Bush to be featured back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush to be featured back

you knew we were getting reggie bush when ck came out early against it.....

trojanland still loves reggie, i heard it all day long.

bush is cool

False. Pretty sure you said you would be upset with drafting Ryan because his talent level wasn't near Dorsey and the Longs. That Parcells and co would just be drafting a quarterback to draft a quarterback. Its the downside to having such a big following CK, we remember what you write.

Evidently not too well because I've been misquoted I think about three times just in this thread alone.

Like an earlier poster said....we abandon the run big time as soon as we get behind. Being a featured back in Miami means getting the rock 10 -14 times a game.

Here's the flip side of the coin on Armando's conflicting report.

Let's say he is only going to get 10 or 12 touches per game, including catches. I think you can expect 4 catches a game which means 6 to 8 carries. Last year, Ricky and Ronnie combined for about 360 carries. Keep in mind, folks didn't think they ran enough even with those carries. I mean we called 62% pass plays to 38% run plays. That's not an ideal percentage for a Tony Sparano team. But let's pretend it is. It means that Daniel Thomas is being counted on for between 230 and 260 carries in 2010. And that's provided we don't call things any different. If we call things more evenly, say about 58% pass plays, then we're talking more like 260 to 290 carries for Daniel Thomas.

I think that's counting WAY too much on a ROOKIE the NFL was happy to let slip into the 3rd round before the Dolphins traded up and took him at #62 overall.

Reggie Bush is what he is. This ain't the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders. Mashall Faulk can say whatever. Reggie had every chance in the world to be the feature back. They drafted him to be a great rb. He is too small and that is what it is. 29 td's and 19 fumbles. He's fun to watch because of the anticipation of what COULD happen, but those moments were few and far between. This says it all-http://www.wwltv.com/sports/Henderson-Saints-should-let-Bush-go-121069604.html

Let's say he is only going to get 10 or 12 touches per game, including catches. I think you can expect 4 catches a game which means 6 to 8 carries. Last year, Ricky and Ronnie combined for about 360 carries. Keep in mind, folks didn't think they ran enough even with those carries. I mean we called 62% pass plays to 38% run plays. That's not an ideal percentage for a Tony Sparano team. But let's pretend it is. It means that Daniel Thomas is being counted on for between 230 and 260 carries in 2010. And that's provided we don't call things any different. If we call things more evenly, say about 58% pass plays, then we're talking more like 260 to 290 carries for Daniel Thomas.

I think that's counting WAY too much on a ROOKIE the NFL was happy to let slip into the 3rd round before the Dolphins traded up and took him at #62 overall.

i agree its a lot on daniel thomas shoulders and with that running style i have reservations he'll stay healthy...but we could have just taken mark ingram from the jump and i'd be quite confident he could handle 200 plus carries as a rook...

another missed opportunity if you ask me

Taking a running back at #15 not my favorite thing in the world but I could have gotten behind it. It's something I could have gotten behind. I agree, missed opportunity.

I mean, legitimately we could have grabbed Mark Ingram at #15 overall, drafted Ryan Mallett at the pick we traded up to at #62 overall, still taken Edmond Gates, Charles Clay, et al, and then signed a David Baas in free agency to play Center for us if we felt it was such a huge need. Oh, and that's not all of course. You could have taken a Brandon Jackson or Darren Sproles on top of that in free agency, and STILL have grabbed someone like Kyle Orton if you're not convinced Mallett plays right away.

That's the funny part of all this. People think Ryan Mallett is all about who plays this year. Our current QB conundrum would have applied even after taking Mallett, only difference being we have something for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a running back at #15 not my favorite thing in the world but I could have gotten behind it. It's something I could have gotten behind. I agree, missed opportunity.

I mean, legitimately we could have grabbed Mark Ingram at #15 overall, drafted Ryan Mallett at the pick we traded up to at #62 overall, still taken Edmond Gates, Charles Clay, et al, and then signed a David Baas in free agency to play Center for us if we felt it was such a huge need. Oh, and that's not all of course. You could have taken a Brandon Jackson or Darren Sproles on top of that in free agency, and STILL have grabbed someone like Kyle Orton if you're not convinced Mallett plays right away.

That's the funny part of all this. People think Ryan Mallett is all about who plays this year. Our current QB conundrum would have applied even after taking Mallett, only difference being we have something for the future.

hmm...

Probably why we are rumored to be in contract negotiations with Ronnie. Ronnie, Thomas, and Bush would be a solid RB Core.

Back
Top Bottom