Bucs Fan Here | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs Fan Here

Bucalicious said:
Hey guys. Welp I dont usually tred into other peoples turf. But since we got an invite on our boards and since I can't stand talking to 90% of the Bucs fans right now (we lost 1 game and you'd think the world was ending), I figured I'd come over here and test the waters for this week at least.

So anyone got any predictions on this Sundays game and reasons to back up the predictions?

Good luck guys!

Go Bucs!

Eat ****! Nah, just kidding. Welcome.

Good luck on Sunday. Should be a great game, unless both teams combine for 40+ penalties! Ha. Be honored that your team will host the R&R show's debut!

opfinistic said:
Good luck on Sunday. Should be a great game, unless both teams combine for 40+ penalties! Ha. Be honored that your team will host the R&R show's debut!

haha i know right... itd be a slow sloppy game if both teams play like they did last week... but i think we'll contain your running game, we've done a pretty good job of that... its our secondary that scares me... we let holcomb complete 20 0f 26 passes... thats kinda scary considering it was his first start in a while...

i dont know should be a fun game, i dont know what to expect from the dolphins O with ricky back, but im excited about it...

I think we will run Ronnie all over you guys this Sunday, in fact I think he would want the ball knowing Cadillac is on the other side. However if we commit penalties like we did last week it would be a cake walk for you guys.

opfinistic said:
Be honored that your team will host the R&R show's debut!
I wouldn't go overboard with the R&R show thing...but it will be a good game.
Nice to see someone with a social disorder and drug abuse problem come back. You guys should be proud of that acheivement alone. Especially since you were burning your #34 jerseys up until a few months ago.
Fickle fans.
Here's to a good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleat said:
I wouldn't go overboard with the R&R show thing...but it will be a good game.
Nice to see someone with a social disorder and drug abuse problem come back. You guys should be proud of that acheivement alone. Especially since you were burning your #34 jerseys up until a few months ago.
Fickle fans.
Here's to a good game.

Just because some fans have that attitude doesn't mean all do.

Generalizing is fun. Hey, I bet you're like all Tampa fans in that you never existed until 3 years ago. Yeah, generalizing is great.

i think itll come down to the simplest thing, which both teams have a huge problem with..... penalties and dumb mistakes..... well that and whether cadillacs close to 100% haha

muscle979 said:
I don't think being on the road will hurt them in this one because it's in florida. A couple of seasons ago when they went up to jacksonville they had a very strong showing there.

yeah, but the Buccs fans are close and loud! And hose dam cannons! Its a great stadium, I have been to it twice!

SSnowman said:
Just because some fans have that attitude doesn't mean all do.

Generalizing is fun. Hey, I bet you're like all Tampa fans in that you never existed until 3 years ago. Yeah, generalizing is great.

I try not to use a broad brush, but if I had the time to dig through the archives of this site and go back one year, I'm sure it would be worth a chuckle for all of us, fin fans included.
Sorry to inform you that you'd lose that bet you mentioned.

Bucalicious said:
Ya well all the board has been is a get rid of Griese campiagn. Its quite annoying. They all think they know what they are talking about and they all think they are head coaches.
None of them understand that Griese got sacked like 5 times last sunday. Any QB who gets sacked 5 times because of penetration through the OLine isnt gonna be too confident and it resulted in 1 interception and some points for the Jets. So instead of fixing the problem (the OLine) everyone is calling for the head of Griese. Our problem is also Penalties. We have something like 40 or so already ont he year. Some rediculous number like that. Gruden has put Refs in our practices to throw flags and it still doesnt help. We are terminal when it comes to that area.

I just cant stand the Tampa fans right now cause all of them seem to want some easy fix and no one is opening their eyes to the real problem.

Living in Tampa, I know what you mean. I've been here for 4 years and have found it very difficult to root for them. The fans tend to be either totally against them or totally for them to the point of ridiculous.

This should be a good game. The phins are unpredictable and I don't know if there is one thing to exploit. It all depends on how they come out. They play much better with a lead and the play calling is much different.

The biggest thing I tell my buc fan friends here is that the bucs have a good record but what concerns me is that all the teams they have beaten will bee losing teams (although they were preseason predictions to do well). We have to see how they do against winning teams.

If you listen to Dan Scilio in the am he is an ***. Duemig gives the best breakdowns.

Anyway, Good Luck.

I know that everyone is concerned about how many penalties the team has committed especially the last couple of weeks and rightly so. Clearly it will be a focus until we get it right. We do have new systems on both sides of the ball and unfortunately it's taking more time than anyone would like to become comfortable in those systems. Charlie Weiss spoke to that issue in his press conference at ND last week in regard to his own team:

"As your system starts to come into play and people get more comfortable with your system and have a better understanding of what the system is, usually the mental errors decrease exponentially."
Charlie Weiss

Here's hoping...

Bucalicious said:
If you guys run Post routes and get a man up the seem we simply are never there. Thats our D's weekness. Nobody really seems to exploit it till the very end.
We are in a Cover 2 most of the time and nobody seems to grab the middle. Its like a no mans land for us. Very easy to take advantage of.

Thats the cover 2 weakness..the middle. Most teams cant really take advantage of it like we could with Randy. I also think youll see a share of the ball spread out with Ronnie as the third WR...

Imagine this...two wide...McMike at T.E....R&R in the backfield.....now...you move Ronnie into the slot. Ricky the single back now. You cant move up your safetys..so the run is in play. But....now you have to worry about a 230lb Running back..who runs a 4.4...matching up against a smaller DB. Linebacker is to slow to cover. Who covers Randy? I see single coverage to Chris Chambers now, dont you?

Our offense will be very hard to stop when both are in the backfield. I would argue that it would be very hard to stop if we were lined up in the power I with those two.

I would also think that Linehan's experience with gameplanning against TB and Gruden will help also. It will be a hard fought battle for whom ever the victor is.

Back
Top Bottom