Bushrod Wants To Keep Going | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod Wants To Keep Going

BR NFL 1000 - Final Regular season breakdown: Offensive Guards

#68 Jermon Bushrod

Is it the say all, end all. Of course not.

But at some point you have to realize that when everyone else's standardized grading systems are more closely related to each other than some eager and overly-positive fan's opinion . . . well, might be time to remove the aqua and coral shades and see the player for what he truly is - patchwork by default coupled with poor play.

Seriously, this is insulting to Bushrod at this point.

Wish we could get Ryan Tannehill's thoughts on Bushrod vs. Dallas Thomas.

I have a feeling the term "step up" and "giant leap" will mean the same thing.

Seriously, I'm not even vouching for the guy to be the starter next year but I've seen the bottom of the barrel at Guard and that wasn't Bushrod in 2016. Not even close, don't care what PFF has to say about it.

Almost forget about our boy 'Dallas Thomas' then today I see he signed a future contract and it reminds me how bad he was. I still shiver when I hear his name- seriously you look at him and some of those other Lineman you posted the other day how in the world did RT not get hurt earlier? It's was almost a miracle.

I think will try hard to upgrade at least the RG position, will we? Who knows after the crap that's passed through here over the years.

He's Gase's guy in the O-line room but Guard is a position that we need to improve.
What would Mike Pouncey recommend?

End of the day Bushrod was a good soldier and gave us 16 games. I rarely found myself on Sundays noticing him being a total liability. It's not like Dallas Thomas who you noticed blowing it constantly. We should aspire to greater things at RG, just because the play there has been so bad doesn't make Bushrod's watermark acceptable. I consider him a solid stop-gap who wasn't near the liability people make him out to be, but one there is no way I'm comfortable relying on going forward and offers little to no upside going forward. As a G/T 8th OL type I have no issue with him coming into camp and competing for a depth role. He's a great locker room presence and a true professional.

I have no problem signing him as a backup, he actually is not horrible, maybe (big maybe) he'sOK, but he is not good either, and should not be starting. If he is starting in 2017, the staff failed again to fix the line...simple.

As a backup? Yes. As a starter? We should look for improvement.

And I think both sides will be comfortable with that.

Jan 20
Jermon Bushrod‏ @j_bushrod7475
I don't feel like moving anymore so we will see
Bret Allen‏ @bwallen5499
@j_bushrod7475 u coming back next year or are u retiring?

Jan 20
Jermon Bushrod‏ @j_bushrod7475
I don't feel like moving anymore so we will see
Bret Allen‏ @bwallen5499
@j_bushrod7475 u coming back next year or are u retiring?

There is an article I've dug up a few times explaining how Bushrod almost retired following a slew of injuries w/ Chicago before Gase's convinced him to come to Miami. His feelings here don't surprise me in the least. I'll find it again here in a few moments for those that may have missed it.

As a backup at best. Need to upgrade at least one of the OG spots.

Back
Top Bottom