buffalo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

buffalo

SmokinGunz said:
a couple of things we need to do to destroy buffalo at home, Oline needs to block, stop making stupid penalties, and Gus needs to stay focus and not let the fans get in his head. any other suggestions?

Yea, the defence needs to have an "excellent" day. ;)

I just think we can't have a letdown like we did against the Jets.,,..it was like we killed Denver and then did not show up the next week against the Jets....hopefully we won't overlook the Bills.

Dolfan2788 said:
Everyone had the same confidence going into the Jets game. But we lost...

Losman at least has an arm and could definitely burn us in some situations with our secondary. What we need to do in this game is execute our gameplan effectively unlike the Jets game and we should come away with a win.

Gameplan:
D
1. Stop McGahee
2. Confuse rookie qb with pressure, different looks, etc.
3. Run back int from confused rookie qb for TD
O
4. Pound Ronnie
5. Confuse defense by not calling a Wannstadt game (go deep, reverses, etc)
Score early and often
ST
6. Fall on blocked punt in endzone
7. Save Welker punt return for TD for final 2 minutes of game

There's the plan, now all we gotta do is execute.:D

(Man, this game-planning stuff is easy!)

Dolfan2788 said:
Everyone had the same confidence going into the Jets game. But we lost...

Losman at least has an arm and could definitely burn us in some situations with our secondary. What we need to do in this game is execute our gameplan effectively unlike the Jets game and we should come away with a win.

I agree. Personally, I'm very worried. Of course, it's good to be worried because it means my expectations are now pretty high and I didn't expect that going into the year.

The problem I see is that our pass rush both historically and in the 3 games this year has been far far better at home than on the road. We gave Pennington forever to throw the ball. He still threw ducks, but the wr's were open by 5+ yards. We don't have the db's to match up with moulds and evans who are both excellent players. Losman has looked terrible, but if we stack the box and he still gets time, I could see them connecting on some big plays. Howard (and even madison) can't hang with their wr's for an extended period of time. And he does have a live arm and live legs.

Our gameplan needs to be tuff the run and bring pressure. We just need to execute it effectively. Our D needs a big performance on the road. And our offense needs to just manage the game, play it safe, and capitalize if an opportunity for more presents itself.

It's all a matter of executing on the road and that's never easy.

so-long-Ricky said:
I'm loving the overconfidence I've read from some of the posters on this board lately. It seems like a lot of people here think going to RWS and playing against the Bills is going to be a cake walk.

The reason Miami fans are overconfident is because Losman is playing badly, and he hasn't even seen pressure like he's going to get from Miami.

Wagon Circler said:
How soon we forget the bills started 0-4 last year.

Football would be a terrible sport if the season was decided in three games like all of the people here think it is.

not me buddy, I think all these folks singing your death song are nutz. Same with the Jets.

It will be intresting to see what happens in the bills saints game. I got to see some of the bills falcons game last week and I wasnt that impressed with the playcalling. It seems the cordinators dont have any faith in JP at all, it looked a lot like wannyball. Who knows though, in the NFL sometimes it only takes one game to make signifigant improvemt or for a qb to gain more confidence. We should have a better idea of what we will face after sunday.

No matter our views I'm sure the actual "team" knows they can't go into Buffalo thinking its going to be an easy W or think they'll just lay down for us...

Back
Top Bottom