Burnett released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett released

:lol:

For the better I'd say. I was worried that Ireland was going to **** up this offseason, but he seems to have a good grasp on the modern NFL. Moving our slower linebackers are putting in faster ones. Should make it easier to handle these quick strike offenses...

He mentioned last year that one of their biggest goals was to make us a faster team. I guess we all thought he was talking about the offense, but it looks like that philosophy is being brought into the defense as well. Hopefully we can find some good CBs either in FA or the draft.

Two the top pass rushing LB, IMO this tells me a pass rusher may not be what we pick I'm rnd1. It's looking more and more like a TE or CB with a chance of a wr

I would've been ok with Burnett starting and Misi as depth...but it doesn't upset me he's gone.

For the better I'd say. I was worried that Ireland was going to **** up this offseason, but he seems to have a good grasp on the modern NFL. Moving our slower linebackers are putting in faster ones. Should make it easier to handle these quick strike offenses...

Some for the better, not all. Ellerbe and Wheeler attack the passer but aren't as good in coverage (few are as good as the pair of Dansby and Burnett). Ellerbe has injury issues as well. Don't care for the Wallace signing. Have stated my distaste for the Hartline resigning before. They pursued Cook but I wouldn't have. What I'd like to see now, actually, is if you can get a reasonable deal for Long and sign him and Eric Winston, release Incog and move Martin to guard.

But of course that's even more blood on the floor.

So much for the conservative Jeff Ireland. I just hope these guys develop chemistry quickly. Avg salaries for the new LB's are a mark lower than the guys they are replacing too, though it's about a wash the first two years as we will take cap hits for both Dansby's and Burnett's signing bonuses. Can't wait to see what we do to revamp CB and OT. Draft wil play in heavily at one position play in there. One thing is obvious. We have had a plan the last couple of years setting all this up, and we have a plan going forward.

Omar Kelly is killing this deal on Twitter. Kelly is sucha twat, but I did like like Burnett he played well last yr

Some for the better, not all. Ellerbe and Wheeler attack the passer but aren't as good in coverage (few are as good as the pair of Dansby and Burnett). Ellerbe has injury issues as well. Don't care for the Wallace signing. Have stated my distaste for the Hartline resigning before. They pursued Cook but I wouldn't have. What I'd like to see now, actually, is if you can get a reasonable deal for Long and sign him and Eric Winston, release Incog and move Martin to guard.

But of course that's even more blood on the floor.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!?? This is mother****in Sparta!!!

(Mixing my ancient Greco-Roman movie lines for maximum effect.)

Between cutting Burnett and Karlos Dansby, the Dolphins cleared $7.2 million in cap space. Youth movement here we come.

Just glad that this year he found the replacements before letting go of the talent (i.e. Brandon Marshall).

So much for the conservative Jeff Ireland. I just hope these guys develop chemistry quickly. Avg salaries for the new LB's are a mark lower than the guys they are replacing too, though it's about a wash the first two years as we will take cap hits for both Dansby's and Burnett's signing bonuses. Can't wait to see what we do to revamp CB and OT. Draft wil play in heavily at one position play in there. One thing is obvious. We have had a plan the last couple of years setting all this up, and we have a plan going forward.

Wheeler and Burnett's salary are basically the same and with dead cap we didnt save anything

Back
Top Bottom