Bush to be featured back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush to be featured back

dolphindan1970

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
They just said on the NFL network that Miami has assured Bush and said he is going to be the featured back. I have always liked Reggie, I just wonder with his injuries in the past,can he hold up to the pounding of being a featured back carrying the ball 20 plus times a game ? Interested in hering you all's thought ?

He can't carry carry the ball 20+ times a game. He can't even do that for half the season. We still need another RB.

he will be "a featured back", not "the" featured back. that was what was reported this morning

Featured back = not happening. Another empty promise coming from the Fins FO. Bush will be a 3rd down/receiving RB out of the backfield. I see him gettin about 10 touches a game.

Bush is a playmaker. But 20+ carries a game is ridiculous. My guess is that "featured back" means he will initially be the starter. He will probably split reps with Thomas 60/40 or something. 60% reps for Bush and 40% reps for Thomas. But eventually, you have to be hoping that Thomas shines and becomes the starter. I don't know though. Maybe Bush has a rebirth in his career and shines bright for a couple of seasons???

He should be featured alright...on third down.

Hes not going to be toting the rock 20 times a game. Featured back as in he will get enough touches from running the ball/receiving to keep him happy and hopefully make an impact is what Im thinking. Thomas is going to be getting more carries if I had to guess.

Bush to be feaured back

he will be "a featured back", not "the" featured back. that was what was reported this morning

That sounds more logical, this guy will never be able to carry the load

If so, we better bring Warren Moon out of the retirement to run the Houston "run and shoot" offense. Bush is nothing more than the frosting on the cake and sure in the hell couldn't be asked to pound the rock. He won't last 3 games carrying the ball 20+ times between the tackles.

He will be a featured member of the offense, but he isn't getting more than 15 carries a game. Daniel Thomas is also going to get a lot of touches.

Oh my. This should be fun to watch. Fail forward fast, baby. Suck for Luck is in full effect. Not that I want it to be. But what happens will happen.

HAHAHAH these regime is garbage. idk why ross even bothered keeping either of them if he is going to fire them by week 8. i wonder if ross ok'd this just to get some ticket sales. this is laughable. they dont even attempt to retain ricky or ronnie they are going with a rookie as a back up and reggie friggen bush as our "bruiser workhorse" we lost out on the QB musical chairs game, and we pretty much havnt made any other noise at all. i was 100 percent on tony and jeffs side at first - now i think they need to go - yesterday.

i also think that since jeff was right there with ross during the whole pr nightmare with harbaugh that he has no problem selling tony out this year, and is confident he'll have a job next year. i say jeff is not spending any money, or any picks b/c sticking with henne and getting no RB or Guard makes us a 6-10 to a 8-8- team and then Tony gets canned - henne gets canned or demoted and we draft a better qb and get a decent coach. maybe most of you suck for luck guys will love this scenario - but i'd rather watch the lockout - i think the phins are going to be crap this season its gonna be worse than the last 2 years - and this locker room is going to implode making us even more of a mess for the next regime.

All those games we were behind and had to abandon the run it was hard to get Ronnie/Ricky 15 carries a game. Some he'll be lucky for 5-10 imo.

They just said on the NFL network that Miami has assured Bush and said he is going to be the featured back. I have always liked Reggie, I just wonder with his injuries in the past,can he hold up to the pounding of being a featured back carrying the ball 20 plus times a game ? Interested in hering you all's thought ?

Yep, I heard that on NFL Network too ...

Didn't believe my ears.

Back
Top Bottom