Bush shows why we need Ginn at Returner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush shows why we need Ginn at Returner

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx

Active Roster
Reaction score
On monday night i know alot of you guys saw how reggie bush changed the game with his 2 punt td's and almost a 3rd and im just thinking to myself were giving other teams a break by keeping ginn on the sidelines and bess on the returns. Thats the only negative that this coaching staff is doing because hes a top player at that position.

Amen! I don't get why he isn't being used as punt returner. It can't be because he is so tired from the game.

Got to agree with the money he's being paid they really need him out there returning kicks. He seems to be playing with more confidence and the one thing that can make this team better is a game changing return man and Bess is back there instead. Not a knock on Bess but he doesn't make Ginn type money. He took one to the house in pre-season and it just picked this team up after that. If taking hits and not runing good routes is removing him from special teams to focus on routes than it might be good to keep him out there in the return game to build up confidence because he would get more game action under his belt. He really needs to be out there.

I still think Bess as a kick returner is OK. I think Ginn though should be the punt returner. He seems to be coming on more as a receiver, but it would still be nice seeing him return kicks.

Bess and Ginn for KR's and Ginn running back punts. I think we all see this but don't know why it hasn't happened on the field.

I'd like to see Ginn on punt returns. Bush and ginn are two different breeds. Bush is fast with good lateral movement and can make people miss. Ginn is just fast but can't make anyone miss. He seems scared to run up to the ball and just lets it drop. But i'd rather see him on there than bess atleast on punts.

I still believe Ginn is in the doghouse when it comes to punt returns.

He has been pretty damn tentative back there a few times this season. Happened in the Jets game and happened again on Sunday.

I agree with you guys in this subject. We have been lacking badly in special teams. Watching Devone Bess skill's makes me think that he should be more involved in the offense. I don't think he is a great returner and this might hurt our special teams.

We could see Ginn as a returner soon because of Bess' fumble in a critical situation on sunday. Think about it, if it werent for our defense dominating on the goaline, that would have tied the game. Ginn is more explosive and has shown he can take it to the house. I dont understand why he isnt back there.

Right now I would rather have Bess or whoever do them. Until Ginn learns not to let kicks or punts hit ground. Yeah he is fast I will give him that. But that is all he has at this point he isn't all that elusive goes down easy. I can live with the fact that he goes down easy. But to let kicks that you have a chance to return hit the ground is inexcuseable.

Bush knows how to do kick returns/punt returns what have you. And he also knows how to run them back as he shown us last night. I haven't seen this from Ginn too much he plays too timid. I mean what does he want more room to make a return. He may have gotten that in college but in NFL people are faster and get down field quicker.

So until he learns to actually field the kicks. I would rather go with the guy that will move the ball up the feild.

Right now I would rather have Bess or whoever do them. Until Ginn learns not to let kicks or punts hit ground. Yeah he is fast I will give him that. But that is all he has at this point he isn't all that elusive goes down easy. I can live with the fact that he goes down easy. But to let kicks that you have a chance to return hit the ground is inexcuseable.

Bush knows how to do kick returns/punt returns what have you. And he also knows how to run them back as he shown us last night. I haven't seen this from Ginn too much he plays too timid. I mean what does he want more room to make a return. He may have gotten that in college but in NFL people are faster and get down field quicker.

So until he learns to actually field the kicks. I would rather go with the guy that will move the ball up the feild.

Actually I"ve seen Ginn take a few back before. He wont get better at them by sitting on the sidelines during kickoffs/punts. Players usually get better by experience.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it. He has to get under it back there at all cost. If he doesn't field the punt and lets it get behind him it gives up valuable field position. I would love to have him out there but if he doesn't field the football it is pointless.

Not a knock on Ginn but he has lost his confidence as a punt returner. Could be because of Bess but it might go a little deeper.

That is why he is in the proverbial doghouse

Actually I"ve seen Ginn take a few back before. He wont get better at them by sitting on the sidelines during kickoffs/punts. Players usually get better by experience.

Yeah well that was last year . And he did the same things last year and looks like he is regressing somewhat in kicking game. You only get so many chances in the NFL. If you are not cutting it at a position the coaches will find someone who will do what they want. And right now Ginn is not getting it done. And by the way the coaches did put him in the kicking game last weekend. It didn't go very well.

Yeah well that was last year . And he did the same things last year and looks like he is regressing somewhat in kicking game. You only get so many chances in the NFL. If you are not cutting it at a position the coaches will find someone who will do what they want. And right now Ginn is not getting it done. And by the way the coaches did put him in the kicking game last weekend. It didn't go very well.
Well they should see what he did "last year" and work him hard in practice and fix his mistakes because he can be a beast back there. He had like 3 total if not for penalties. He did take one very impressive punt return back in the pre season so im not seeing why they dont try him more often.

Back
Top Bottom