Bush shows why we need Ginn at Returner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush shows why we need Ginn at Returner

Well they should see what he did "last year" and work him hard in practice and fix his mistakes because he can be a beast back there. He had like 3 total if not for penalties. He did take one very impressive punt return back in the pre season so im not seeing why they dont try him more often.

That is probably what they are doing by limiting his touches . And as we all know preseason don't mean squat. Except for some scrub wanting to make a team or a name for himself.

And penalties often mean someone was holding. If not for a hold he may not have taken them back. I am not taking anythiong away from what he did last year. As it was last year. But to remind you he did alot of the same things . What I saw last year was way too much dancing and running east west. And not enough north/south. I will admit i don't see him run east west as much. But he still lets ball drop and dances too much.

At least with Brown/Bess or whoever else has been back there. Positive yardage was gained.

That is probably what they are doing by limiting his touches . And as we all know preseason don't mean squat. Except for some scrub wanting to make a team or a name for himself.

And penalties often mean someone was holding. If not for a hold he may not have taken them back. I am not taking anythiong away from what he did last year. As it was last year. But to remind you he did alot of the same things . What I saw last year was way too much dancing and running east west. And not enough north/south. I will admit i don't see him run east west as much. But he still lets ball drop and dances too much.

At least with Brown/Bess or whoever else has been back there. Positive yardage was gained.

Yeah but this preseason it was against the starting special teams. At least we saw good run back ability this pre season out of him rather than nothing. I'd rather have Ginn back there than Bess because Bess scares me a little bit because of that fumble last week. I dont think Ginn has fumbled on a punt/kickoff before but I'm not sure.

I can almost garauntee that he will be returning kicks next week, in some capacity. I think they have been confident with bess while Ginn gets familiar with his responsibilities and now they will start to use more of his abilities. i also believe they are hitting that hard this week in practice. but what do I know?

it doesn't take a genius to figure out that ginn can take it to the house. he's proven that. so there must be a good reason. I trust these coaches.

Yeah but this preseason it was against the starting special teams. At least we saw good run back ability this pre season out of him rather than nothing. I'd rather have Ginn back there than Bess because Bess scares me a little bit because of that fumble last week. I dont think Ginn has fumbled on a punt/kickoff before but I'm not sure.

Fumbles are part of the game you see them alot on kickoff/punt returns. And Ginn doesn't look like a guy who likes alot of contact.

Fumbles are part of the game you see them alot on kickoff/punt returns. And Ginn doesn't look like a guy who likes alot of contact.

what does liking a lot of contact have to do with returning kicks for touchdowns anyway

what does liking a lot of contact have to do with returning kicks for touchdowns anyway

Well when you have people flying all around you . You see many more injuries on special teams. Because people are moving so fast. Thats what the contact comment was about. We all have seen Ginn step out of bounds in key game situations to avoid contact. This could be a reason he is letting ball drop.

I disagree, ginn lets the ball drop numerous times and doesn't have the quick feet to make the first guy miss. Now I definitely think he should return kicks where he has 10-15 yards where he can accelerate to full speed.

i agree he should return kicks not punts. and i think bess is probably more concistent. but he should get at least an opurtunity here and there to return a kick because if there's a seem he will hit it and score everytime

Well after last week I'm sure EVERYONE wants Ginn back there.
But I say give Bess a few more games before we scream for Ginn.

There's a big difference between Reggie Bush and Ted Ginn. Bush has side to side quickness and shake and bake to go along with his speed. Ginn has straight line speed and that's about it. Ginn has no side to side quickness

Right now I would rather have Bess or whoever do them. Until Ginn learns not to let kicks or punts hit ground. Yeah he is fast I will give him that. But that is all he has at this point he isn't all that elusive goes down easy. I can live with the fact that he goes down easy. But to let kicks that you have a chance to return hit the ground is inexcuseable.

Bush knows how to do kick returns/punt returns what have you. And he also knows how to run them back as he shown us last night. I haven't seen this from Ginn too much he plays too timid. I mean what does he want more room to make a return. He may have gotten that in college but in NFL people are faster and get down field quicker.

So until he learns to actually field the kicks. I would rather go with the guy that will move the ball up the feild.

The kick that Ginn "let hit the ground" was a freakin monster punt (btw impressed with SD punter) that if you watched the game or listened to it took a massive left turn in mid air. The announcers were joking on the curve ball that the punter just kicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kick that Ginn "let hit the ground" was a freakin monster punt (btw impressed with SD punter) that if you watched the game or listened to it took a massive left turn in mid air. The announcers were joking on the curve ball that the punter just kicked.

I know...maybe we should just put him in against bad punters....OH YEAH...I FORGET THIS IS THE PROS...THEY ALL TEND TO KICK PRETTY GOOD!!!!

To be fair the Vikings were pretty stupid to continue kicking to Bush after the first one.

To be fair the Vikings were pretty stupid to continue kicking to Bush after the first one.

Well, their coach isn't the brightest bulb...my brother-in-law is a big Vikings fan and he can not stand the guy...he is hoping he gets fired. He figures with the talent the team has, there is no reason they shouldn't be one of the elite teams in the NFC this year...and obviously they are not at this point...

Back
Top Bottom