Burress a Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burress a Dolphin?

lazlo73

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I just saw on NFL Total Access that Plaxico wants to go to a team with a dominant RB and TE. Miami and San Diego were named specifically. So why the hell are we included in this discussion. Obviously we have McMike, but who's the rb?? Sorry I can't remember who exactly said this, he's an idiot anyway. The only reason this is a rumor is Saban recruited Burress to Michigan State

He will be expensive. I see him ending up with the Ravens who have a lot of money to spend and are desperate to upgrade there WR core

It seems unlikely as our cap space could be better used signing FAs at other need positions. The Ravens look like a more likely candidate..

It was Adam Sheffield (sp) from Total Access that said Burress has a top three lists of desireables for a new team/destination: Warm weather, big time TE, big time RB. Sheffield mentioned two other places (SD as one of them) and lastly Miami, since it's warm of course, Randy McMichael (you know the guy that drops every single pass, insert sarcasm here) and the potential to have a big time RB in the draft or through another FA aquisition. They did bring up his past with Saban and also having a house in Miami or the Miami area. I'm not sure if he or his agent specifically named the three locations as exact places he'd like to go, or if it was just mentioned as three top things he would like in a team which led to the speculation of those three cities as potential homes. IMO, I don't see it happening since there would be two big time WR in the draft as in Williams and Edwards, and as others have discussed, I don't see that happening either.

IF the Fins make a big splash in FA, it will be for a LT, RB, DL, S, or LB. It won't be for a WR that wants to be overpaid.

I actually don't think that the Fins will sign any of the popular names out there in FA (Edge, Alexander, J. Jones, Henry, etc). I see him going after second tier guys that can play in roles on the team. He could be going after a LT, like Ryan Diem or someone of that stature. But I'd rather see "Saban's guys" picked up in FA that are solid, perhaps not spectacular performers that actually contribute to the team next year.

hey you with the Carlos Delgado signature, hes a great pickup for the Marlins....
but the guy is a punk, please don't flash his picture around. He refuses to stand for the national anthem before games. Booo him. BOOOOOOO!!!!!!

!PapaCrunk81! said:
It was Adam Sheffield (sp) from Total Access that said Burress has a top three lists of desireables for a new team/destination: Warm weather, big time TE, big time RB. Sheffield mentioned two other places (SD as one of them) and lastly Miami, since it's warm of course, Randy McMichael (you know the guy that drops every single pass, insert sarcasm here) and the potential to have a big time RB in the draft or through another FA aquisition. They did bring up his past with Saban and also having a house in Miami or the Miami area. I'm not sure if he or his agent specifically named the three locations as exact places he'd like to go, or if it was just mentioned as three top things he would like in a team which led to the speculation of those three cities as potential homes. IMO, I don't see it happening since there would be two big time WR in the draft as in Williams and Edwards, and as others have discussed, I don't see that happening either.
McMike only ever drops the ball cos the ball isnt been thrown with any accuracy or pace! we need a QB! trade for brees

fear-the-d said:
McMike only ever drops the ball cos the ball isnt been thrown with any accuracy or pace! we need a QB! trade for brees
Brees is going to cost 2 1st rounders! thats what you have to pay for a franchised player, It is not going to happen.

Brees is going to cost 2 1st rounders! thats what you have to pay for a franchised player, It is not going to happen
r well i can always dream!!!
i would only take burress if he costs $5! then we can trade him for draft picks! again i can all ways dream! we have enough decent WRs if we cut tompson and not Boston!

eddie4fins said:
Brees is going to cost 2 1st rounders! thats what you have to pay for a franchised player, It is not going to happen.
isnt it 2 first rounders because he is a restricted free agent? if no-one gives them that the he is open for trading

With Chambers, Boston and Booker already on the roster the last thing we should do is waste cap space on a high priced wideout!

fear-the-d said:
isnt it 2 first rounders because he is a restricted free agent? if no-one gives them that the he is open for trading
no he was franchised and given permission to negotiate with other teams. and since he was tagged it would cost 2 first rounders.

godfater21 said:
no he was franchised and given permission to negotiate with other teams. and since he was tagged it would cost 2 first rounders.
unless SD wanted to do a sign and trade deal with with him.

Back
Top Bottom