Burnett released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett released

Twiiter -Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP
RT @PFF: Dolphins defense getting more aggressive. Picked up 2 of the better blitzing LBs in the league. Really attack QB with intent

That will basically free up the cash to cover wheeler's deal

Exactly. Now which aisle do we want to shop next? Tight end? Corner? In this market, tackles are like frozen foods -- pick one up on our way to the checkout stand.

He's a good player that makes star money.. Richard marshall ..d,patterson inconito remain ..guys who are overpaid cut them too.

I didn't see a complete revamp of the linebacking corps happening. The guys they got a good young players, but they also cut two 100+ tackle starters to make room for them.

Didn't see it coming either but I am loving it now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So we sign Wallace, Wheeler, and Ellerbe, release Dansby and Burnett, and still have a good amount of cap space left. Yeah, Ireland gets an A+ from me so far today!

Gotta wonder how these moves will sit with players - they really gutted the "heart" of the defense. Even though Dansby and Burnett are a tad overrated, there are still a lot of players who saw them as leaders.

Also, Cam Wake is a lock for defensive captain next year.

There are Civil War battles with less personnel turnover than we've had today. Jesus.

:lol:

For the better I'd say. I was worried that Ireland was going to **** up this offseason, but he seems to have a good grasp on the modern NFL. Moving our slower linebackers are putting in faster ones. Should make it easier to handle these quick strike offenses...

I didn't see a complete revamp of the linebacking corps happening. The guys they got a good young players, but they also cut two 100+ tackle starters to make room for them.

Agree but if we want all across the board upgrades at the skill positions we needed to pay for them and he is doing it beautifully. Younger and strong on tape players for cheaper and why long is not back at 11 mil. Love what's happening right now.

3qo3y7-1.jpg

I love that we made moves to improve a position that was on the verge of decline. Really shows foresight. It's a tough business that the dude gets cut after a pretty good year but it is what it is. All the best to Burnett though. He had a solid run with us.

Yep, so that negates the cap hit from the Wheeler signing. Basically, the only hit to cap was Wallace's $6-7M. Jeff's still got plenty of work to do.

Back
Top Bottom