By no means am I a Feeley supporter but..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By no means am I a Feeley supporter but.....

finfan54 said:
I have no problem starting Feeley. I just wonder what the hell Saban is going to do when he sees an INT for a TD for the other team. He's not going to like that. gus doesnt throw INT's to the other team, that is what people will miss.

And how do you know that????

MDFINFAN said:
And how do you know that????
He doesn't. After looking at Gus's stats (again) I noticed that Gus has a 1 to 1 ratio for the games he started, and that is bolstered by his years in MN.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1070

But if we go to the bottom and look at his fumbles... 32 net loss fumbles, we see that gus has turned the ball over 102 times in his career. To be fair, I added his rushing touchdowns to his passing TDs and came up with 82.

so... every time he scores four touchdowns, he will have turned the ball over 5 times.

Wildbill3 said:
He doesn't. After looking at Gus's stats (again) I noticed that Gus has a 1 to 1 ratio for the games he started, and that is bolstered by his years in MN.

But if we go to the bottom and look at his fumbles... 32 net loss fumbles, we see that gus has turned the ball over 102 times in his career. To be fair, I added his rushing touchdowns to his passing TDs and came up with 82.

so... every time he scores four touchdowns, he will have turned the ball over 5 times.
Sounds like a starter to me...lol

I think Feely has earned the spot to start next preseason game and if he can stay solid against a good defense then I think he should be named starter after the game.

minus said:
Feeley should start because at least he has accuracy.I know the guy panics in the pocket but is not like Frerotte shown he is that much better than Feeley.
Welcome to the dark side my new apprentice.

finfan54 said:
I have no problem starting Feeley. I just wonder what the hell Saban is going to do when he sees an INT for a TD for the other team. He's not going to like that. gus doesnt throw INT's to the other team, that is what people will miss.

What was that pass to Ronde Barber on the sideline? If Ronde doesnt have visions of a touchdown celebration and let the ball go right through his hands, that's six points right there. Name me one pass that AJ has thrown in the preseason or the last three games of last year (about 4 total gms) that couldve been returned for a touchdown?

Wildbill3 said:

Saban's gonna love that:cool:

Feeley has looked alright when he hasn't been plastered to the ground. For example what was the only game where Feeley wasn't blitzed to death for an entire game.........the Bills game. The Bills didn't blitz for that first quarter and Feeley tore up their defense. It wasn't until the Bills picked up the blitzing a lot did it revert back to the old way. I'm interested to see how Feeley does without defenders all over him constantly in under 3 seconds.

VanDolPhan said:
Feeley has looked alright when he hasn't been plastered to the ground. For example what was the only game where Feeley wasn't blitzed to death for an entire game.........the Bills game. The Bills didn't blitz for that first quarter and Feeley tore up their defense. It wasn't until the Bills picked up the blitzing a lot did it revert back to the old way. I'm interested to see how Feeley does without defenders all over him constantly in under 3 seconds.
I agree, a better way to bench mark his progress. Kurt Warner was MVP twice with excellent protection from his O-line, AJ could at least be serviceable.

i just cant stand aj wanting to throw the dumpoff every play he never looks at chambers he just throws to the RB or FB all the time

Tommy5988 said:
i just cant stand aj wanting to throw the dumpoff every play he never looks at chambers he just throws to the RB or FB all the time
Better than an INT.

that true but i find myself excited when one of the qbs gets a first down..

i mean like not just excited like YEA but excited like ... ok that might be the only time i see that this game... ill cherish this moment

Tommy5988 said:

i mean like not just excited like YEA but excited like ... ok that might be the only time i see that this game... ill cherish this moment
Well I can't see AJ passing up a pass to Chambers if Chambers is open and he has time.

Tommy5988 said:

uh, get a girlfriend or a good magazine. :lol:

The long ball game is fine if you have a qb who's accurate going deep. There arent that many qbs who can do that consistantly. Also you generally need a wr who can fight for the ball because you are going to get alot of jump balls over the course of the season. Chambers could be the guy but the one knock i have with him is he doesnt alwys seem to fight for the ball. maybe this year will be different now that the wanny days are over. As for the qbs we have i'm not sure either is accurate enough on a consistent basis to wing the ball deep constantly. we may be better off with 5 to 20 yd variety type of passes

Back
Top Bottom