Buzz Column 3/24 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz Column 3/24

if miami waits til those projections of where guys will go to pull the trigger most those guys won't be there...they'll be trumped all over the place...

Yep. There's like 10-15 picks missing where all the top talent should be in this draft and it's throwing every projection off by like a half a round.

Reminds me of 2005. Years from now this will be a first round with lots of "busts" where the truth will have been the guys were taken higher than they should have because the teams had no choice but to pick somebody.

Good read thanks for posting. Barry always has the best stuff

I hope in the draft we go after Trufant, Rhodes, then maybe Poyer if you guys think he's decent?? I'd pick up Tracy Porter and drop one of our current two corners eating up a ton of money

Jordan Poyer out of Oregon State is arguably one of the best zone corner in this draft.

poyers a nice player and no doubt he looks like a guy that can play a solid zone and he has plus feet and drives on the football from off coverage but it also reeks of a safe play...there's not much upside left there...

as for bernard i'm sure they can get him at #42 or #56 given the guys 5 ft 8 and some change...nice player albeit a very short one...

If Giiovani Bernard fell to the #42 spot, I would be running to the podium to draft him, I just think he will go late first, or early second, before we pick again. I like Darius Slay at CB...many people questioned his speed but apparently he ran the fastest 40 among d-backs at the Combine?? Slay and Poyer would be sweet.

Great write up by Barry Jackson. Miami will no doubt draft at least two CBs and I and still expect them to sign a veteran CB, possibly after the draft.

if miami waits til those projections of where guys will go to pull the trigger most those guys won't be there...they'll be trumped all over the place...

I thought the same thing reading it. If you believe everything in the article, the Fins are in no man's land in terms of value.

I'm fairly partial to the Don Jones kid. I used to watch him in high school when he played RB for Hazlewood when he led 'em to a 12-1 record and fell a game short of going to the state championship game before he headed off to JUCO. He was also a state champion in Alabama running track. It would be interesting if the Dolphins have ideas of pairing him up again with former RedWolves teammate Kelcie McCray.... they made a pretty good tandem on the back end of Arkansas St.'s secondary.

Should be a special teams demon at the least for whoever gets him. The Patriots are supposedly pretty smitten by him too.

Agree. I can't see Trufant making it to 28. In fact, I think he could be the Dolphins pick at #12 or even San Diego's at #11. Maybe that's how these "experts" are ranking them, but corners are going to be going fast IMO.

I'm fairly partial to the Don Jones kid. I used to watch him in high school when he played RB for Hazlewood when he led 'em to a 12-1 record and fell a game short of going to the state championship game before he headed off to JUCO. He was also a state champion in Alabama running track. It would be interesting if the Dolphins have ideas of pairing him up again with former RedWolves teammate Kelcie McCray.... they made a pretty good tandem on the back end of Arkansas St.'s secondary.

Should be a special teams demon at the least for whoever gets him. The Patriots are supposedly pretty smitten by him too.

I checked again on nfl.com last night and Patriots have a 1, 2, 3, and one 7th. So they have to reach to get him IMO or if stupid azz cleveland actually goes for Mullett, then.....

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I am starting to dig the kid from boise st. And If we draft 2 corners one will be in 5th/7th round.

I checked again on nfl.com last night and Patriots have a 1, 2, 3, and one 7th. So they have to reach to get him IMO or if stupid azz cleveland actually goes for Mullett, then.....

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I am starting to dig the kid from boise st. And If we draft 2 corners one will be in 5th/7th round.

I'm a big fan of Jamar Taylor but he seems to be a man corner and with the rumors of going to more zone coverage are true, he isn't an ideal fit

Back
Top Bottom