contagious to people with compromised immune systems but not as scary as it is made out to be. Doubtful that anyone infected will play but extremely doubtful it could be transferred without open wounds.

I think somebody in the NFL scheduling office screwed up. Aren't the Bucs supposed to be playing the Patriots tonight??:d-day:

I've had MRSA one, and regular staph once, and I'd never, ever play a contact sport with someone who had it. After my last encounter with it, I'm not going in the same building as someone with it if I know they are there.

The danger is the locker room not during the game. dolphins should use a sideline base camp and not go into the locker rooms

To bad the Texans didn't get MRSA I couldn't think of a more deserving group!

They should have to all get examined before they let them in the stadium. Football players bleed and have violent physical contact on every play.

MRSA methacillin resistant staph aureus. Just means about half beta lactam antibiotics don't work on it. However most 3 4 generation cephalosporins as well as ciprofloxacin levofloxacin linezolid and vancomyci. Can be used to treat it. In hospitals patients mainly isolated to stop spread to other unhealthy patients key word unhealthy. It can infect other healthy people but is much much less likely. Standard precautions like alcohol sanitizer are normally enough to stop spread. contact precautions in hospital again to stop spread to unhealthy patients. Don't worry take a breath. Just hope no ones taking steroids otherwise they may actually get sick

jackie chan my brain is full of **** meme blank template lol wtf.jpg

MRSA is no child's play.

Those who are poo-poohing it... hmm, makes me wonder if they have no real experience w. it.

Serious infection. And even for someone w. a healthy immune system.

LD

This is a thread I should not have entered. My mom died a few years ago because of MRSA. She had a severely broken ankle that required a large external fixator. If they had merely sent her home I'm sure she'd be okay today. But the doctors thought she needed a couple of weeks in a rehab facility. She caught MRSA in that facility. It started out with blotches all over her arms, then MRSA knocked out her kidneys. She was put on dialysis and didn't handle it well. Mom died not long after a troubled dialysis session less than 3 months after contracting MRSA.

MRSA is no child's play.

Those who are poo-poohing it... hmm, makes me wonder if they have no real experience w. it.

Serious infection. And even for someone w. a healthy immune system.

LD

No, it is definitely nothing to play with. It is just not the pandemic, flesh-eating, ebola-like monstrosity that it is made out to be. It can kill your flesh and ultimately kill you but death and limb loss is not imminent. Good infection control and proper hygiene can keep the risk minimal. I see it every day and I definitely respect it but don't get too excited about it. If anything, I am probably desensitized to MRSA because I see it all of the time.

This is a thread I should not have entered. My mom died a few years ago because of MRSA. She had a severely broken ankle that required a large external fixator. If they had merely sent her home I'm sure she'd be okay today. But the doctors thought she needed a couple of weeks in a rehab facility. She caught MRSA in that facility. It started out with blotches all over her arms, then MRSA knocked out her kidneys. She was put on dialysis and didn't handle it well. Mom died not long after a troubled dialysis session less than 3 months after contracting MRSA.

Sorry. So sad. Thoughts and prayers.

Back
Top Bottom