Bucs gettin the BIG HEAD? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs gettin the BIG HEAD?

That's how it is here in Tampa (towards Miami). The arrogance. The ****iness. Every since they got Dungy, it's here. This writer just symbolizes it. Sports radio here dedicates a lot of time to smacking the Phins. And now that they've won a title, it's worse.

The article is indeed a slam. And the end is just backhanded niceties.

I hate the Bucs. Always have and always will. Hell I live just 45 mins from Tampa and all the papers are so biased towards them that it makes me sick. I can't stand to see Sapp's big fat face on ESPN, every chance they get they have to do a sideline shot of him. It does'nt matter if he's picking his nose or just standing there, and you know he's well aware that the camera is on him and he just eats it up.:mad: It would'nt matter if the Buc's are the visiting team and are losing. All you're going to hear and see is Sapp, it sickens me to no end. I pray and wish for his football demise. :fire:

All this does is make it much sweeter when they come crashing down to earth. Remember all the talk of the Raven's "dynasty" a few years ago? ;)

Gotta agree with ya Den54, the papers around here are unbelievably biased... It's especially bad where we live, since the area doesnt really have a team, everyone wanted to hop on the bucs bandwagon as soon as they won a few games and changed those hideousl uniforms.... Thats how it is with _every_ one of my friends and family.. Too bad we dont play them in the reg. season this year..

It's one thing to win a SB, but to trash another team because of one special year. Ohh man, no offense Justa, but this needs to be A PHINS\TAMPA SB..They didn't say those things about the bills, now this is personal..does anyone have connections with the phins, so they see this article?

I take the article as a compliment. Kind of like someone telling you to FINALLY live up to your potential. One note of discension however...maybe he should check out the # of jerseys the Pats sold last year compared to how many they sell right now. Superbowl winners come and go, but the Phins are ALWAYS top 10 in merchandise sales. Win or lose the Superbowl this year, Miami will beat Tamp out next year.

I will say its infectious. My mother just moved to Tampa about a year ago, from Port Charlotte 100 miles south of Tampa. Back home, I'd say the split is pretty even with maybe a little slant toward the Phins.

Took here like all of 6 months up here in Tampa to become a big Bucs fan. We're talkin flag on the car, license plate, no bumper stickers but thats juct cuz she doesn't want any stickers on her 2003 camry. And the REAL funny part, is she doesn't really know the first thing about football really. I think she knew I was a Dol-Fan while I was growin up but she and I never shared any football or anything just didn't seem right she was not a fan. In fact she was an anti-football lady cuz she grew up in a house full of guys and they always went all autocratic on the tv on sundays.

Couple months in tampa, and I'm surprised she doesn't have a Sapp jersey...not to mention she's like in love with Gruden.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
It's one thing to win a SB, but to trash another team because of one special year. Ohh man, no offense Justa, but this needs to be A PHINS\TAMPA SB..They didn't say those things about the bills, now this is personal..does anyone have connections with the phins, so they see this article?

Doesn't need to be. Although I do admire their team from last year, I can't stand people who say they will repeat. They are and should be favored but last year is last year. The may have a solid D, so does everyone else this year. Their O is nothing to be scared about. Brad Johnson IMO won't be as successful this yer.

Superbowl winners come and go, but the Phins are ALWAYS top 10 in merchandise sales

Oh but that just makes the Phins even MORE overrated and MORE underachieving, don't you see! The Phins are soooo popular even though their super bowl trophieS (note the plural tampa fans) are gathering dust...and this popularity just means that the Phins are incredibly overrated and are Football's version of the Red Sox obviously. Oh but yet, this popularity is waning, and Tampa fans are gathering numbers (this doesn't have anything to do with bandwagons shut up! shut your fool mouth!) and this is important because even though if the phins are really popular it just makes them more of a loser, losing fans makes them even MORE of a loser! Ha! Ha HA! You see, because the Dolphins are just LOSERS and we won a super bowl. HA! Never thought it could happen did you! We won the Super Bowl and I'll take one Super Bowl appearance and trophy in the last couple years over three super bowl appearances and two trophies decades ago ANY DAY! Because this is the now, and only the now is important! Records be damned! There are no records, I destroyed them in fact. There's not even any record of the Phins ever having won a Super Bowl in fact, thanks to a conveniently placed torch in the NFL record keeping warehouses. Better yet, there's no record because it was so incredibly loooooong ago that the records all disintegrated!

What do you think NOW Dol-Fans! How dare Vegas let you share in our being favorites to win the Super Bowl. We'll show you! In fact, we already did! Last year! And thats better than you having a perfect season and two Lombardi's ANY day because....because....its more recent!!!

"The Bucs are the ones selling more jerseys across the state - and nation. Dolphin habitat is shrinking."

I have to disagree with this quote. Up here in extreme northwestern part of the state where the Jags and Bucs are much closer, I still see far more Dolphin gear than those other 2 teams. If the Bucs have sold more jerseys in this area, the people who bought them aren't wearing them.

Lets compare the 2 Organizations..
Miami<~~ Only undefeated team in NFL History in a season
Tampa Bay<~~ Only organization to go a full season WINLESS 0-16

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahhaha!!! I forgot about that season, RUDEbyallMEANS. It had my favorite line by a coach (John McKay). When asked about the execution of his offense, he replied, "I am in favor of it."

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Lets compare the 2 Organizations..
Miami&lt;~~ Only undefeated team in NFL History in a season
Tampa Bay&lt;~~ Only organization to go a full season WINLESS 0-16

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know Rude, that's where all this antimosity (sp) is stimming from, the undefeated to the defeated..never thought about it..but now, I'll ease up a bit, jealousy is an ugly thing.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom