Burnett released | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett released

Not gonna miss burnett or dansby. They were mostly OK, serviceable, and not much else. Need to give some younger guys a chance to intensify our D.

I'm hearing people whine about the LB moves, but seriously, the lack of LB intensity and depth has been a glaring setback for the Fins. Im glad Ireland's able to address it without having to use up draft picks.

Carpenter next to get the axe I bet.....for a rookie kicker that we draft in Round 5, 6 or 7.....I like Dustin Hopkins of Florida State.

We did get younger but not sure where people are saying these guys are faster . They are all basically very similar speeded guys no matter what some choose to believe

Gotta wonder how these moves will sit with players - they really gutted the "heart" of the defense. Even though Dansby and Burnett are a tad overrated, there are still a lot of players who saw them as leaders.

Also, Cam Wake is a lock for defensive captain next year.

Well after FA and the draft half the players will be new, so I'm guessing it sits just fine with them. The rest will see that Miami went from a poor team under Sparano to a totally revamped young and good team under Philbin. I'm sure they'll be OK with it and probably a little extra motivated to keep their mouth shut and train a little harder.

Ellerbe, Wheeler, Misi all excel at blitzing/ rushing the passer

Here are the scouting write ups for Ellerbe and Wheeler per ESPN Insider:
Comment: Ellerbe has good size and athleticism and he has good strength to take on blockers between the tackles as a run defender. He attacks the line of scrimmage with good run fits using his hands well to ward of blockers and work though the trash. He has enough athleticism to be effective in both man- and zone-coverage schemes. He has enough talent to continue to contribute as a core special teams player.
Comment: Wheeler has adequate dimensions along with marginal straight-line speed and lateral range. He is a smart player who is quick to locate the ball and takes good angles to get there. He lacks the top burst to close on tackles which causes him to be close but not-quite-there on a lot of plays. He lacks much pop or punch as he meets blockers and will get overpowered and swallowed up by bigger offensive linemen when trying to stuff the play at the point of attack.

They both look like solid up-and-comers.

Our LB'ers were the slowest and one of the oldest bunch in the league. Tey cant cover and cannot run east to west for anything.

I am happy as hell that Burnett is gone. I remember Hartline talking after the last game vs. Patriots in 2012. Hartline said some players weren't giving their full effort against New England. After watching tape of the game, there's no doubt one of the guys who was giving a half ass effort was Burnett. It sickened me to watch him running half speed towards a ball carrier and not tackling. I am glad he's gone. We don't need crap on our team like that.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I want some linebackers who can run and hit someone. Neither Dansby nor Burnett were physical.

Back
Top Bottom