Bye Bye Wanny | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Bye Wanny

And what if we end up beating the Jets 30-0. What then??

Originally posted by Muck
And what if we end up beating the Jets 30-0. What then??

Then he's a bad coach with a 1-1 record. The only way for Dave to prove me wrong about him is for this team to beat playoff contenders on the road when it counts, to actually go past the second round of the playoffs. There is enough talent on this team to do that, if they are properly coached.

sorry, i didnt know that i had to get the approval of anyone else before posting. and since im "coming out of the woodwork," as you snidely say, i beg forgiveness. some of us do have a life outside this forum, which from the volume of your posts i can assume you do not.
but on the topic at hand, that team was not prepared to play yesterday, Seau was the only player who played with any emotion on D, and even calling a deep out like Fiedler's 4th qtr pass was questionable at best. i actually like Wannstedt, and think he is given too much of the blame, but for better or worse the coach is a scapegoat in the NFL.

Maybe these guys getting a taste of "Humble Pie" will help them pick their heads up and realize that all of the talent in the world does not win games...ala NY Mets.

Re: Thanks for the comedy guys...

Originally posted by GazPhin
Wanny made Ricky lose a fumble did he? (the guy does that as defenses know and they focus on it - he has a great upside but he will occasionally cough it up, so let's sack the coach).

What about Jay's first INT? He admit's it was a bad throw. Nobody claims he's perfect. So let's sack the coach.

JT being unable to beat the double teams or show the speeed and skill he did last season - surely Wanny's to blame.

Pat's missed tackle on the big TD Houston scored was clearly Wanny's fault, sack away. :lol:

It does worry me that, even after facing and struggling offensively against a 3-4 D in the pre-season, that we remain unable to combat it offensively (though the O-line being below it's best may be partly to blame). We'll be seeing those again including games within the division and need to get it fixed. I'd expect the O-coord and line coach to be given heat about that.

But until we get a week off at 0-3 this "Wanny for McDonalds drive through" stuff is a bit premature.

I guess your saying the players dont want to win they just put their bodies and careers on the line every week just for the heck
of it yeh they dont make the plays because they like to lose it's more fun for them.

The coaches are not to blame it's not their job to prepair the team and get them in the right mental state to dominate, the players should game plan and know where everyone should be for the best matchups, what am I thinking blaming the coaches it's not tfair we only have them on the sidelines for grins and giggles I guess you think Dave is just as good as Parcells or Gruden, I mean it's not Daves falt right? I wonder why Daves job is on the line and not the players, some players must go but Dave just stinks.......Fumbles and INT's are patr of the game, the lack of coaching is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BigFinFan
Maybe these guys getting a taste of "Humble Pie" will help them pick their heads up and realize that all of the talent in the world does not win games...ala NY Mets.

It didn't help after they were humiliated against the Pats at the end of last season, nor after they were humiliated against the Ravens at the end of the season before, nor when they were humiliated at the hands of the Raiders in Wanny's first season...
So I doubt it will do any good now.

Originally posted by RikWriter

It didn't help after they were humiliated against the Pats at the end of last season, nor after they were humiliated against the Ravens at the end of the season before, nor when they were humiliated at the hands of the Raiders in Wanny's first season...
So I doubt it will do any good now.
The big diffrence is that all those losses were season ending, meaning there was nothing they could do to make up for it the next week. no matter how embarassing or hummiliating those losses were, by the time the next season rolled around they were forgotten and the SB talk was in full swing. THIS TIME they play again next week with a serious amount to prove. THIS TIME the pain will be a fresh motivator and not a stale bit from a long ago game, by a different team.

Last edited:
Originally posted by savoy
I said it before, keeping Fletcher is a guarantee of well deserved firing for Wanny for his extremely poor judgement in trying to justify his bad draft pick and thereby passing over substantially better players to do it. WH would be crazy and set himself up as a laughing stock if he doesn't act.

uh dude, you were right until you brought up fletcher, which goes to show your bias. the number one wanny FU is Royals, especially after NE last year. when i heard teh report from DCH about royals sticking, i knew wanny would pay dearly.

Wannyboy has been very good in the offseasons. His problem is motivating players. everyone now knows the differnece between a wannstedt and a Gruden now. wanny is a boob on the sidelines. Doh!

Every "Fans" answer

Blame the Coach and the QB........

Until you sit and watch the offseason, go to every meeting, understand each individual responsibility, watch film on every play, see what was done and what was supposed to be done, its difficult to have any real assessment of who's fault it is.......

PS - I keep reading how the Texans are the worst or second worst in the NFL......I doubt that will prove to be the case. They played great football and EARNED the win. They took it from us, we didn't give it to them.

I blame Wanny. He should have known Domanick Davis was unstoppable(just like Lamont JordanLOL) We made perfectly good tackles and he did not play fair.

If Wanny was brilliant, he would never have called for a two point conversion try with over 11 minutes left in the game. He is a bonehead!

How's that a bonehead play-call Moe?

With the TD they accounted for a single FG. A PAT made no diffrerence to that. 2 points made it a converted TD for HOU to tie.

He couldn't have forseen the plays that gave them 2 FG's. The call was right in the context in which it was made.

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom