Bye Bye Wanny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Bye Wanny

savoy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I said it before, keeping Fletcher is a guarantee of well deserved firing for Wanny for his extremely poor judgement in trying to justify his bad draft pick and thereby passing over substantially better players to do it. WH would be crazy and set himself up as a laughing stock if he doesn't act.

The only reason we lost is because Wanny forgot to hang the Lobster Trap from the Ceiling in the locker room. He forgot to warn the players the game was a trap.

Originally posted by dolphinron
The only reason we lost is because Wanny forgot to hang the Lobster Trap from the Ceiling in the locker room. He forgot to warn the players the game was a trap.

Didn't we lose the lobster trap game last year? wanny needs other methods than cute little gimmicks to motivate these guys. On the other hand, i seriously doubt he is even capable of it.

I don't know what you're talking about. Wanny is a brilliant coach. The team showed up to play and were well disciplined. The 2nd half adjustments he made were phenominal.
Most coaches look confident, but Wanny bucks that trend beautifully.
Every photo of him looks like someone stole his lunch money. That's what you have to appreciate about him, I'm sure that's what the players do.

Originally posted by lotion
I don't know what you're talking about. Wanny is a brilliant coach. The team showed up to play and were well disciplined. The 2nd half adjustments he made were phenominal.
Most coaches look confident, but Wanny bucks that trend beautifully.
Every photo of him looks like someone stole his lunch money. That's what you have to appreciate about him, I'm sure that's what the players do.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Brilliant?? Surely you jest!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by lotion
I don't know what you're talking about. Wanny is a brilliant coach.

Yeah, he's brilliant at losing. He's a true innovator...he finds new ways to lose every year.

Sure, blame Dave for the loss. It is a default blame in this case however...only because when you point fingers, all go toward the coach no matter what.

But take a look at the individual players too. They are professionals. They are not blaming Dave for missing a tackle, inability to pass rush, run block, etc.
Our players on the team went out there and lost to another professional team.

The texans have some weapons and cannot be overlooked.
Miami isn't so good that they can do this....no team is.

Some of the same fans here crying and bitching about this loss are some of the ones who were antagonizing the Houston fans for predicting a close win by their team.
BTW, where is that thread at?? Buried huh?

True the players are professional, but they need a taskmaster, not someone hanging lobster traps in the locker room.
When Brown missed that field goal and the camera panned to Wanny he showed zero emotion. That lack of emotion rubs off I think. I wonder what a guy like Gruden could do with this team.

Q: If the team wasn't overconfident, why do you think the game was so sloppy?

A: "I don't know. I wish I had an answer. I really don't know. ----DW

Now, THAT is a scary statement!

Originally posted by Superself
Sure, blame Dave for the loss. It is a default blame in this case however...only because when you point fingers, all go toward the coach no matter what.

But take a look at the individual players too. They are professionals. They are not blaming Dave for missing a tackle, inability to pass rush, run block, etc.
Our players on the team went out there and lost to another professional team.

The texans have some weapons and cannot be overlooked.
Miami isn't so good that they can do this....no team is.

Some of the same fans here crying and bitching about this loss are some of the ones who were antagonizing the Houston fans for predicting a close win by their team.
BTW, where is that thread at?? Buried huh?

Yeah, yeah, i know the players make the plays.
They were not prepared or focused at all. That is the head Coaches responsibility alone. This happens too frequently and it's not like it's a once in awhile thing. It's becoming quite regular!

Living in South Carolina, i heard an statement about Tommy Bowden after Clemson last to Georgia, and looked bad doing it, and i think it applies to Wannstedt as well: Dave Wannstedt lost his job sunday, now he has 15 weeks (and hopefully a postseason) to get it back.

Thanks for the comedy guys...

Wanny made Ricky lose a fumble did he? (the guy does that as defenses know and they focus on it - he has a great upside but he will occasionally cough it up, so let's sack the coach).

What about Jay's first INT? He admit's it was a bad throw. Nobody claims he's perfect. So let's sack the coach.

JT being unable to beat the double teams or show the speeed and skill he did last season - surely Wanny's to blame.

Pat's missed tackle on the big TD Houston scored was clearly Wanny's fault, sack away. :lol:

It does worry me that, even after facing and struggling offensively against a 3-4 D in the pre-season, that we remain unable to combat it offensively (though the O-line being below it's best may be partly to blame). We'll be seeing those again including games within the division and need to get it fixed. I'd expect the O-coord and line coach to be given heat about that.

But until we get a week off at 0-3 this "Wanny for McDonalds drive through" stuff is a bit premature.

It's amazing how a loss brings posters out of the woodwork. People who hadn't posted in nearly a year. I guess we need more losses like this to keep the boards growing?? :confused:

Originally posted by Muck
It's amazing how a loss brings posters out of the woodwork. People who hadn't posted in nearly a year. I guess we need more losses like this to keep the boards growing?? :confused:

Me, after the NE loss I promised myself I wasn't going to post during the offseason. I was bitter and angry and I decided the sensible thing to do was give Wanny the offseason to make the team better before I commented on it. Well he had the time, and all he did was make us worse.

Back
Top Bottom