Bushrod Signs | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod Signs

CdhxlAmXEAAyrVg.jpg

Bushrod is washed up. However, like many fans I will convince myself that this is a good move because he is better than the worst guard in the league in Dallas Thomas.

Bushrod is washed up. However, like many fans I will convince myself that this is a good move because he is better than the worst guard in the league in Dallas Thomas.

He is probably taking Jason Fox's role. In which case, I hope he's better than. lol

I am not sure if this is a good move. I view Bushrod as the fourth tackle, and an attempt to upgrade LG. Since we already have our swing tackle, it seems a reasonable calculated risk. I am not jazzed with the move, but I will wait to see how he performs.

Im not even sure of that since he was beaten out by one of the worst rated tackles in the league and has never playd guard at this level.
Why the hell would we actually try to fill any holes anyway

I literally never post, and I'm usually an optimist when it comes to the dolphins. Every year I drink the koolaid, and feel like a dumbass by the end of the season. But this is straight up baffling to me.

How do you not address your biggest weakness at all? A weakness that goes back years!

I'm sure people will say "wait for the draft" and "free agency isn't over" but thats just wishful thinking. Even if you intend on addressing guard during the draft, you just don't know how that's gonna play out. That's how you end up drafting mediocre players for need, rather then BPA. Why not go after someone, anyone in free agency to hedge your bets? What's the worst that could happen? We add some depth? Heaven forbid!

I will continue to hope for the best, but this is troubling to say the least.

Good luck finding a swing-tackle without flaws on the open market. There's a reason these guys aren't getting looked at as starters. He has injuries, but he's worlds more talented than Fox, Clabo, Colombo, etc..

I am not as sour at this move over the last few days. I like his ability to help at OT in case of injury.

Bushrod was an excellent player for the Saints but even then he struggled to stay on the field. The Saints eventually saw the writing on the wall and drafted his replacement in Terron Armstead. Honestly Bushrod was a pretty terrible player for the Bears. But if he can get healthy and only be used for depth/very short term starter then he might be a decent signing. And for those saying he can play Guard - as far as I know he has never played Guard - he was a LT at Towson, a LT for the Saints, and a LT for the Bears.

Isa Abdul-Quddus was a nice signing too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom