Bucs gettin the BIG HEAD? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs gettin the BIG HEAD?

goldfish

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tampa Tribune

This has got a pretty good sting to it.... I hope it hasn't been posted before.

Wish we could post this in our locker room!

OUCH!! That hurt just reading it. You're right, this is great for the locker room.

That article wouldn't be written if the Bucs hadn't won the superbowl

I find it kinda of funny that this is more of a ‘slam the Fins’ article than a ‘go Bucs’ article.

Lets not forget that in the grand scheme of things, this game means almost nothing. Lets not put too much emphasis on a win here, instead of a win down the road. I’d hate to see anyone get hurt because they got all riled up about this. In the regular season or super bowl, using this as a tool to motivate players I can see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like it or not, a lot of his points are accurate.

Different take.

I think that at the end he's actually suggesting that THIS could be Miami's year, much as it was Tampa's LAST YEAR.

His "dig" on us is not totally off the mark... I hate to admit.

And, hey, if we sucked and had little or no chance at making it to the SB... would this article even have been written?

Barnes, you're assessment couldn't be more correct. That whole article was FAR more about trashing the Phins than celebrating the Bucs.

I don't get it with this rivalry. Its like the Bucs take issue with the fact that we haven't had a losing season since like, the 80's. They take issue with the fact that we're the winningest franchise in NFL history since the AFL-NFL merger.

Cuz thats all they harp on. They have a big chip on their shoulders about how everyone always talks about the Dolphins and how they should go to the Super Bowl. And now the Bucs finally get theirs and they still harp on it. For all the talk among Bucs fans and writers about how the Dolphins are always heaped this respect that is undue and the Bucs are perennially underestimated, I remember the BUCS being declared the favorites for the Super Bowl by Dr.Z's power rankings I believe a few years in a row man.

What the heck is with this chip on the shoulder business? Get over it Bucs fans. Look at your own team and stop looking at ours. Its not like you see Miami writers talking about the Bucs' inability to put it all together back when Dungy was there. Its not like you ever saw Miami writers dissing the Bucs and talking about how they've never even SNIFFED the super bowl before in all their years of existence, until a few years ago when it took a change of color scheme to get people excited about their team.

What a complete @ss. And the real stupid part is I know a lot of Bucs fans are going to read that and love every word of it, because they've all got this Miami chip on their shoulder.

We've got two super bowls, a perfect season, the best QB in league history, and the winningest record since the AFL-NFL merger...yet WE are "one of the great underachievers in sports"

Got news for ya pal. Some winning records were underachievements (like 2002) and some winning records were overachievements (like 2000). But just because we always maintain a winning record, does not automatically mean we're a big underachiever. In fact, since free agency has started there is a definite pattern of ups and downs among teams and the simple fact that we avoid all of those downs is testament to the fact that we could be one of the biggest OVERachievers in all of sports...cuz we take a system that is designed for parity and we turn it into winning records. I would call that a decided OVERachievement.

That is a good point -81-, it is sort of a back handed compliment. Or is that a slightly positive insult. Either way it hits too close to home! It sucks to be a fan of the winningest team in the last 20 years without a title!!!!

Oh well, THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT!!! THIS TEAM IS DIFFERENT!!!

(I hope!) (please be different!)

I look at the glass half full man. I love being a fan of the winningest team since the AFL-NFL merger. I love the fact that I dont have to take whole seasons off from watching and learning about the dolphins' every single move assiduously because we never have any years where we just KNOW we're not going to be good.

And once again, I'll say it. The Miami Dolphins have taken a system, Free Agency, which was designed to foster PARITY in the league, and they have worked that system into CONSISTENT winning records, with not a single losing record since Free Agency began.

Martin whats-his-fat-ugly-fricking-face considers that to be a sign of one of the biggest UNDERachievers in all of sports.

I, logically, consider it as a sign of one of the biggest OVERachievers in all of sports. Against the odds, we keep winning. I think, from his quote there, that Rich McKay agrees with me. :)

It is nice watching the yearbooks for the fins year in and year out, knowing that they will be at least tolerable. BUT I WANT MORE!!!! MORE!!!! Maybe it is because I get so much crap here in Broncos and Vikings country. :D

I still maintain that the Fins have one of the best owners in football (except for the Falcs). It all propogates from there.

When your team needs to go at least 12-4 for the next 12+ seasons just to get it's all-time record to .500, naturally the past is something you tend to not want to dwell on a whole lot. Personally, I'm rooting for the Bucs to get back to the Super Bowl, with the expectation that our 'Phins will be there as well to flatten the tires on their swollen bandwagon.

Or is it the Fish we've smelled for years?

Ouch!!! This writer didn't hold back with that last sentence. It could very well be getting to their head. Can't wait for the bills to beat the hell out of the bucs this coming SB. :couch:

The Bucs are the ones selling more jerseys across the state - and nation. Dolphin habitat is shrinking. More people are born every year, and every year gets further away from the perfect season of 1972.

Where were all these "Buc" fans 5-6 years ago? Why don't we all just get on the :bandwagon

I don't know if anyone else read the article about Sapp on the homepage here, but this guy needs to go down. I want a Fins vs Bucs SB, now ;(. So..the Bucs FINALLY get their trophy and now the whole ****in' organization turns into a Dynasty over night. What would you call 20+ years of *** whoopin? Over-achieving?

Seems to me Martin here is an *** hat. I hope Wade knocks Sapp flat on his *** in the Scrimmage Fri. The guy talks more then he makes plays is another reason I find him stupid.

What really hurt was seeing that 62-7 lose against Jacksonville.

I still look at that and just think to myself how the hell we give up 62 points...I mean damn...

I want a Bucs/Dolphins SB soo damn badly. I hate Buc fans because they are all bandwagon bastards.

Back
Top Bottom