Bucky Brooks: Fins have Best CB Duo in NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks: Fins have Best CB Duo in NFL

Regardless of where I would put Hill/Waddle on that list... There's no way Chargers should be #1, I dont get it tbh...

Yeah no GM if given the choice would pick any other current duo than what we've got.

Both those guys 7 and 8 years in. Hopefully we got some students learning from them.

Except, he can’t, not really

X is one of my favorite players on the team, but if the other guy(s) are burnt toast, it doesn’t matter how good he is

Byron Jones’ good coverage forces people to try to throw at X, which usually doesn’t go so well. It’s the perfect system if you’re X and want ints lol
I’ve heard people make that argument when X was upset about being the second highest paid CB on his own team and the truth is that the No. 1 corner on every team is going to see the most targets based on them covering the other team’s No. 1 option most of the time.

I’m not saying that because I think Jones isn’t good. He is very good. I just don’t think he can be a No. 1 lockdown corner like X. But no one really can. If he’s in press coverage, there’s no one better.

When I look at this list, I think that Sieler and Wilkins could already be the best DTs if we ran a different system.

Hill and Waddle could be the No 1 WR combo.

Phillips and Ogbah could be the No 1 pass rushers.

And Holland and whoever have a legitimate chance if Holland plays lights out. We have a very good team. Finally.

Renfrow is very underrated by many people, it seems. Dude is a lock.
Renfrow is a quality receiver for sure but waddle is already the superior player and has the chance to be a superstar. They are not in the same tier imo. Unless you think Adams is head and shoulders above Hill then theres no way that Adams/Renfrow should rank above Hill/Waddle. Imo hill and adams is a push while waddle is superior to renfrow and i dont think its particularly close. I'm sure I'm biased but I'm not taking any WR combo in the NFL over Hill and Waddle.

Renfrow is a quality receiver for sure but waddle is already the superior player and has the chance to be a superstar. They are not in the same tier imo. Unless you think Adams is head and shoulders above Hill then theres no way that Adams/Renfrow should rank above Hill/Waddle. Imo hill and adams is a push while waddle is superior to renfrow and i dont think its particularly close. I'm sure I'm biased but I'm not taking any WR combo in the NFL over Hill and Waddle.
probably just the product of Waddle only having one year in, while Renfrow is a veteran.

next year this time it is unlikely adams/renfrow would be ranked ahead of hill/waddle.

I have Waddle and Renfrow closer. IMO Waddle is the superior player physically, but Renfrow is ahead of him mentally. I think that experience is an under-rated commodity. While I would certainly take Waddle over Renfrow long-term and fully expect that Waddle will end up far better, I could see the argument that either one will be more effective this season.

While it is hardly definitive, I decided to check PFF's WR grades. Here are their rankings from last season for Hill and Waddle and a few others:

Hill and Waddle #6 and #18

Adams and Renfrow #2 and #17
Chase and Higgins #7 and #9
Kupp and Beckham #1 and #32
Godwin and Evans #11 and #30
Lockett and Metcalf #12 and #14
AJ Brown and Devonta Smith #5 and #22
Jefferson and Thielen #4 and #35
Mike Williams and Keenan Allen #23 and #24
Gabriel Davis and Stefon Diggs #10 and #12

I'm taking Hill/Waddle over any of the WR duos listed. Having Adams and Renfrow as the number 2 duo is laughable
Yeah Hill is very close to Adams as far as being a top wr and dominant as a wr goes, so that's a push. And even tho renfrow is very good, I feel Waddle definitely has a higher ceiling, more game breaking skill set and is only going to get much better too. I pick Waddle with the threat he poses to defenses and dynamic aspect compared to renfrow

When I look at this list, I think that Sieler and Wilkins could already be the best DTs if we ran a different system.

Hill and Waddle could be the No 1 WR combo.

Phillips and Ogbah could be the No 1 pass rushers.

And Holland and whoever have a legitimate chance if Holland plays lights out. We have a very good team. Finally.
Yeah Waddle will only get better and he showed his ability to me, to get open all over the field. Miami had a bad o line, no rb, and other wrs injured. So miami's main offense from passing was through Waddle and yet he caught a rookie record of passes despite that focus and coverage. He was getting open fast. To me, that shows with more time and work put in, that waddle isn't just no.1 talent, but very good. So you have a top 5 no 1 WR with Hill, then potentially a top 10 or 12 no 1 WR with waddle after this year potentially. Miami I see basically has two no.1 WRs as far as talent goes. Hill obviously cream of the crop, but Waddle a dangerous WR too. I just hope the offensive line stays healthy and if it can just be average. I could see miami's offense being top 10 passing and probably very good with rushing yards too. You might not see that beginnina of season as it takes time for offenses to gel compared to defenses, not to mention this team has new players with new coach. I wouldn't be surprised by mid season, you start seeing miami's offense looking dynamic and see hopefully it being a consistent passing threat

Still know Surtain and Madison were our best CB combo. No suprise that D at the time was seriously good. Same old story though. Offense and coaching couldn't match up.
This Defense right now is dangerous. Difference now is the team now has an Offense and an unproven Offensive HC . This season will be interesting. One of the most anticipated seasons for years and I mean years. Decades even.

Excellent. It's hard to argue any differently.

I'm sure there will be ppl in this thread bitching about Jones, but he is a key to the defense, and the flexibility the Phins have to run a lot of the "exotic" alignments.
Yep. All of the creativity we’ve seen on D the last two seasons w different guys getting sacks / blitzes etc is so much due in to not having to help these guys out on the boundary. When your no 2 CB needs help, you can’t do as much. Boy do we know this from Madison/Surtain to Howard/Jones - and what those defenses were capable of as compared to the years in between.

Back
Top Bottom