Building an Offensive line always starts with the center. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building an Offensive line always starts with the center.

Not a bad argument if you total ignore the running game or the reality that the center represents the shortest path for the defense to get to the QB.

Did you consider that in your argument, and if you did, how did you account for it?
Dear Uncle Ray -- couldn't help but notice -- you've become the C of attention!

:p

Guys, we got an entire new OL last year. Davis was the only holdover to play meaningful minutes. We paid our OC 3 mill but his valuation was closer to 8-9 mill. We paid our LG 10 mill but his valuation is maybe 5-6 mill.

Flowers is the guy we should be looking to replace. Kindley should do eventually and we are stuck with Flowers for another year. Between Covid and no training camps, etc it is too early to judge things. Between Flowers contract and Kindley I think we stand pat.

Jessie Davis is worth a lot more than we pay him and shown to be serviceable darn near anywhere on the line. I think Hunt can play RT, and did well by the end of the year, but Davis can cover that spot at a good enough level if need be. At worst Hunt is your RG and Davis is your RT. If I were to draft OL I'd get a RG and resign our OC. Likely Kindley will play RG and Hunt RT next year. Davis will fill in if one isn't up to the task. That could change if we draft a RG. Or maybe we draft a OC and don't resign ours.

I think most feel Jackson looks the part of a LT but IMHO he has a way to go. He is young and hopefully we get back to have a real training camps and practices. Next year should tell us if we have LT solved. For now I'd stand pat.

What is clear to me is we can't stand pat at WR and RB. There are so many places I'd spend capitol before the OL.

Guys, we got an entire new OL last year. Davis was the only holdover to play meaningful minutes. We paid our OC 3 mill but his valuation was closer to 8-9 mill. We paid our LG 10 mill but his valuation is maybe 5-6 mill.

Flowers is the guy we should be looking to replace. Kindley should do eventually and we are stuck with Flowers for another year. Between Covid and no training camps, etc it is too early to judge things. Between Flowers contract and Kindley I think we stand pat.

Jessie Davis is worth a lot more than we pay him and shown to be serviceable darn near anywhere on the line. I think Hunt can play RT, and did well by the end of the year, but Davis can cover that spot at a good enough level if need be. At worst Hunt is your RG and Davis is your RT. If I were to draft OL I'd get a RG and resign our OC. Likely Kindley will play RG and Hunt RT next year. Davis will fill in if one isn't up to the task. That could change if we draft a RG. Or maybe we draft a OC and don't resign ours.

I think most feel Jackson looks the part of a LT but IMHO he has a way to go. He is young and hopefully we get back to have a real training camps and practices. Next year should tell us if we have LT solved. For now I'd stand pat.

What is clear to me is we can't stand pat at WR and RB. There are so many places I'd spend capitol before the OL.

A well thought out and presented post.

We weren't very good last year... and another year's worth of development (and a full training camp if we get one) will certainly help three of our starters, but we were near the bottom last year and I wonder how good they could become with no help?

I'm in favour of giving them some help.

Our line was prob the worst. As much as Gailey was given **** his scheme helped a lot with getting the ball quickly out of the qbs hand. With that said we had three rookies there. If we draft someone at left tackle we can transition Jackson to right tackle then move hunt to guard. Regardless, Hunt was never meant to stay at right tackle, and had Jackson played right tackle he would have had better success than hunt.

Left tackle plays on the weak side of the field. They have a higher responsibility and a more important assignment. The right tackle has a tight end on his right hand side. The Jaguars invested in boselli in the draft as their first pick. Worked out really good for them. They did a lot in a short span.
Fully aware that Blind-side is typically OLT; the phins are doing things a55backwards

Back
Top Bottom