Buccaneers hire Jason Licht | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers hire Jason Licht

We are getting farmer... and im ok with that to be honest

What is interesting is that I just read a tweet that Cleveland sent Farmer to the Senior Bowl without Lombardi or Banner there. Why would they do that if they thought the Dolphins might hire him during the week?

Oh, Licht got final say. Interesting.

What does Ray Farmer have on his resume to recommend him as the GM?

1. Was able to put up with Scott Pioli for a couple of years.
2. Gets along great with Carl Peterson.
3. Jimmy "Let's take advantage of unsophisticated trucking companies with rebate scams" Haslam loves him.

He was the pro personnel guy for a team that didn't exactly pull out a ton of great free agent signings.

They offered him full control.

But it based on what I'm reading is that Licht just wasn't going to wait for us to make a decision any longer.

Interesting that they gave him full control when they hired Lovie Smith first. Usually you hire a GM first and let him hire the head coach. They did it backwards.

What does Ray Farmer have on his resume to recommend him as the GM?

1. Was able to put up with Scott Pioli for a couple of years.
2. Gets along great with Carl Peterson.
3. Jimmy "Let's take advantage of unsophisticated trucking companies with rebate scams" Haslam loves him.

He was the pro personnel guy for a team that didn't exactly pull out a ton of great free agent signings.

But... he's "well respected". Even "very well respected."

If only I knew what that means....

What is interesting is that I just read a tweet that Cleveland sent Farmer to the Senior Bowl without Lombardi or Banner there. Why would they do that if they thought the Dolphins might hire him during the week?

They need a damn coach.

Wait what, the Bucs offered Licht full control? Over Lovie? Interesting.

And yeah, that sounds about right as far as the waiting game. Just laughable what's going on with the Dolphins over the past decade. I'm still holding out hope we score a great GM, but I'm certainly not optimistic.

Well that makes me feel a little better about this. Not that we missed out on someone who I thought was a really good candidate, but that perhaps that the Bucs job wasn't the joke it was made out to be.

As I've said countless times, and have been blasted for, I don't think Aponte is the bigger issue here. I think the issue (and it's another talking point in it's own) is that Ross really didn't have a plan a head of time. And if reports are to be believed, Ross is the type of guy who remembers best who he talked to last and the process is making him indecisive.

Again, that's another issue on its own, but I don't think Aponte or Philbin are the issues here. I just think Ross has no idea what he wants to do as far as GM

Interesting that they gave him full control when they hired Lovie Smith first. Usually you hire a GM first and let him hire the head coach. They did it backwards.

I think he has full control over the draft and roster, but he doesn't have he ability to fire Lovie.

Because he isn't our guy?.. hopefully he isn't.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

also, Omar is talking about the rumblings of Farmer/Xanders coming together

Omar is.... Stopped reading right there.

I am afraid that this is just a dog and pony show and they will end up promoting Gaine. If they were going to hire someone from outside the organization, I think that person would have been hired by now.

I am afraid that this is just a dog and pony show and they will end up promoting Gaine. If they were going to hire someone from outside the organization, I think that person would have been hired by now.

Would be similar to the time they stripped Wanny of his GM duties and scoured the globe for a replacement and just ended up promoting Rick Spielman to GM. That worked out well...

Back
Top Bottom