Bye Comes at a Good Time | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Comes at a Good Time

As for the depth of the OL. Miami is now on its 3rd/4th string OG's. Not many teams can withstand that. Miami is now in the same boat as any other team down to its 3rd/4th string players.

I think that's where both Cracraft and Achane have been missed. Once Miami began to utilize Smythe and the RB's a bit more in the 2nd half of the Chiefs game, the offense began to get more in sync. I was texting with another poster during the game and mentioned, it appeared McDaniel fell in love with the deep ball during the 1st half. He's got to learn to be more diversified.
you cant let river or an injury to achane derail you to this extreme

i mean i would be willing to bet our offense has the least amount of targets to the slot, backs and tight ends..

i mean i get thats not where tyreek hill plays but this is our roster, so beter make do

you cant let river or an injury to achane derail you to this extreme

i mean i would be willing to bet our offense has the least amount of targets to the slot, backs and tight ends..

i mean i get thats not where tyreek hill plays but this is our roster, so beter make do
I agree. But I find it a coincidence the offense began to struggle after Achane and Cracraft got hurt. It appears McDaniel started to change back to more of what we saw last season. Smythe, Berrios, Cracraft and Achane all offer an excellent short passing game option; he refuses to use.

We lost by 7 with a very good chance to tie it at the end of the 4th quarter. Should we have played better....YES. But, embarrassed, I don't think so. I'm upset we lost too, but Jesus, I wish everyone would stop acting like the Chiefs kicked our ass. We beat ourselves.
I think the fact we beat ourselves IS the embarrassing part.

I'm not too shaken by ANY of our losses.
- First, the Refs have been horrible at letting our opponents hold us on both sides of the ball. Folks are noticing and even as bad as it's been we are 6-3 and havent lost to anyone that wasn't favorered to beat us
- Second, we've really had to deal with a lot of minor injuries that have had a lot of our starters out. I think the bye comes at a good time and we look to be getting healthy. I think we'll be ok moving forward
- Third, despite some of our player or coaching issues, I do feel like when I watch us (and then break it down later post game) that we are improving things that we have struggled with in most cases
- Fourth, our schedule is about to get easier, plus we have the majority of our games at home. The team I'm concerned most with right now isn't the Bills or Cowboys, it's the Jets. That defense is special. We need ours to get to that level.
- Lastly, I think the world of Achane. I believe he is as big a factor as Tyreek when he is on the field healthy. He unlocks our counter game and Zone scheme in ways only his speed and hard rushing style can. What an amazing compliment to Mostert, Hill, and Waddle. When we have that group on the field, so far we are unstoppable.

Hey dude
Not to rain on your parade because i applause you’re enthusiasm, but we’re just not a physical team in the trenches
Non-physical teams don’t win in the playoffs
Yup, if we make it in the playoffs, odds are we're a one and done team.

From -28 to Buffalo, to -14 to Philadelphia, to -7 to Kansas City. See a pattern? Cutting the deficits in half vs the good teams. They're getting closer vs the good teams so that means Miami beats Dallas by 7 next month. Just unfortunate that every time Miami plays a "good team" it's always away from Miami.

Going back to last season:

@Baltimore 42-38 W
@Cincinnati 27-15 L
@San Francisco 33-17 L
@LA Chargers 23-17 L
@Buffalo 32-29 L
@Buffalo 34-31 L
@Buffalo 48-20 L
@Philadelphia 31-17 L
VS Kansas City (in Germany) 21-14 L

It's just my stupid thoughts ....lol o yeah plus that's all we've been since I was in my 20s and now I'm almost in my 50s.

it's time for some players to heal and rest and get healthy for the last part of the season. Getting Achane back will help a lot. So will getting Hunt back and Cracraft who does all the dirty work.

Not only getting players back but a few of our players have not been 100% for a while.

it's time for some players to heal and rest and get healthy for the last part of the season. Getting Achane back will help a lot. So will getting Hunt back and Cracraft who does all the dirty work.

Not only getting players back but a few of our players have not been 100% for a while.
Yes on the returning players but we need to get continuity in the oline, secondary, and RB. I would look to replace Ahmed.

Oh heaven forbid we miss 2 guards and a rookie RB. We were are damn close to full strength and the play calls were inept. It's not the skill of the team, it's the ridiculous play calling that happened that just happened to START getting righted when it was too late.

I was arguing against someone complaining about injuries… making the point that it was 2 guards and a backup RB.

Our starting RB averaged 7.1 ypc. They were not the problem.

Edit - 100% agree about play calling. IMO, Chiefs mowed right down to a TD first drive and it was like McD assumed a shootout and abandoned the run in the 1st half.

Yes on the returning players but we need to get continuity in the oline, secondary, and RB. I would look to replace Ahmed.
well, as far as RB, too bad Brooks got hurt cause I really liked him.

the OL from now on should be Armstead/Eich/Williams/Hunt/Jackson

Cotton was pretty bad to day and Jones wasn’t much better before he got hurt. I know many people hate Eich but at this point he's a better option than Cotton and Eich has played better the last few weeks

The secondary was all there today other than Brando Jones and they should get better moving forward and playing together.

Can’t wait to see Achane back out there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom