Bush to be featured back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush to be featured back

We all respect you man, but just like the 08 draft when you were 100% against the drafting of Jake Long and totally supporting Glenn Dorsey as our #1 pick instead...that was a huge whiff. I think this is #2.

I wasn't 100% against drafting Jake Long. That's inaccurate.

Nothing personal CK, but I clearly remember you saying you didnt think Jake was a LT. But hey, you cant win em all.

And as for this not being a very good team, well, if we correct OL and special teams and go one step closer on D with some more maturity, then the QB will have some opportunity to win games. We have a lot of talent on this team with a few holes to plug now. We just have to put it together.

I look forward to about 3.5 yards per carry, 6.0 yards per attempt in the passing game when throwing to Reggie (if not lower) and about 6.3 yards per punt return.

Awesome.

Nothing personal CK, but I clearly remember you saying you didnt think Jake was a LT. But hey, you cant win em all.

And as for this not being a very good team, well, if we correct OL and special teams and go one step closer on D with some more maturity, then the QB will have some opportunity to win games. We have a lot of talent on this team with a few holes to plug now. We just have to put it together.

You're confusing me with KB21. I didn't say that. I never said that. I specifically, and repeatedly, argued against this notion everyone had that Jake can't play LT but would be an All Pro RT.

Sorry, but you're incorrect.

If people must know what I thought about the 2008 Draft, I had an approved buy list that included Jake Long, Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey and Matt Ryan. I hated, absolutely HATED the idea of taking Vernon Gholston, as some wanted. I thought it would be silly to take Sedrick Ellis ahead of Glenn Dorsey. I argued fiercely against the logic that said that Jake Long can't play LT but he would be an All Pro RT. I expressed concerns about Jake Long's kick slide and wondered if he'd be worth the #1 overall but he remained on my buy list. As to whom I preferred overall, it was somewhere between Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey. But I re-emphasize that I'd have been cool with Matt Ryan or Jake Long as well. That's the truth. But some people will remember what they WANT to remember, rather than what actually happened.

So Marshall Faulk, Hall of Fame running back, Marshall Faulk just said on NFLN that he expects Reggie to get an opportunity to be the guy in the backfield. Faulk further stated that Reggie needed the opportunity to prove that he can carry the load, and he believes he will get that chance in Miami. Also didn't believe Miami would bring Reggie in merely as an accessory. I'm rolling with the Hall of Famer on this one.

The bottom line here is that I hope his 10 touches and kick off returns are worth 5 million a year. I don't think they are but he is a fin so I have to support him. Also a two year contract? What happens if he sets the world on fire and wants DeAngelo Williams money and holds out next year?

So how many td's is worth 5M a year for essentially a luxury player?

Well Marshall Faulk just said on NFL nework he thought Reggie could be a featured back and run between the tackles,said Reggie felt like he never really got the chance to do it and prove it full time their. Sapp though said he didnt think Reggie could,but they all agreed that was Miami's intention it seemed at this point,was to indeed use Reggie as the featured back. They did say FA wasnt over yet though,but to me,if you get the guy,tell him that,then I dont think they are going after another RB after this. Just my oppinion on that is all though.

Reggie Bush is going to be our Feature RB guys. Not saying i agree or disagree but thats Fact. Will he still be used to exploit the mismatches he creates out the back field and split wide? of course but he will be our starting and feature back.

Look at the roster behind him. This F.O. is not resting there lively hood on Sheets Hilliard or Grigsby to be the "guy". Nor are they gonna rest that with a rookie who they have yet to see except on ksu tape. (thomas) Maybe it would be diff if they were able to have seen him in OTAs and rookie minicamps and they were blown aay by thomas but fact is he is a complete unknown at this point and they know its win or go home for the regime.

They have talked about chunk yards from the run game and passing game for a while and a commitment to fulfilling that need. This is there attempt to do so. Whether or not it proves to be the right move is up for debate, but if they have chosen Bush to be that guy isn't. . Because they HAVE.

So Marshall Faulk, Hall of Fame running back, Marshall Faulk just said on NFLN that he expects Reggie to get an opportunity to be the guy in the backfield. Faulk further stated that Reggie needed the opportunity to prove that he can carry the load, and he believes he will get that chance in Miami. Also didn't believe Miami would bring Reggie in merely as an accessory. I'm rolling with the Hall of Famer on this one.

Marshall, unfortunately, says a lot of things about personnel that end up totally and completely off base.

Marshall, unfortunately, says a lot of things about personnel that end up totally and completely off base.

I hear ya, time will tell, but I'm pulling for him to get the opportunity to be the lead back and succeed.

Being a featured back does not mean that he will be pounding the rock 20+ times a game. He will get his 10-15 touches and will be in on a lot of passing downs. You don't have to be a workhorse to be featured....

Being a featured back does not mean that he will be pounding the rock 20+ times a game. He will get his 10-15 touches and will be in on a lot of passing downs. You don't have to be a workhorse to be featured....

exactly. I think he will see the majority of the split something like 70/30. Will he have any 20+ rushing attempt games? I think so. but he will average out at round 15ish with a few receptions

This move makes no sense to me... If we wanted to add speed we did it the wrong way. Our feature back should not be a guy who hasn't played a full season in 3 years. If we were a more complete team, looking for an explosive outlet then sure this is great. However, we are a team now with no clear direction. I'll be interested to see our offense is all I can say!

Back
Top Bottom