Bush to be featured back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush to be featured back

But he will sell tickets for the franchise though. I mean maybe Bush will make guest appearances in the night club at the stadium. That will be cool for the "fans" I guess...

Getting bush was the right move as this team DESPERATELY needed speed and agility but he won't be a workhouse

"Touches" doesn't necessarily equal "carries". I wouldn't be surprised if Daboll had Reggie line up as a wideout on occasion or set up some screen passes. He'll still get his share of carries, but I don't think that will make up the bulk of the touches he gets.

Not trying to disagree with anyone here,but the reporter said the Dolphins told him "He would be THE FEATURED BACK !" Again now,not trying to argue,just stating the point that what they reported was exactly that,and it came as a surprise to myself,as I couldnt see him holding up to that much pounding either. I love Bush,and think he wil be a great addition,just dont think he can be the featured back though,thats why I posted this to start with,it shocked me so much.

I doubt he's going to be the "featured" back for us. If so than we better sign another WR or two and open turn this into a spread offense lol. I agree that we need to sign one more RB since rookie runningbacks aren't usually durable enough the first year to carry the load and reggie has an injury history. But it's got to be someone cheap who wouldn't distrupt our offense when Thomas/Bush are healthy.

Oh my. This should be fun to watch. Fail forward fast, baby. Suck for Luck is in full effect. Not that I want it to be. But what happens will happen.

This is what I mean. Far too negative. Suck for luck? This makes us better. It's risky, but he's a playmaker. So because of Reggie Bush we're going to win 2 games? And you're one of the best posters here.

yea he may only get 10 carries a game but he is a threat out of the back field and on returns. people should be excited that the dolphins are actually adding speed and explosion instead of freaking pouting all the time.

I don't think we will be using him where he gets 25+ carries a game. He will probably get in the area of 10-15 touches with Thomas getting most of the carries.

The way I see it, I wont complain about him being the feature back until I see what type of offense we'll be running... Kinda pointless IMO...

Probably "named" the starter and get 10-12 rushes and 5-8 receptions a game. I highly value CK's opinion, but I think he might be wrong on this one. I like the signing and hope he can help the offense spread out more.

Likely lots of screens in those 5-8 receptions.

No one is really expecting Bush to come here, carry the ball 25+ times a game, have over 1,000 yards. We are expecting someone who can add some speed to the offense and create mismatches. Bush's greatest stats are the ones that don't show up on the score card.

Teams have to game plan against him, and if you can move him around you can easily get him paired up against a linebacker. A matchup he will win every time. The Dolphins now have two skill players on the offense(Marshall and Bush) that teams will identify specifically and have to game plan for. His stats might not show it, but he is a big time difference maker. He also adds speed to an offense that had no speed last year. It is easy how the uneducated football fan can see Bush as not a good player. Is he great? No, but he is good at what he does and what the Dolphins will expect from him.

the way i see it he is replacing Cobbs with a more expanded role in the offense

hope we can bring back ronnie for a good price

Thomas/Ronnie/Bush > Ronnie/Williams/Cobbs any day out the week

I'd like to see 15 total touches per game for Bush, 15 to 20, mostly carries, for Thomas, and a few for Hilliard/polite/sheets/whoever else.

Back
Top Bottom