By no means am I a Feeley supporter but..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By no means am I a Feeley supporter but.....

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Feeley should start because at least he has accuracy.I know the guy panics in the pocket but is not like Frerotte shown he is that much better than Feeley.

Finally coming around to reality I see.. Kudos, hopefully more of the "haters" will take this same rational approach.. It astounds me that the old "haters" are so fervently sticking with Frerotte, a renowned and long-standing mediocre QB who is doing nothing to dismiss that legacy of mediocrity.

Not only is Feeley accurate, but he is coming around mentally. He hasn't forced many throws this preseason, and didn't last year. People forget that he also has an ability to make some great TD throws, absolute laser beams that hit the reciever on target. Gus's deep balls remind me of the QB from Not Another Teen Movie.

I hate some of the decisions Feeley has made.....certainly panics when he gets a little pressure in the pocket..... Frerotte shown he can get rid of the ball....and has a cannon....If A.J starts i'll back him up and hope he does well.....Anyways we did give up a 2nd for him so we need to know if this guy can be productive....Gus is nothing more than a fill in

minus said:
Feeley should start because at least he has accuracy.I know the guy panics in the pocket but is not like Frerotte shown he is that much better than Feeley.

And Aj has shown better poise. Not complete finished producct, but he seems much more comfortable at this point. Accuracy is huge, finding dump offs and having the knowledge to take whats there instead of forcing it into coverage is also improving.

We shall see what Nick does. Hopefully whatever he does works out.

Dolphann4life said:
I hate some of the decisions Feeley has made.....certainly panics when he gets a little pressure in the pocket..... Frerotte shown he can get rid of the ball....and has a cannon....If A.J starts i'll back him up and hope he does well.....Anyways we did give up a 2nd for him so we need to know if this guy can be productive

Unfortunately, our receivers don't have rocket propelled packs to go along with Frerotte's cannon. Feeley has a good arm too and a more accurate one.

Hopefully with the more experience in games the less he will panic and finally get comfortable. He definetly has an arm.

He has shown poise and a better ability to see what the defense is comming at him with. I noticed on the touchdown play he communicated well with his recievers to make route adjustments based on the D. I saw that a few times last night. I do not believe he will start based on Saban and Linihans comments in the PC. I wonder what they are seeing to continue to put the season on the line with Frerotte? I'd really like to see AJ get a shot at staritng next game but doesnt look likely. We better get ready to be Guskateers! Good luck buddy.

minus said:

Panic in the pocket could be unlearned with experience. It should only improve. Gus' problems at his age are not. He will not improve his arm IMO.

I have no problem starting Feeley. I just wonder what the hell Saban is going to do when he sees an INT for a TD for the other team. He's not going to like that. gus doesnt throw INT's to the other team, that is what people will miss.

finfan54 said:
I have no problem starting Feeley. I just wonder what the hell Saban is going to do when he sees an INT for a TD for the other team. He's not going to like that. gus doesnt throw INT's to the other team, that is what people will miss.

:lol: Ya, he just fumbles for a TD.. Thats so much better...

SkapePhin said:
Finally coming around to reality I see.. Kudos, hopefully more of the "haters" will take this same rational approach.. It astounds me that the old "haters" are so fervently sticking with Frerotte, a renowned and long-standing mediocre QB who is doing nothing to dismiss that legacy of mediocrity.

And AJ Feeley has? I dont get it.

Blind Faith said:
He has shown poise and a better ability to see what the defense is comming at him with. I noticed on the touchdown play he communicated well with his recievers to make route adjustments based on the D. I saw that a few times last night. I do not believe he will start based on Saban and Linihans comments in the PC. I wonder what they are seeing to continue to put the season on the line with Frerotte? I'd really like to see AJ get a shot at staritng next game but doesnt look likely. We better get ready to be Guskateers! Good luck buddy.

I'll be a Gusketeer when he starts winning games for us (reg. season). I believe Feeley gives us the best chance to win. Right now the Preseason feels like a primary election, where we are all members of the same party but want a different guy to get nominated.

Back
Top Bottom