By signing Suh, the Dolphins.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By signing Suh, the Dolphins....

I get the concern... if we sign suh and keep a high paid wr..we are going to have to draft exceptionally well in the years ahead to cover o line, linebacker, corner etc

which would be fine if we were greenbay

I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace is released in 2016
and Wake($9.8 million cap hit) Grimes($9.5 million cap hit)
Jones($8.25 million cap hit) Jorden($6.5 million cap hit) Misi ($4.8 million cap hit)
will be asked to renegotiate their contracts or be released

There is so much that can be moved in coming years. So much.

Wallace will be gone next year. I could see Wake restructuring to stay in Miami or bolt to chase a ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys like Wallace, Grimes and Wake could seriously be released.

Everybody is worried about the future of our cap. . . . at this point if Miami sold out and went crazy in free agency, damaging the cap for ir the next five years, if it netted us a Super Bowl I could care less about the damn cap. IT HAS BEEN 43 YEARS since we won the thing, 30 years since we have been in the thing, and 23 years since we have been in the game that gets you into the Super Bowl.

I am open to anything at this point. The Marlins were not even a baseball franchise the last time we were in an AFC championship game and the Miami Heat were not a basketball franchise the last time we were in the Super Bowl. They have 5 championships between them. Hell the lowly Florida Panthers hockey team has been in the Finals within the last 20 years. **** is getting stupid now.

Get impact players and lets do the damn thing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Grimes, Wake and Wallace days were numbered anyway. I'm not at all worried about the future of the cap.

Grimes, Wake and Wallace days were numbered anyway. I'm not at all worried about the future of the cap.

People forget, these are not guaranteed contracts. Getting out of cap hell is only a season away.

NFL team profits are at an all time high and when guys don't play up to the level you signed them to, you dump the contract, take the cap hit that year and you are free the year after. It can get costly for an owner, but Ross' net worth has gone up over 2.5 billion since he became owner. I don't think he's hurting.

I think the thought process is we lost 3 games last year when we had the lead late, the defense couldn't stop the run or pass to seal the deal. Those losses were against 3 playoff teams (GB, Denver, and Detroit) and kept us from making the playoffs. With Suh on the field, you have to like our chances much better in those type of games!

I'm one of the few I imagine that is not Happy with this news, but you make a great point. I'm concerned that the money will get to this guy and we get less than he has been. But I suppose if you spend the money on a free agent this is the best time, after his first contract. I hope I'm wrong about his character

it's wrong to assume every one of those players is going to be a dolphin in 2016, 17, etc....

we will probably have suh, pouncey, tanehill and clay...the others will need to restructure or be gone

The thing is, it's about the future, not just next year. Sure, next year it impacts us a lot but there's always moves to be made to resolve such situations. The real big thing is that this guy is still in his prime with many years still to go. He's an absolute wrecking ball in the middle of the DL and massively, massively solidifies our defense for the foreseeable future. It's a slow process getting a good team in the NFL but Miami could just be about on the right course. Two franchise guys in Tannehill and Suh, on both sides of the ball is a solid foundation to build from.

So what happens when we actually draft someone who has the type of in game impact of a Suh? Do we just let him go somewhere else?

I'm one of the few I imagine that is not Happy with this news, but you make a great point. I'm concerned that the money will get to this guy and we get less than he has been. But I suppose if you spend the money on a free agent this is the best time, after his first contract. I hope I'm wrong about his character

I'll never understand this line of thinking. He's already rich.

So what happens when we actually draft someone who has the type of in game impact of a Suh? Do we just let him go somewhere else?

I don't understand what you are asking? Why worry about something 5 years down the road?

Back
Top Bottom