Burnett released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett released

I don't know who the oldest starter on the Dolphins is (Incog, perhaps), but whoever he is I bet he just pooped himself a little.

Denny...the long snapper

It's Wake ruh roh! :confused:

tumblr_ln0vhnIIwK1qdnwiro1_500-1.gif

Omar Kelly is killing this deal on Twitter. Kelly is sucha twat, but I did like like Burnett he played well last yr

Yep. I wonder what he means by "I completely see what's going on now...but if you're not inside the locker room you won't get it."

He mentioned last year that one of their biggest goals was to make us a faster team. I guess we all thought he was talking about the offense, but it looks like that philosophy is being brought into the defense as well. Hopefully we can find some good CBs either in FA or the draft.

Good stuff! Actually alot of talking heads talked about this all last year regarding out inability to create turnovers.

I like what we are doing with the LB corps, I think it's a good long term move and it tells me this team is looking for more sacks, more turnovers, and more hits on Tom Brady. I'm down with that.

So its 7mil a yr. They overpaid by about a mil but I did consider him the top st on the market.

Some for the better, not all. Ellerbe and Wheeler attack the passer but aren't as good in coverage (few are as good as the pair of Dansby and Burnett). Ellerbe has injury issues as well. Don't care for the Wallace signing. Have stated my distaste for the Hartline resigning before. They pursued Cook but I wouldn't have. What I'd like to see now, actually, is if you can get a reasonable deal for Long and sign him and Eric Winston, release Incog and move Martin to guard.

But of course that's even more blood on the floor.

Dude, wheeler and Ellerbe excel in coverage....reason 1 of many we made switch

I like what we are doing with the LB corps, I think it's a good long term move and it tells me this team is looking for more sacks, more turnovers, and more hits on Tom Brady. I'm down with that.

And they are eating the dead money now, while there is room to burn. Actually impressed with the foresight on this one...

Amendola or Jennings would be such a good fit in cle. They have Gordon n little in the outside a good posession rec whose a vet would be a nice fit there

Gotta wonder how these moves will sit with players - they really gutted the "heart" of the defense. Even though Dansby and Burnett are a tad overrated, there are still a lot of players who saw them as leaders.

Also, Cam Wake is a lock for defensive captain next year.

Produce or else.

And they are eating the dead money now, while there is room to burn. Actually impressed with the foresight on this one...

Yes. There was no way we were going to let Dansby and Burnett finish out those contracts. I understand reasons not to like these two moves, but I think this is one of the rare cases where Ireland decided to make solid, proactive moves.

The problem now is that we still have gaping holes at TE, CB and T.

Ellerbe has great lateral movement and attacker while still making the tackle and not missing it like Channing Crowder would do.

Dude is gonna ball. Just blown away with this signing. No one in media land saw this coming. total shocker.

Back
Top Bottom