Burke Upset | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burke Upset

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again,"We have a moron running our defense"

images

Defensive coordinator Matt Burke, whose unit allowed 32 points and 457 yards against Detroit, called the defense’s performance “a collectively crappy effort. It obviously comes from coaching staff down. We obviously didn’t prepare them well enough. We had breakdowns across the board at every level - missed alignments, missed assignments, missed tackles. We’re not going to point fingers at a single group.”

Will there be playing time changes as result?

“We we are going to put the best players to win this game,” Burke said. “...We have to do a better job of being prepared. I’m at a little bit of a loss for words for how things went. We have to do a better job preparing them to be ready to play from the first whistle.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article220157280.html#storylink=rss

Detroit's offense is legit. Oddly, it is their defense that makes them a crappy team. Burke has nothing to be proud about, but the Lions put up points against most teams. It's our offense who couldn't outscore them. IMHO, the entire team needs to play better, not just the defense. Despite the good offensive day for the Dolphins … teams that play the Lions are in a shootout … which means the offense needs to win it, and we didn't.

I don't think he's a moron, I just think that he does what he knows and is comfortable with, and those things don't really work. Therefore, we have a problem.

mo·ron
/ˈmôrˌän/
noun
informal
noun: moron; plural noun: morons
a stupid person.

synonyms: fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod;

stu·pid
/ˈst(y)o͞opəd/
adjective
adjective: stupid; comparative adjective: stupider; superlative adjective: stupidest
having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
"I was stupid enough to think she was perfect"
synonyms: unintelligent, ignorant, dense, foolish, dull-witted, slow, simpleminded, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, imbecilic, imbecile, obtuse, doltish;

https://www.google.com

We have a stupid person, who lacks common sense

It seems the players are confused before the snap every other play. When you see the players pointing fingers, screaming, running around and still having their heads turned away from the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped...that’s terrible coaching.
I have noticed that. They always seem confused. Also, Baker did a good job blitzing on the Bengals games but I don't recall him being use to blitz at all in the Lions game. We have no pass rush to blitzing is what you need to do and yet he's not calling them to do that.

I wish I had time to actually watch tapes. There were so many plays where the defense’s alignment made no sense given the Lions’ offensive set. It was bizarre to see.

Detroit's offense is legit. Oddly, it is their defense that makes them a crappy team. Burke has nothing to be proud about, but the Lions put up points against most teams. It's our offense who couldn't outscore them. IMHO, the entire team needs to play better, not just the defense. Despite the good offensive day for the Dolphins … teams that play the Lions are in a shootout … which means the offense needs to win it, and we didn't.

I'm sorry dude but that a steaming pile of crap.

I don't think he's a moron, I just think that he does what he knows and is comfortable with, and those things don't really work. Therefore, we have a problem.

and thats the problem with the majority of this league from a coaching standpoint ( still love you, dave.) its the square ped round hole conundrem. its what makes guys like belichick elite. they can adjust. they understand that when your wide 9 is getting gashed its time to go away from it, and not to ask your guys to "run faster" ( again, still love you dave!)

Back
Top Bottom