Bush runs Wildcat in Saint's practices.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush runs Wildcat in Saint's practices..

you right, but he has the potential, i just dont see that happening

I dont think he does, or anywhere close.. Sanders tore it up and had 1,000 yards rushing every single year, bush is in his 4th year and has never had anywhere close to 1,000 yards unless you combine his yards fgrom scrimmage. I think even Saints fans will agree Bush is nowhere near what Sanders was for either reality or potential (because we all know the word potential means nothing)

Bush is Not Special as a Running Back

I know.

I have watched nearly every play where Bush has touched the ball. He is special type of player, but not a running back. I term him "situational" in his role. He plays ok at RB, better in the slot as a receiver, and he is pretty good as a punt returner. He does have "that" that is looked for in players.

Bush will NEVER live up to the hype that accompanied him out of college. He is VERY fast, but so are many DB's/LB's in the NFL. And that has had a neutralizing effect on Bush at times. Bush is a great addition to the Saints because he creates mismatches and demands accountability when on the field. He is also used frequently as a decoy, or on an end around reverse.

Offer me Ricky Williams or Bush 3 years ago, and it would Williams all the way. Today, it would be a tougher call because Bush still has many years in-front of him and he has some effectiveness.

One thing for sure...Bush's contract is coming up and he is going to take a hit.

Reggie Bush has less yards in his NFL career than Ricky had in a single season (2002). And seriously....comparing someone who isn't even a true running back to arguably the best, purest rusher of all time (Sanders) is a complete joke. You should be embarrassed.

running style, Im comparing running style. And if you didnt watch this kid footage in collage and the NFL his 1st year. Actually what do I care I say the dolphins discount this kid hes a bust

bush does not have, or did he ever have potential to be as good as, or close to barry sanders or walter payton

Oh, well you were a RB "DRAFTED" into college.....so you must know.....I ran track for U of Alabama, and I think Jake long would make a great distance runner, probably the best ever, I ran track for Alabama, I would know.

running style, Im comparing running style. And if you didnt watch this kid footage in collage and the NFL his 1st year. Actually what do I care I say the dolphins discount this kid hes a bust

When did anyone say he was a bust? You are comparing a player who isn't a true running back to one of the greatest TRUE running backs of all time. Bush does not have the physique to be a running back in the NFL and his running style is nothing like Sanders'.

Oh, well you were a RB "DRAFTED" into college.....so you must know.....I ran track for U of Alabama, and I think Jake long would make a great distance runner, probably the best ever, I ran track for Alabama, I would know.

I played baseball in college and with henne's arm...i say nolan ryan....i mean just look at his arm strength and the zip on the ball easy nolan ryan skill set.

LOL :lol2:

bush does not have, or did he ever have potential to be as good as, or close to barry sanders or walter payton

ya he does, ive seen it before, sanders-payton just had something more. He has the ability to do it, he just doesnt have the something else, like ricky didnt when we drafted him, and he lost it, and never has or ever will be a great one.

To thow that dont know RB is the hardest position in the game every play is a sack, average life 3 years in the NFL.

When did anyone say he was a bust? You are comparing a player who isn't a true running back to one of the greatest TRUE running backs of all time. Bush does not have the physique to be a running back in the NFL and his running style is nothing like Sanders'.

ya hes does and ya it is, dont take my work for it watch his film

Bush is not as good as Ricky as a football player and I don't even think you can compare the two as running backs because they hardly play the same position. Bush was given way too much hype out of college just because he was never going to be an every down running back or even a traditional running back. As people have said, what Bush brings to the field is mismatches. If he is lined up in the slot against a safety or linebacker you have a TD waiting to happen because he is a pretty good receiver. The thing I have noticed with Bush is that he is boom or bust. It seems like he tries too hard to make the big play every down instead of being patient. There's no denying the guy is talented, though. If he gets some space he is a threat to take it to the house. And remember, the kid had 1300 yards from scrimmage as a rookie. Not too bad. Injuries have hurt him since then and he has never been able to step up. But you can't judge his effectiveness off running between the tackles and yards per carry. That's just not the kind of player he is.

Pherein....admit you are wrong brother. You comparision even startles me, and I am a Saints fan. Your crediblity took a major dump with these comments.

Bush produces 3 positive plays and 1 negative play. He will never be a great running back.

And for the record, Payton sits Bush late in the game and uses Thomas and Bell to run the clock out.

Reggie Bush will NEVER be in the same class of NFL backs as Ricky Williams has been.

I cant think of one record ricky has broken or ever will break, love the kid, we had him for years, nice kid.

Back
Top Bottom