Buttfumble+Tannehill ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buttfumble+Tannehill ?

From approximately 13 months ago, even Tannenbaum, their GM-****up regrets buttfumble:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-regret-on-buttfumbles-contract-turnovers/
Former Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum says that if he had to do it all over again, he wouldn’t have signed quarterback Mark buttfumble to a long-term contract extension last year.

Tannenbaum said on NFL Network’s NFL AM that if he had known what kind of 2012 season buttfumble would have, he wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on the extension.

“I don’t think I would have signed a quarterback to an extension knowing that he’d have 26 turnovers,” Tannenbaum said. “That might be one of the reasons I’m right sitting here with you guys.”

It’s not surprising that Tannenbaum regrets the buttfumble extension, and Tannenbaum may be right that it’s one of the main reasons he was fired last month. But it’s odd that Tannenbaum would claim he wouldn’t sign a quarterback to an extension after 26 turnovers because buttfumble actually had 26 turnovers in 2011, too. In fact, buttfumble was incredibly consistent on the turnover front from 2011 to 2012: He had exactly 18 interceptions both seasons, and exactly eight lost fumbles both seasons. If 26 turnovers in 2012 make Tannenbaum regret signing buttfumble to an extension, then 26 turnovers in 2011 probably should have made Tannenbaum think twice about signing buttfumble to an extension a year ago.

In any event, Tannenbaum also defended a lot of the moves he made, and he mentioned multiple times on NFL AM that he was the general manager who made the decision to draft All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis. Tannenbaum would prefer to be remembered as the guy who drafted and extended Revis, not as the guy who drafted and extended buttfumble.

5kepep-1.jpg

First explain to me how not wanting to trade buttfumble for more than 2 first round picks, the top 5 QBs in the league because "we already have our Franchise QB" or that a historic bottom feeder in the league was ever a "top 10" or that a QB with a PFF #3 rated OL who kept running into linemen's butts, throwing into triple coverage and missing wide open players (who presumably could catch a ball uncontested) was not your defacto alternative definition of "going to be great" You really need to have someone explain to you what you yourself are saying.

Spin away ballerina.

he had a top 10 season in 2010, I wouldn't expect you to understand since all you do is look at fantasy #s.

He was our franchise QB but things change in this league, GM got fired, new Gm wanted his QB then Mark got hurt. That doesn't take away from the fact that he played a major role in helping a team reach 2 title games.

and they took Culpepper which is why Miami has sucked for so long. There are reasons why organizations like Mia and NYJ don't win SBs.

They chose Culpepper because they thought his injury would've been not as career-threatening as Brees'. I didn't say they made the right decision but no one is claiming $anchez's injury will keep his career from continuing.

Sanchez should join the jaguars so Dolphin fans and jet Fans can finally get the answer to that age old question.. Who laid the egg first. Henne or Sanchez

he had a top 10 season in 2010, I wouldn't expect you to understand since all you do is look at fantasy #s.

He was our franchise QB but things change in this league, GM got fired, new Gm wanted his QB then Mark got hurt. That doesn't take away from the fact that he played a major role in helping a team reach 2 title games.

Franchise QB's don't get cut from their team after only a handful of seasons.

And in 2013, Buttfumble (your "franchise QB") had more fumbles than touchdowns. You gotta be special to accomplish something like that...or have special hair. :chuckle:

GMs don't typically get the boot if their QB is worth a ****. If the new GM thought $anchez was worth a damn wouldn't he keep him? It would make no sense to cut him if he had value to the team.

They chose Culpepper because they thought his injury would've been not as career-threatening as Brees'. I didn't say they made the right decision but no one is claiming $anchez's injury will keep his career from continuing.

Exactly. It's his lack of talent that will do that. :)

@AdamSchefter: And @mortreport is reporting that, pending a physical, former Jets QB Mark Sanchez is expected to sign with the Eagles.

@AdamSchefter: And @mortreport is reporting that, pending a physical, former Jets QB Mark Sanchez is expected to sign with the Eagles.

Such a talented QB can only find one team that wants him.....for a backup position no less. The NFL doesn't trust their eyes.

If he signs with the Eagles - the fanbase that threw snowballs at Santa is gonna make the more vocal of NY's 90% of fans who are thrilled to be rid of him look supportive by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom