Bucs Fan Here | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs Fan Here

SSnowman said:
Believe me, the Dolphins are also having a penalty problem right now. If we can fix some of those problems, I think it'll be a tough game for you guys. If not, it could be a very long day for us.

I think the Dolphins D will be able to do a decent job of containing Carnell. That's one area this year they've been pretty good at. I also think they'll get some decent pressure on Griese. Whether or not that will equate to turnovers, I really don't know because we haven't had very good luck forcing interceptions or even picking up fumbles for that matter.

It's really hard to make a prediction with this team. As I said, if we play mistake free football, the team looks pretty good. If not, we go 0-17 in the first half like we did vs Buffalo.

Hey, quit giving out team secrets, this guy may be Coach Gruden for all you know.:shakeno:

occamz_razr said:
Simple....we cant win on the road. We wont win this game.
well we know they can't win in new york, but they've proven they can win in florida, so i'm going with a W here :)

miami knows cadillac will be getting the ball. they WANT griese to pass more. they're BEGGING him to throw more. i dunno if michael clayton is hurt, because he only had the ball thrown his way once during the jets game, and i hope we can see that number drop to zero :D. the offensive line is pretty bad at protecting the QB, so we should blitz a lot (unless pittman is in there) and i LOOOOOOVE the matchup of jason taylor vs. anthony davis. our passrush should make up for our secondary. i expect a lot of swing passes to tight ends and pittman/cadillac/alstott. also, don't expect any ballsy playcalling from gruden. i know he has this reputation of an offensive genius, but he's as conservative as they come. 3rd and long will probably just be a draw play. in fact, in his press conference yesterday, he explained why he only threw the ball 6 yards on a 3rd and 10. he said "we wanted to get the ball 8 yards so we could have a good distance to go on 4th down." they only got 6 yards, and kicked the field goal to make it a 14-12 game, and whatdoyaknow, that was the final score. he's a total field position guy. if miami gives up too many 3rd and longs early on, the bucs pretty much have the win wrapped up. penalties are another story for this game though...two VERY penalized teams. it's tough to handicap a game like this, so, i'll just say the dolphins win

Fran2fin said:
Hey, quit giving out team secrets, this guy may be Coach Gruden for all you know.:shakeno:
clear.gif

occamz_razr said:
Simple....we cant win on the road. We wont win this game.
Dude, go away. Honestly. WE'VE LOST TWO GAMES ON THE ROAD, one by 6 points... geez. We ALMOST won with 18 penalties and 5 turnovers.

kastofsna120 said:
well we know they can't win in new york, but they've proven they can win in florida, so i'm going with a W here :)

miami knows cadillac will be getting the ball. they WANT griese to pass more. they're BEGGING him to throw more. i dunno if michael clayton is hurt, because he only had the ball thrown his way once during the jets game, and i hope we can see that number drop to zero :D. the offensive line is pretty bad at protecting the QB, so we should blitz a lot (unless pittman is in there) and i LOOOOOOVE the matchup of jason taylor vs. anthony davis. our passrush should make up for our secondary. i expect a lot of swing passes to tight ends and pittman/cadillac/alstott. also, don't expect any ballsy playcalling from gruden. i know he has this reputation of an offensive genius, but he's as conservative as they come. 3rd and long will probably just be a draw play. in fact, in his press conference yesterday, he explained why he only threw the ball 6 yards on a 3rd and 10. he said "we wanted to get the ball 8 yards so we could have a good distance to go on 4th down." they only got 6 yards, and kicked the field goal to make it a 14-12 game, and whatdoyaknow, that was the final score. he's a total field position guy. if miami gives up too many 3rd and longs early on, the bucs pretty much have the win wrapped up. penalties are another story for this game though...two VERY penalized teams. it's tough to handicap a game like this, so, i'll just say the dolphins win
:yeahthat:

vt_dolfan said:
Thats the cover 2 weakness..the middle. Most teams cant really take advantage of it like we could with Randy. I also think youll see a share of the ball spread out with Ronnie as the third WR...

Imagine this...two wide...McMike at T.E....R&R in the backfield.....now...you move Ronnie into the slot. Ricky the single back now. You cant move up your safetys..so the run is in play. But....now you have to worry about a 230lb Running back..who runs a 4.4...matching up against a smaller DB. Linebacker is to slow to cover. Who covers Randy? I see single coverage to Chris Chambers now, dont you?

Our offense will be very hard to stop when both are in the backfield. I would argue that it would be very hard to stop if we were lined up in the power I with those two.

I would also think that Linehan's experience with gameplanning against TB and Gruden will help also. It will be a hard fought battle for whom ever the victor is.
We close the gaps pretty well. So dont look for too many holes. However our secondary is fantastic and getting throught the tight holes if any will slow him down pleanty for them to stop the runs. I dont see you guys getting anywhere on the ground. Even with your impressive RB's.

Bucalicious said:
We close the gaps pretty well. So dont look for too many holes. However our secondary is fantastic and getting throught the tight holes if any will slow him down pleanty for them to stop the runs. I dont see you guys getting anywhere on the ground. Even with your impressive RB's.
Then how did Curtis Martin have a good day on yall's D? We have two good backs, both of which are better.

Bucalicious said:
That may be true, but there was not a whole lot of running room against Buffablo. We still had some success. I think Saban is going to be a little more inclined to run early this week. I just hope that doesn't turn into "wadball".

Bucalicious said:
Hey Bucalicious, Good to see you.

I've seen a lot of posts about the options with Ricky and Ronnie in the backfield. It reminds me of the preseason talk about Pitt & Caddy. Same thing basically. Pitt shifts out wide Caddy the lone back, ect. I've got enough confidence in Monte Kiffin to be ready for that formation. We have something that most teams that Miami will face this year don't have, A DB that tackles like a LB and one of the fastest LBs in the biz. Between Barber and Brooks I think the Bucs D will be fine.

Dolfan5000 said:
Then how did Curtis Martin have a good day on yall's D? We have two good backs, both of which are better.
Cutris Martin had 56 yards all day. He punched a TD on an 8 yard drive after a penalty gave the Jets half the distance.

Dolfan5000 said:

Well...

We let The Vikings get only 34 yds rushing.

We let the Bills get only 47 yds rushing.

We let the Packers get only 80 yds rushing.

We let the Lions get only 90 yds rushing.

And the Jets only got 62 yds rushing.

We havent allowed more than 100 yds all season. Yet have regularly gained more than 100 yds.

Its something to look at. Whoever controls the ball on the ground wins. Usually...

BigBadBuc said:
59 yards is a good day?
Well i dont think its a bad day. But its certainly nothing to write about. Like I said in my last post in this thread. We have not allowed more than 100 yards per game yet in regular season (I didnt bother checking preseason). This gives us a huge advantage in games we are able to use our own running game.

Well at the beginning of the year I circled this game as a definite win for the Bucs, but Miami looks decent this year. However, we are a much better offense with Caddy in the game. I have to agree with the Anthony Davis vs Jason Taylor matchup that favors the phins, but Anthony Becht and Pittman will be on that side helping out. I also like our run blocking vs your run D. I also like home field advantage (who wouldn't?). The Bucs will win this game, but it will be close.

Back
Top Bottom