By signing Suh, the Dolphins.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By signing Suh, the Dolphins....

xSxPxHx

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
By signing Suh, which is a possibility according to the Sun Sentinel, the Dolphins might wreck their whole salary structure, wiping out the middle-class player, guys who earn maybe $4-7 million per year, because their payroll would be incredibly top heavy.
In a doomsday scenario in 2016 you could have Suh (counting, say, $18 million against the cap), quarterback Ryan Tannehill (maybe $16 million), Mike Wallace ($13.7 million), Branden Albert ($10.1 million), Cameron Wake ($9.1 million), Mike Pouncey (maybe $8 million), and tight end Charles Clay (maybe $7 million) taking up more than $80 million against the cap.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...or-mistake-by-breaking-bank-for-ndamukong-suh

Well good thing Mike Wallace won't be in a dolphins jersey then. If we get Suh no way his 13.7 remains on the books for the dolphins.

I think Mike Wallace is gone after this season

No. I think Philbin will reconsider....lol oh, i mean, Tannenbaum will reconsider, once Joe places his automatic pilot button on full speed ahead. provided he takes us to the playoffs. or hickeybaum gets enough talent in the draft to make us forget our downfalls.....

going to bed with mel gordon on my mind.

Well to be fair Detroit has gone 6-10, 4-12 and 7-9 with him along with their two wild card seasons.

So only elite players play on championship winning teams? I mean, honestly wth is your point?

You must be so much damn fun at a party. Also I wish I could second guess everything you do for living. Omg now that would be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
if we are looking ahead to 2016 already, then I certainly wouldnt' count on wake, or Wallace being here.

By signing Suh the Dolphins..... Can get their money back by using the extra canvas where his name is sewn to advertise! Since Cameras will always focus in on "Suh" coming out of the pile.

I'd rather at least Try to maintain and sign SUH while the rest of the AFC East is stacking there Teams. Rex Ryan and the Bills are going to light it up. we need to bring it. The jets are making moves and the Pats are defending SB Champs. **** or get off the Pot. We need to grab SUH and light a match........

I think the thought process is we lost 3 games last year when we had the lead late, the defense couldn't stop the run or pass to seal the deal. Those losses were against 3 playoff teams (GB, Denver, and Detroit) and kept us from making the playoffs. With Suh on the field, you have to like our chances much better in those type of games!

I think the thought process is we lost 3 games last year when we had the lead late, the defense couldn't stop the run or pass to seal the deal. Those losses were against 3 playoff teams (GB, Denver, and Detroit) and kept us from making the playoffs. With Suh on the field, you have to like our chances much better in those type of games!

Yeah, you're right. Our offense played good enough to win those games. I'm fine with the front office getting rid of players that made no plays last year and spending big money on an impact player. The Dolphins figure, we let all the dead weight go, draft well, and bring in a few guys who can contribute right away at fair prices and we'll be in much better shape. Last year injuries killed us late, but we were one impact player from being a contender. We lost to really good teams, playoff teams. If Philbin can learn from his mistakes from last year making the necessary adjustments I think we could make a run in the playoffs... yeah, I said it... PLAYOFFS!!!

Back
Top Bottom