Buttfumble+Tannehill ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buttfumble+Tannehill ?

Franchise QB's don't get cut from their team after only a handful of seasons.

And in 2013, Buttfumble (your "franchise QB") had more fumbles than touchdowns. You gotta be special to accomplish something like that...or have special hair. :chuckle:

that's interesting b/c he didn't play in 2013

GMs don't typically get the boot if their QB is worth a ****. If the new GM thought $anchez was worth a damn wouldn't he keep him? It would make no sense to cut him if he had value to the team.

things happened, this is a tough market and guys don't get as long to perform here as other places.

The new GM used his 3rd pick of the draft on a QB so he wasn't desperate to replace him but Geno fell further than expected and he took him then wanted to see him play. even w/ that if Mark doesn't get hurt he starts and he'd still be here.

isn't it amazing that there are teams lined up for him as soon as he is let go? that is strange for a guy who sucks.

Such a talented QB can only find one team that wants him.....for a backup position no less. The NFL doesn't trust their eyes.

an offensive guru wants him b/c I'm sure Chip wants all QBs that can't play and most of the jobs were filled as he was released 2 weeks into FA yet still a bunch of teas are going after him.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 15h ago
Eagles have "edge" to land ex-Jets QB Mark Sanchez. Browns, Titans, Rams also interest. Giants, long shot. #nyj Story http://nydn.us/1h2Mm8i

But Buttfumble on the Fins???????????
9a70ad27f9f5d9d05857d36d4f1c3fad-1.gif

things happened, this is a tough market and guys don't get as long to perform here as other places.

The "things that happened" were them not being a winning team. Hard to imagine that being the case when they were elite in 2009 and 2010, to you at least.

an offensive guru wants him b/c I'm sure Chip wants all QBs that can't play and most of the jobs were filled as he was released 2 weeks into FA yet still a bunch of teas are going after him.

Eagles have "edge" to land ex-Jets QB Mark Sanchez. Browns, Titans, Rams also interest. Giants, long shot. #nyj Story http://nydn.us/1h2Mm8i

A bunch of teams huh? Cleveland, a franchise that doesn't know what a QB is. Tennessee, a franchise that like Cleveland can't seem to ever have a good QB on the field. St. Louis? Sam Bradford is back. NY Giants? Awesome task to backup Eli Manning.

So to you, Philly looking at him as a backup shows the rest of the league and the fans that Chip Kelly thinks $anchez is a good QB? If $anchez was worth a ****, why wouldn't he go to a team where he had a chance to start?

You didn't sense the obvious jab from your boy manchowder? Those quotation marks aren't there to emphasize buttfumbles worth.

There hasn't been this much excitement about a potential clipholder since , well, I guess Rex Grossman :idk:

of7imr-1.jpg

Deadspin is worse than Bleacher report... And thats pretty freaking bad. As bad as it gets actually.

that's interesting b/c he didn't play in 2013

The new GM used his 3rd pick of the draft on a QB so he wasn't desperate to replace him but Geno fell further than expected and he took him then wanted to see him play. even w/ that if Mark doesn't get hurt he starts and he'd still be here.

isn't it amazing that there are teams lined up for him as soon as he is let go? that is strange for a guy who sucks.

"Edge".. thats a funny term to use for someone who is nothing more than garbage at what they do. Not sure Id call it an "edge".

[URL="http:// http://www.totalprosports.com/2014/03/25/mark-sanchez-butt-fumble-madden-version-video-jets/?fb=1"[/URL]
Ok that first link didnt work. Must have fumbled like pkayer ib video!

Last edited by a moderator:
While admittedly, I'm far from anything resembling a fan of Adam Schein, I must concede that his being a probably jest fan with the opportunity to observe buttfumble from up close in NY, he nailed it. "My wife has joked that our life has been dominated by Mark buttfumble. We live in New York. And for every snap buttfumble took in his Jets career, I was on SNY's "Jets Post-Game Live." I co-host a daily sports talk show on SNY and host a daily sports radio show on SiriusXM. On CBS Sports Network, I host a quarterback show and an NFL pregame show. And I write for NFL.com."

Here are some excerpts of his "retrospective"

Mark buttfumble -- he of the four road playoff wins, he of the infamous butt fumble, he of the sports page and Page Six -- was no longer a member of Gang Green.

Love him or loathe him, praise him or bash him, buttfumble's Jets tenure was anything but boring.

And he certainly kept it fresh.
buttfumble ate a hot dog on the sideline during a blowout of the Oakland Raiders. He tried to disarm the media during one postgame press conference by reading a prepared statement. Oftentimes after a game, he'd fail to follow the unwritten QB rule (never point the finger at others -- point the thumb at yourself). A viral clip surfaced of him dancing with his pants down, which sparked a debate over the butt video versus the butt fumble. There was the time his head coach was irked when buttfumble couldn't slide.

There was Tebowmania. There was Santonio Holmes quitting on buttfumble and the team in the final game of the 2011 campaign. There were gigantic playoff throws against New England, Indianapolis, San Diego and Cincinnati. Mark buttfumble quarterbacked a team that beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady -- in the same postseason.

When the Jets made back-to-back AFC Championship Game appearances in buttfumble's first two years in the league, the young quarterback owned the town. Yes, Rex Ryan's braggadocious Jets were carried by a great defense and a "ground and pound" offense, but buttfumble stepped up in the playoffs and made clutch plays.
Still, there is one thing buttfumble never was: a great player.

While you most certainly cannot take away buttfumble's postseason road wins, his struggles, poor reads and drama (even while the team was winning) cannot be forgotten.

buttfumble tossed more picks (20) than touchdowns (12) in his rookie year and was the weak link on the team. But notching two playoff wins in hostile territory covered up the warts. In 2010, buttfumble threw 17 touchdown passes against 13 picks. And, of course, he won two more playoff games on the road. Despite posting a completion percentage below 55 in back-to-back years, he was built up as the "Sanchize." He was the man. He had the Jets knocking on the Super Bowl's door.

buttfumble was the new "Broadway Joe." Except he wasn't.

A surrounding offensive cast of great veteran leaders like Jerricho Cotchery, Damien Woody and Tony Richardson significantly benefited the quarterback in his nascent years. In a lot of ways, the vets carried buttfumble and sugarcoated issues with his play and leadership. buttfumble didn't have to lead -- he could be young and immature. Yes, he was the quarterback, but he wasn't the team's central figure. In some ways, this stunted his growth. When the aforementioned leaders departed and the Jets simultaneously put more on the quarterback's plate as a passer, buttfumble went south.

The Jets lost their way in 2011. Most of the offense's strong leaders were gone. The ground-and-pound approach became more of a myth and sound bite than truly a way of life. The Jets heaped more responsibility on buttfumble, and while he put up his career highs in touchdowns (26) and yards (3,474), the offense ranked 25th. The Jets collapsed, losing their final three games and missing the playoffs. Former offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer inexplicably had buttfumble attempt 59 passes against the New York Giants on Christmas Eve. The Jets lost. The crosstown rivals, meanwhile, never lost again, and in fact went on to win the Super Bowl. Schottenheimer and buttfumble ruined Christmas for Jets fans. It was a clear illustration of why you couldn't ask buttfumble to be the focal point of an offense. He was just never that good.

The following year was a disaster. The Jets traded for Tim Tebow for all the right reasons, but buttfumble imploded under enhanced pressure. The next coordinator up, Tony Sparano, couldn't coach the quarterbacks. The receiving corps was paper thin. Rex couldn't handle the depth chart.

buttfumble butt-fumbled the season away. That snapshot from Thanksgiving night in the lopsided comedy show against New England told the entire story: buttfumble and the Jets were literally the butt of every joke.

What doesn't get discussed enough is how buttfumble still had a chance to flip the script after the butt fumble. He wasted that chance with horrible play. Ten days later, buttfumble faced off against Arizona Cardinals quarterback Ryan Lindley in a game that sent offensive football back to the stone ages. buttfumble totaled 97 yards passing, finishing with three interceptions and zero touchdowns. It was the worst game I've ever seen. Fortunately, Greg McElroy relieved buttfumble late and guided Gang Green to its only score in the 7-6 win.

A couple weeks later, when the Jets still had a chance to save the season in Tennessee on "Monday Night Football," buttfumble set a new low. On a night when Titans QB Jake Locker was begging the Jets to win, buttfumble threw four gruesome picks. The game ended, for all intents and purposes, when buttfumble couldn't handle a low snap and the Titans recovered with 43 seconds remaining. ESPN's Mike Tirico punctuated that final turnover with a perfect, incredulous call to mark New York's official elimination from the playoffs: "That's the way this game should end, that's the way the Jets' season should end: ugly, and a loss." On our SNY postgame show, former Jet Ray Lucas was so disgusted he just started shouting out names of people who should be fired.

Ah, memories.

I polled three of buttfumble's former teammates and three current NFL executives about the quarterback's future. One of his former teammates was adamant that buttfumble would have success or be a starter again -- especially if he goes to Philly -- but the other two had serious doubts about his talent and leadership. One stressed that he hoped buttfumble would develop a chip on his shoulder and prove the doubters wrong.

Yes, there were circumstances around buttfumble that contributed to his downward spiral. But the fact is, Mark buttfumble continually wilted under pressure as his career progressed with the Jets. It's hard not to look at this quarterback with skepticism after five years of insanity.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-new-york-jets-tenure-was-anything-but-boring

Rams signed Shaun Hill over sanchez to be the clipboard holder. The Titans recently signed Whitehurst to back up Locker, cant' see sanchez there. I'll give you the Browns because just about any veteran is a possibility there. You still buying the Giants are interested?

Back
Top Bottom