Buccaneers hire Jason Licht | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers hire Jason Licht

As I've said countless times, and have been blasted for, I don't think Aponte is the bigger issue here. I think the issue (and it's another talking point in it's own) is that Ross really didn't have a plan a head of time. And if reports are to be believed, Ross is the type of guy who remembers best who he talked to last and the process is making him indecisive.

Again, that's another issue on its own, but I don't think Aponte or Philbin are the issues here. I just think Ross has no idea what he wants to do as far as GM

Sadly I think you are right.

More than anything it seems like they are doing a bad job of communicating with the candidates.

I think he has full control over the draft and roster, but he doesn't have he ability to fire Lovie.

No I get that, its just usually when you have an opening for GM and head coach at the same time, you hire the GM first and let him have some say in hiring the head coach.

I am afraid that this is just a dog and pony show and they will end up promoting Gaine. If they were going to hire someone from outside the organization, I think that person would have been hired by now.

Definitely possible. I don't particularly agree with your second statement, though.

I think that Armando column really ruined Aponte's reputation around the league.

As I've said countless times, and have been blasted for, I don't think Aponte is the bigger issue here. I think the issue (and it's another talking point in it's own) is that Ross really didn't have a plan a head of time. And if reports are to be believed, Ross is the type of guy who remembers best who he talked to last and the process is making him indecisive.

Again, that's another issue on its own, but I don't think Aponte or Philbin are the issues here. I just think Ross has no idea what he wants to do as far as GM

Chambers Ross is probably a planner and had he had the idea of firing all along he would have probably begun vetting candidates half way through the season. He admitted himself he hadn't even prepared a contingency of us losing to the jets on that last weekend.

Meanwhile the Glazers likely internally decided on cleaning house long before and subsequently had a leg up in what they wanted.
Also recognize that this is Ross' first actual GM hire since previously he had Ireland+Tuna then Ireland without Tuna.

He knows the stakes more imminently than anyone on this board since it is his millions tied up in the investment. For those that don't think that type of gravity could paralyze someone well then you arent really involved in that type of thing.

I think that Armando column really ruined Aponte's reputation around the league.

To be fair I think she probably already had a poor reputation among agents. Remember she's the designed hard ass in negotiations and has ruffled plenty of feathers that way. That and her gender aside -- and her gender shouldn't be overlooked as a reason football people dislike her -- I do think that Mando column probably did a lot of damage to her reputation. We perceive these personnel guys as all being one big plugged in family but to be honest with you I'm dubious how much they really know about the inner workings of other organizations. It pretty much just sounds like they gossip a lot.

A column like this with all it's loaded language and palace intrigue was a bad way for her to get introduced to people, and I'm sure even around the league it was a lot of people's first real impression of her.

To be fair I think she probably already had a poor reputation among agents. Remember she's the designed hard ass in negotiations and has ruffled plenty of feathers that way. That and her gender aside -- and her gender shouldn't be overlooked as a reason football people dislike her -- I do think that Mando column probably did a lot of damage to her reputation. We perceive these personnel guys as all being one big plugged in family but to be honest with you I'm dubious how much they really know about the inner workings of other organizations. It pretty much just sounds like they gossip a lot.

A column like this with all it's loaded language and palace intrigue was a bad way for her to get introduced to people, and I'm sure even around the league it was a lot of people's first real impression of her.

She also pulled similar shenanigans in Cleveland with the power struggle that went on with Mangini and his GM.

The truth of the matter is that nobody knows what Licht, Farmer, Xanders, or anyone else was responsible for at their current positions. We are just making guesses based on the draft picks that organization made while they worked there. Just let the process play out, I'm sure if Licht was really the guy Miami wanted, he would have been here. The Bucs chose him because all of the other candidates dropped out of their race. They didn't have any other options. We have like 6 other options.

I sure as hell don't want Gaine promoted.

We better interview someone on the final 4 teams or this time wasted will be frowned upon by the candidates.

From the candidates we have interviewed Xanders seems like the obvious pick for me, Farmer is part of the buddy system and we must be holding for either McLoughlan or Caserio to be delaying this so long.

IMO our new GM will come out of these 3 possibilities/4 candidates. McLoughlan & Caserio might never make it to an interview though and that would suck too cause again that would mean we waited for no good reason.

Well if the tweets I saw earlier today about Farmer and Licht being finalists were accurate we should be getting a new GM anytime as our list is down to one.

They offered him full control.

But it based on what I'm reading is that Licht just wasn't going to wait for us to make a decision any longer.

I guess ESPN got it wrong again.
In Tampa Bay, Licht will not have final say over the 53-man roster. Smith had a final-say clause written into his contract. But Smith has said he looks forward to working closely with the new general manager.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10328325/jason-licht-hired-tampa-bay-buccaneers-general-manager

Back
Top Bottom