Bushrod Wants To Keep Going | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod Wants To Keep Going

:lol:

We certainly have gotten ****y around here considering he provided us with the best RG play we have seen in a decade.

No brainer resign. Go ahead and search for two guards . . . We have been doing that forever.

People say he stunk. I didn't notice him. Was he solid?

He wasn't anything special, but he was in the damn lineup every week. That is a win in itself. His shoulder needs an offseason to hopefully get stronger but he is versatile and would be a great 6th lineman but not afraid if he has to start either.

Good to hear vets saying this is where they want to be. I know sometimes it is common speak but stability and veteran leadership in the locker room is underrated.

If he's healthy we should keep him around but try to find a younger guy to take his place as a starter. The fact he can play guard , tackle and even TE in a pinch is what we need as a solid backup if nothing else.

Seems like a team first guy and like Daytona sez his veteran leadership should not be overlooked.

He rated as the WORST run blocking guard in the league!! Why would you want someone like that back?!

You realize PFF isn't the bible on offensive line play.

All I know is we had the 9th ranked rushing offense and finished 10th in least amount of sacks given up. And Bushrod was in on pretty much all of that while everybody else was missing time.

We haven't had numbers like that since the wildcat days. If you can upgrade by all means upgrade . . . I just find it funny how simple of a task people think this will be considering our history.

We certainly have gotten ****y around here considering he provided us with the best RG play we have seen in a decade.

Not even remotely close. Vernon Carey solidified our RG position for 7 years up until 2011.

Bushrod is the definition of patchwork and played by default not b/c of performance.

This is why posting tape and visual evidence is important b/c Bushrod's poor play is now somehow getting passed off as satisfactory.

If Bushrod starts more than 3 games next year, then there has been another breakdown somewhere.

Not even remotely close. Vernon Carey solidified our RG position for 7 years up until 2011.

Bushrod is the definition of patchwork and played by default not b/c of performance.

This is why posting tape and visual evidence is important b/c Bushrod's poor play is now somehow getting passed off as satisfactory.

Vernon Carey? You mean the RT turned LT turned RT for all but 1 year, his last, where he was forced to take a paycut and get demoted to RG for Marc Colombo? Is this the Vernon Carey you are talking about. He certainly solidified the RG position for 7 years didn't he? C'mon dude.

If he played by default, he damn sure did better than all the other "default" options we've seen over the last decade . . . . like I said.

He gave us health, and filled in rather nicely all things considered. Certainly better than the Turners, Douglas' and Thomas' that we've seen.

We should upgrade . . . no question. I'm a fan of it. But Bushrod was necessary in 2016. You can put on all the tape you want to, won't change the fact that he more than outplayed what many thought he would bring at RG with a bum shoulder.

Vernon Carey? You mean the RT turned LT turned RT for all but 1 year, his last, where he was forced to take a paycut and get demoted to RG for Marc Colombo? Is this the Vernon Carey you are talking about. He certainly solidified the RG position for 7 years didn't he? C'mon dude.

If he played by default, he damn sure did better than all the other "default" options we've seen over the last decade . . . . like I said.

He gave us health, and filled in rather nicely all things considered. Certainly better than the Turners, Douglas' and Thomas' that we've seen.

We should upgrade . . . no question. I'm a fan of it. But Bushrod was necessary in 2016. You can put on all the tape you want to, won't change the fact that he more than outplayed what many thought he would bring at RG with a bum shoulder.

Touche'

Bushrod still played by default no matter what the spin as there was no viable replacement.

Bushrod was only a step up from Dallas Thomas. Grading out in the 30's is pathetic.

Seriously, this is insulting to Bushrod at this point.

Wish we could get Ryan Tannehill's thoughts on Bushrod vs. Dallas Thomas.

I have a feeling the term "step up" and "giant leap" will mean the same thing.

Seriously, I'm not even vouching for the guy to be the starter next year but I've seen the bottom of the barrel at Guard and that wasn't Bushrod in 2016. Not even close, don't care what PFF has to say about it.

Back
Top Bottom