Buoniconti says Bills superior to Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buoniconti says Bills superior to Dolphins

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Are the Miami Dolphins the worst team in the AFC East?

Hall of Fame linebacker Nick Buoniconti thinks so.

Buoniconti recently told Miami Herald columnist Barry Jackson the Dolphins are years away from competing with the New England Patriots and New York Jets and have fallen behind the Buffalo Bills.

"This team has been languishing for so long, they have bad karma," Buoniconti said of the Dolphins. "People talk about a two-year plan. If you're lucky, it's a five-year plan because they don't have the ingredients to rise above the Patriots and Jets, and the Bills are ahead of them because of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

"When you look at the Patriots, they have two first-round picks coming up, two seconds and two thirds. How are you going to compete with that? You can't do it through free agency. Miami doesn't have a second-round pick. It's a joke.

"[Dolphins owner] Steve Ross should surround himself with people who are winners. He doesn't have that."

Buoniconti, who starred for the Dolphins and Boston Patriots in a sterling 14-year career, also criticized Bill Parcells for walking away as vice president of football operations a few days before the regular-season opener.

"I like Bill Parcells, but I don't understand why someone would leave a sinking ship," Buoniconti said. "You don't do that and say 'I'm out of here' and collect my money.' "

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/24753/buoniconti-says-bills-superior-to-dolphins#comments

Looks like he's pissed with Parcells' actions....

Buoniconti, your so full of crap. Miami was pretty poor last year..but did you watch us beat the Jets last year? Yet we can competet with them?

Moron. No one is making excuses, we went 7 and 9. Miami had plent of key injuries and close games, its not like we were blown out Nick.

If Miami is the worst team in the division next year than so be it. But looking at our roster how could he predict it?

He said the Bills are ahead of the Fins not Superior!!

But we have a Pro Bowl LT and were 4th in rushing in 2010.

Meh. he's not saying anything original, just the same **** many of us have said ourselves. as to next season who knows! I'll say it once again, for me, the next season comes down to ... who is our OC?

"[Dolphins owner] Steve Ross should surround himself with people who are winners. He doesn't have that."

There it is in a nutshell folks. Ross surrounds himself with yes men and a coach he tried hard to replace. I do not think anyone can argue with that point.

There it is in a nutshell folks. Ross surrounds himself with yes men and a coach he tried hard to replace. I do not think anyone can argue with that point.
You really think King Karl is a yes man?

Miami just can't keep anything consistent (except the bad QB play). If it's not the offense holding us back, it's the defense or vice versa. I can't even remember the last time Miami played a complete game in all 3 phases of the game in an absolute rout.

I think Ireland is a " yes " man. He wants an extension. Snake oil at its finest.

He said the Bills are ahead of the Fins not Superior!!

And he goes on to say he feels that way because they have a QB and we do not. His oppinion is fair. I think we could easily leap frog into the mix of fighting for the number 1 spot by finding that QB. I do not agree that we are years away, we are one big piece away and that piece could be found anytime.

Wonder just what free agents are going to want to come to this current mess of an NFL franchise unless they are really overpaid or no one else will take them?

Let's see the cast of this shipwreck......

You've got Thurston Howell Ross as the owner.

The Skipper Sparano as the head coach.

Gilligan Ireland as the General Manager.

MaryAnn and Ginger as part owners.

Unfortunately its been much more than a 3 hour tour.

I'm surprised that the former Dolphin greats haven't been even more vocal. What a real joy it was to watch those guys play!

Wonder just what free agents are going to want to come to this current mess of an NFL franchise unless they are really overpaid or no one else will take them?

Let's see the cast of this shipwreck......

You've got Thurston Howell Ross as the owner.

The Skipper Sparano as the head coach.

Gilligan Ireland as the General Manager.

MaryAnn and Ginger as part owners.

Unfortunately its been much more than a 3 hour tour.

I'm surprised that the former Dolphin greats haven't been even more vocal. What a real joy it was to watch those guys play!

Was Henning the professor?

How do you get 4th in rushing in 2010
our offense was 21st in rushing with 102.7 yards rushing per game average

http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA

Sorry, meant 2009. The point being, pro bowl tackle or not, 2009 7 wins 9 losses 2010 7 wins 9 losses. Makes absolutely no difference where we were ranked or for what, all that matters is 7 wins 9 losses. It ends there, the rest of the stuff is for less then enlightened people to throw around the yard a little.

Back
Top Bottom