Buccaneers hire Jason Licht | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers hire Jason Licht

I'm not the biggest fan of Ray Farmer, but that would leave him as one of Carl Peterson's top two remaining names. It's been clear all along that Peterson has been pushing for Farmer. He's championed his career since he hired Farmer to be his director of pro personnel from the Falcons where Farmer had only previously been an area scout.

I still hold out hope for Xanders. He's the best of the candidates still available that we've hired. I hope to see it announced soon that we're going to talk to Nick Caserio. He's another top flight candidate.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Welcome to 20 minutes ago

You are a classy individual.

It will be Farmer, unless he pulls his name out too, in which case it will be Gaine.

Farmer won't pull his name out though considering the even bigger mess that the Browns are these days

New low for Dolphins franchise?

We just got bird dogged by the ****ing Bucs, who are hiring for a faux GM position.

New low for Dolphins franchise?

We just got bird dogged by the ****ing Bucs, who are hiring for a faux GM position.

Apparently they gave Licht final say, contrary to earlier reports that Lovie Smith had final say. This is probably more about the Bucs offering it to him first than about the parameters of the job itself or the perception of the Dolphins franchise.

They offered him full control.

But it based on what I'm reading is that Licht just wasn't going to wait for us to make a decision any longer.

Wait what, the Bucs offered Licht full control? Over Lovie? Interesting.

And yeah, that sounds about right as far as the waiting game. Just laughable what's going on with the Dolphins over the past decade. I'm still holding out hope we score a great GM, but I'm certainly not optimistic.

Apparently they gave Licht final say, contrary to earlier reports that Lovie Smith had final say. This is probably more about the Bucs offering it to him first than about the parameters of the job itself or the perception of the Dolphins franchise.

Well that makes me feel a little better about this. Not that we missed out on someone who I thought was a really good candidate, but that perhaps that the Bucs job wasn't the joke it was made out to be.

Here goes my typical FH response.

He sucked any way, farmer is the better candidate.

Ross needs to pull the trigger and hire Farmer.

Back
Top Bottom