Bush runs Wildcat in Saint's practices.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush runs Wildcat in Saint's practices..

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This could be scary, since bush can simulate the speed of our backs when running this.. He even had some long runs out of it during their practice.
I hope they didn't clean up too much and we can still get some long runs out of it.. The one thing bush can't do is simulate the power in which ronnie and ricky runs with..

Reggie Bush enjoyed running a simulation of the Miami Dolphins' Wildcat offense in practice this week -- and said he even broke out a few long runs with it.

Saints use RB Bush to simulate Dolphins' Wildcat offense in practice

LOL!!!

That pretty much gaurantees our WC is going to run wild.

I remember when Thomas Jones ran it on MNF and Crowder stuffed it. Gruden says, "when are teams ever going to learn that you shouldn't run the WC on the team that practices against it every day?"

Reggie Bush can't run between the tackles like Ronnie can that's for sure. I never thought Reggie would be all that great as an every down NFL running back. He's not a good simulation there. Maybe simulating Ted Ginn running a reverse or Ricky running the edge.

I think its BS.. Noone runs the wildcat as good as us and that is because of our power running attack.. Saints only have 1 type of power runner in thomas and IMO thats not enough for them to be able to execute it well enough to make an impact. Besides, we would shut it down as soon as they tried running it on us.

He broke some long runs because he doesn't run backwards and in circles when he knows he isn't going to get hit.

He broke some long runs because he doesn't run backwards and in circles when he knows he isn't going to get hit.

I dont get it...

On another note.. WOW, just got redirected.. Thats something new. :callme:

Saints only have 1 type of power runner in thomas and IMO thats not enough for them to be able to execute it well enough to make an impact.

You were referring the Wildcat here. The Saints rush the ball effectively out of traditional sets.

Thomas runs with power, and he has speed. He averages 71 yds/game and 5.8/carry.

Mike Bell is our power back. He is averaging 87 yds/game and 4.4/carry.

The combo of Brown and Williams will test the Saints also I'm sure.

(I understand your crack about Bush out of the running back set, but NEVER discount him in the flats)

You were referring the Wildcat here. The Saints rush the ball effectively out of traditional sets.

Thomas runs with power, and he has speed. He averages 71 yds/game and 5.8/carry.

Mike Bell is our power back. He is averaging 87 yds/game and 4.4/carry.

The combo of Brown and Williams will test the Saints also I'm sure.

I forgot about him... And I have him on him fantasy league too... although he's riding the pine this week.. No offense :D

Oh, and yes, I was referring to the wildcat. I dont think the saints, or any team in the nfl would ever be able to effectively run it against us..

Yeah Bush is a shifty back....R&R are simply raw power and both have good (ricky better) field vision and dont need much room to operate.....i dont watch reggie much but from his college days he seems to need alot of space to do his things not the best anatomical copy to our style but the saints are trying cant fault them for that.

another thing...... the saints do have a good line but ours is the best in the category of run blocking and we have two of the best pulling guards in the league...when Thomas gets his hands on you GAME OVER.... and you are not a TE on this team unless you can suck it up and block DE's that outweigh you by 20 lbs so it really really hard to prep for it even when you have a gifted back like reggie...we run it with ruthless efficiency and it will show on sunday

boy, that would be embarassing as all hell if somehow they are able to stop our wildcat and beat us at our own game. lol

Reggie Bush can't run between the tackles like Ronnie can that's for sure. I never thought Reggie would be all that great as an every down NFL running back. He's not a good simulation there. Maybe simulating Ted Ginn running a reverse or Ricky running the edge.

Your under rating this kid, hes our closer, hes better than ricky , we know ricky was our RB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Ubvj4Uf3U

Maybe simulating Ted Ginn running a reverse or Ricky running the edge.

Ricky is the WC - not Ronnie. Unless the person writing the article is also confused on this point, Bush would be simulating Ricky's position in the offense.

Back
Top Bottom