Burke Upset | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burke Upset

I don't think he's a moron, I just think that he does what he knows and is comfortable with, and those things don't really work. Therefore, we have a problem.
I agree. He knows what he knows, but doesn't know how to vary from that. You see that in his game plan every week. He runs the same thing, week in and week out, and fails to make adjustments to account for his opponents' strengths. And because of that, it makes it easy as hell for opposing teams to watch tape on his "scheme" and plan for it.

It's also the reason when the one game a year they decide to play different ( press man, blitz, etc) they look great because the opponent hasn't seen it.

"Wide 9"

Sounds like a sex position to me!

Burke might be a tab kinky!

:)

It seems the players are confused before the snap every other play. When you see the players pointing fingers, screaming, running around and still having their heads turned away from the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped...that’s terrible coaching.

Hey Spiff, and I quote from last years Panther game.

"Mr. Alonso was calling changes to the D alignments, but it was if some guys had no Idea what he was telling them, so what happened on quite a few plays, he would yell something, people would shift around from one place then move to another before settling down to a final location. On more than one occasion, the ball was snapped during this confusion, and boom another Panther gain. This did not look like a disguising of coverage, it looked like disorganization, and chickens running around with their heads cut off.

The funniest D play for the Fins goes to #22. He lined up to the defenses right, just ahead of and to the right of Mr. Alonso. Mr. Alonso pointed to something and shouted to him, so he started to move over further to the right, toward the two receivers that the Panthers had lined up in a “pick” formation. There was a corner back there already, and I guess he could not figure out that he should be there also. Well as he was headed over there the ball is snapped, the running back runs right behind and by ol #22. Now you could see by the body language of the receivers, it was like “Hey Brohiem” the play is behind you, they had come off the line, maybe a yard and stopped because the running back was in the Fins secondary already. Finally 22 figures it out, too late Braugh. I really believe he should be released, I know one play does not make a career, but I don’t think a person who is a professional should make this kind of mistake. He really looked hapless."

A year later, and the same thing. The "Homers" "My Team Right Or Wrong People" can deny the reality all they want, but, there really has been no progress with the D as far as consistently good play is concerned. Burke should be let go, and, you know what, never mind that, Scott Pioli, and let him get a new set of coaches etc.

The Ever Disgusted VIPER

Burke’s being handicapped by a ‘wide 9’ with the wrong personnel manning it.. and the guy controlling the 53.

Gase.

I have noticed that. They always seem confused. Also, Baker did a good job blitzing on the Bengals games but I don't recall him being use to blitz at all in the Lions game. We have no pass rush to blitzing is what you need to do and yet he's not calling them to do that.
not sure if this matters to you, but Burke is on the record saying he doesn’t believe in blitzing when it’s about sending more guys then they have blocking..

He is a moron. Should have been fired Monday but Gase and Ross have no balls. Gase only fires people who don’t go along with his plan

POST OF THE DAY!!!

I never wanted gase at all. And i knew his ego, and the fact he he knows he is hype would leave us with never having any legit coaches on his staff. Why? Because he would be shown up and exposed and a mutiny on the good ship gase would be at hand with players siding with their position coaches and coordinators as gase's failures piled up. See Mike Ditka/Buddy Ryan with the 80's bears.

Gase wont EVER have anyone who will call him out or have the ability to out coach him. Which is a team killer.

---------------------------------

1 Corinthians 1:10

Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no
divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the
same mind and in the same line of thought.

I don't think he's a moron, I just think that he does what he knows and is comfortable with, and those things don't really work. Therefore, we have a problem.

Sounds like you're saying he just doesn't have that vast experience as a DC.

He is a moron. Should have been fired Monday but Gase and Ross have no balls. Gase only fires people who don’t go along with his plan

I'll never understand the logic behind these post and I'm being genuine here.

You don’t understand a person stating their opinion on a message board?

Not everyone is going to agree on everything and post stuff you agree with. Simple as that.

probably gonna get roasted for saying this but as much as i hated the guy i would much rather have Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator... Burke has no idea how to adjust.

if not for a tipped ball, Detroit still hasn't punted

Back
Top Bottom