By no means am I a Feeley supporter but..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By no means am I a Feeley supporter but.....

If Saban puts Feeley in there, I am going to root like hell for the little guy. I want whoever is playing for the Dolphins to kick ***.
Problem is that right now the coaching staff has more confidence in Frerotte and what we have seen from Feeley is more of the same from a pathetically bad year last year. Those two factors right now make me trust Saban and co. with Gus.

minus said:
Feeley should start because at least he has accuracy.I know the guy panics in the pocket but is not like Frerotte shown he is that much better than Feeley.

adamprez2003 said:
The long ball game is fine if you have a qb who's accurate going deep. There arent that many qbs who can do that consistantly. Also you generally need a wr who can fight for the ball because you are going to get alot of jump balls over the course of the season. Chambers could be the guy but the one knock i have with him is he doesnt alwys seem to fight for the ball. maybe this year will be different now that the wanny days are over. As for the qbs we have i'm not sure either is accurate enough on a consistent basis to wing the ball deep constantly. we may be better off with 5 to 20 yd variety type of passes

You have to figure that we will get 1 out of every 4 deep pass plays completed in a decent offense. If Chambers doesnt drop the ball, we have one. If he doesn't overthrow Boston one time, that's two. I feel like we are close, and I'm encouraged by the performance.

I don't know who should start, but right now I like Gus. I thought he was a serviceable quarterback with Washington early in his career, and except for crashing his head into a wall (which was after a great play by Gus), he can be a productive player. Feeley is good, but I just don't see him winning any games for us. His weakness coming out of college was throwing the deep ball, and I haven't seen him do it well anywhere. He belongs in a west coast system where he can rifle short passes to receivers, and Linehan's system isn't for him.

I'm convinced that Frerotte was promised the starting job if he signed here. Now that he looks like the QB he has always been..career backup... The coaches are worring about what to do. He will get the starting job to see if he plays different during the regular season. He will have a short leash, that's why the coaches are starting to say they are not against playing both during the season.

Dolphann4life said:
I hate some of the decisions Feeley has made.....certainly panics when he gets a little pressure in the pocket..... Frerotte shown he can get rid of the ball....and has a cannon....If A.J starts i'll back him up and hope he does well.....Anyways we did give up a 2nd for him so we need to know if this guy can be productive....Gus is nothing more than a fill in

I haven't seen evidence of that this preseason. He's made good decisions for the most part.

finfan54 said:
And AJ Feeley has? I dont get it.

Of Course you wouldnt.. Feeley has ONE year of suckiness, under HEAVY duress.. Gus has SEVERAL years of suckiness, with various levels of supporting help.. I dont believe any of his offensive situations were on par with the mess that was the Miami Dolphin's offense last year..

So, who is more of the unknown here? Feeley. It only makes sense to play the unknown with some potential in a case where both dont distinguish themselves.

finfan54 said:
on believe me, when he becomes the number 1 guy, as everyone on here thinks he will, you will see his *** hurt alot. the dude doesnt see it coming and he gets nailed every time. Gus gets rid of it. Gus throws it away when there is nothing there. Feeley will try to be a hero and then F up. It will happen. Trust me. Its like the grass is always greener on the feeley side, but people dont understand that which they cannot see. They only understand that which they can see.

Dude.. Remember that TD that was returned that I spoke of. That was precisely what you describe here about Feeley! There was a friggin JAILBREAK blitz coming that was quite noticeable BEFORE snap! Frerotte should have at the ball or audibled for a quick strike to a back in the flat. Instead he looks away from the blitzer, tries to make a play and gets nailed coughing the ball off for a TD.. try to take the blame away from him there, but that WAS on him..

I find it fascinating from an anthropological standpoint to observe the way the irrational feeley-haters on this board continously find ways to contort themselves - and the facts - into such a logic-pretzel that they can justify starting Gus over AJ based on what we've seen during this preseason.

In point of fact, AJ Feeley has looked far better this year in going to his second reads and dump-off receivers than last year. He has not been panicking or throwing hasty passes up for grabs when under pressure. In the last two games, he has even been looking off his receivers more. (Gasp!)

Guskateers can't stand these things pointed out, as they have such a vested interest now in seeing 'their boy' get that start. Their irrational hatred of Feeley based on a nightmare of a season last year has utterly clouded their judgement to all rational thought and observation.

I only hope the coaches of the Miami Dolphins do not also suffer from this malady.

finfan54 said:
I have no problem starting Feeley. I just wonder what the hell Saban is going to do when he sees an INT for a TD for the other team. He's not going to like that. gus doesnt throw INT's to the other team, that is what people will miss.

Frerotte has 77 career TD passes, and 66 career INTs. The positive ratio is the result of 3 seasons: 1997, and 2 other seasons when he barely played, 2001 and 2003. In his other 8 seasons, he has 50 TDs and 52 INTs. He's a lousy QB. Always has been, always will be. At age 34, he's not going to get suddenly better.

dolfanmark said:
Frerotte has 77 career TD passes, and 66 career INTs. The positive ratio is the result of 3 seasons: 1997, and 2 other seasons when he barely played, 2001 and 2003. In his other 8 seasons, he has 50 TDs and 52 INTs. He's a lousy QB. Always has been, always will be. At age 34, he's not going to get suddenly better.

allow myself to quote myself.... These stats say gus is even worse during his career than 77-66 ratio.

He doesn't. After looking at Gus's stats (again) I noticed that Gus has a 1 to 1 ratio for the games he started, and that is bolstered by his years in MN.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1070

But if we go to the bottom and look at his fumbles... 32 net loss fumbles, we see that gus has turned the ball over 102 times in his career. To be fair, I added his rushing touchdowns to his passing TDs and came up with 82.

so... every time he scores four touchdowns, he will have turned the ball over 5 times.

Back
Top Bottom