Burress a Dolphin? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burress a Dolphin?

TheFlashWade said:
why do we need another freakin wr?

In case you haven't noticed, Miami isn't exactly brimming with wide receiver talent. Chris Chambers is the only one that will definitely be in Miami. Marty Booker could possibly be traded for a pick. David Boston is unreliable. After them, there are nothing but journeymen on this team.

Burress will be wanting too much money and i dont think that there is any team that will be giving him the money he wants.

gilmore might get his time to shine this year! we could also have wes receiving some this year

delgado dosent stand up for the national anthem get im out of this contry then f**k him

anthonyd34 said:
delgado dosent stand up for the national anthem get im out of this contry then f**k him

:confused:

Shifty187 said:
With Chambers, Boston and Booker already on the roster the last thing we should do is waste cap space on a high priced wideout!

It has been said that Booker may be asked to restructure, or might be traded. His cap hit is at close to 3 million. You could trade Booker, sign Burress, and be in the same Cap structure. Booker is a solid 3 million for the life of his contract against the cap each year. I would rather have Burress.

Adam Schefter said Burress wants a Warm place to go, where they have a Runningback and TE. He said the dolphins have Randy, and will most likely take a Runningback in the first round. He was recruited by Saban at Michigan State, played under him for two years, and would like to play for him again. It probably won't happen, but it would be nice if it did.

Phinsdude said:
It has been said that Booker may be asked to restructure, or might be traded. His cap hit is at close to 3 million. You could trade Booker, sign Burress, and be in the same Cap structure. Booker is a solid 3 million for the life of his contract against the cap each year. I would rather have Burress.

Adam Schefter said Burress wants a Warm place to go, where they have a Runningback and TE. He said the dolphins have Randy, and will most likely take a Runningback in the first round. He was recruited by Saban at Michigan State, played under him for two years, and would like to play for him again. It probably won't happen, but it would be nice if it did.
My point is that we shouldnt be wasting cap space on another wideout when damn near our entire OL needs retooling! The Phins could trade for Moss and Feeley would still lead the league in INT because our OL doesnt give him any time in the pocket!

We need a LT like Pace or Jennings alot more than we need another #2 wideout like Burress!

I would like to have Plaxico Burress which gives me a idea why couldn't we trade Thompson and boston for a lt or a rb then we would have plaxico who would scare deffense's . then we could kick butt with Chambers, Plaxico, Gillmore, and Booker and this would be a good wr corp. Nevertheless i am more concerned about our qb and rb than the other positions . I know , I know , what a horrible idea. i was just thinking of tweeking the offense some.
:cooldude:

anthonyd34 said:

Big f'in deal kid
I'm from Toronto, and Delgado isn't a punk.
He was probably the classiest sports figure we had in this city for a long time.
He doesn't wanna stand for your anthem...who cares.

ghost of marino said:
Big f'in deal kid
I'm from Toronto, and Delgado isn't a punk.
He was probably the classiest sports figure we had in this city for a long time.
He doesn't wanna stand for your anthem...who cares.
I think he doesnt stand because he doesnt agree with our goverment or something.. anyways, america is not his homeland, so why does it even matter..

back to football :tongue:

i say get what we can for booker free up some money and go after burress..if the price is right, but i don't see him coming here

lazlo73 said:
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I just saw on NFL Total Access that Plaxico wants to go to a team with a dominant RB and TE. Miami and San Diego were named specifically. So why the hell are we included in this discussion. Obviously we have McMike, but who's the rb?? Sorry I can't remember who exactly said this, he's an idiot anyway. The only reason this is a rumor is Saban recruited Burress to Michigan State
I doubt he'll be a target...cause hes not better than boston or booker or chambers so at best he'd be 4th on the roster...He'll go to the ravens or to the panthers or redskins

Alexander

Someone said the other day mike clayton said miami is a likely scenario for shaun next year, do you guys see saban dropping the cash on him, if he would do we have the means to acquire him? i feel the money may be better spent in other places, but would love to get him..let hear it

Back
Top Bottom