Bushrod Wants To Keep Going | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod Wants To Keep Going

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]As disappointed as he was after the Dolphins’ playoff loss against the Pittsburgh Steelers, veteran offensive lineman [/FONT]Jermon Bushrod[FONT=&quot] still found himself in a different place — and in many ways better — compared to this time last year. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At the start of the 2016 offseason, Bushrod was contemplating retirement as a clear option. Now, he says he wants to keep playing. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Specifically, he wants to keep playing for the Dolphins. Bushrod is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March, but he made it clear his preference was to stay in Miami. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I don’t want to move again,” Bushrod said. “Yeah, I had fun. My body feels good. Between our training staff and our strength and conditioning staff, my masseuse, a couple of people I use and the physical therapist, between all that, I feel OK. You’ve always got to battle through things, especially when you get older in this league, but you do what you gotta do to take care of you. Going forward, if it’s God’s plan, it is. If it’s not, it’s not. But I’d like to keep it going if we can maybe work something out.” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bushrod signed a one-year contract with the Dolphins last offseason after spending three years with the Chicago Bears. He came to Miami to rejoin Adam Gase, who had been his offensive coordinator in Chicago in 2015, and for the chance to become a starter again.

More at LINK: [/FONT]
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Bushrod-Wants-To-Keep-Going/1ffd72e8-246f-4cf1-a06f-df73afae443c

Your thoughts?

He wasnt good last year.

Supposed to be a good guy in the lockeroom, maybe keep him as a backup :idk: but need 2 new guards imo

I personally wouldn't have a problem signing him to a back-up role.

Can he upgrade the RT spot. Have come to TC and compete with Juwuan James.

Vet-min and invite to camp. Not expecting much but I'd be fine giving him an opportunity to compete for a depth role.

I think that is the smart way to role, he came in did what he was asked, wasn't great, but could be fine if needed due to the potential for injury.

I'd personally like to see him retire. Or catch on somewhere else.

I'd very much like to keep a youth movement going, particularly for depth. Sign a solid/above average FA guard, draft a C/G to develop behind Pouncey (worse hips than my great grandma...bound to happen again), draft a Tackle (low rounds, project type), and go from there. We really blew it last year giving up what we did for Carroo (which hits us dead in the face again this draft)...could've had some nice youth backing up a few units with those picks. Need to infuse some more kids.

If we don't trot our #1 line out there, it's a dumpster fire...Bushrod didn't/couldn't carry it...not that it would be fair to expect him to, it's just the reality. He was pretty terrible...I'd rather a rookie give the same level of production while learning.

Cool with me to get him back as a backup. Absolutely need to improve upon the line but a veteran for depth he could alright.. maybe another year to strengthen his shoulder back up?

Sign him as a back up, we have had worse. Maybe the strength and conditioning coaches can improve his game.

Vet-min and invite to camp. Not expecting much but I'd be fine giving him an opportunity to compete for a depth role.

Agreed, if anyone is willing to offer him anything more than the vet min, wish him the best as he exits the building.

He had all those things at his disposal and he still sucked big time. Worst run blocking guard in the NFL. No way in hell should we waste time with him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom