Bye Comes at a Good Time | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Comes at a Good Time

I do think that was part of it. Got to give the KC defense credit. But I do think Miami's offensive line played better earlier in the season.

It's also obvious that the Dolphins miss Achane.

I just think certain running plays are designed for Achane and his epic speed...I saw chances yesterday that Achane takes it to the house but Wilson just isn't fast enough... period ...to hit the hole and shoot past people....Mostert comes close but Achane is just on another level

I don't understand why MM doesn't move Lamm to LG
I actually had not thought of this and it's an interesting idea. However what if Lamm gets hurt at guard and then Armstead goes down like we pretty much know he will......Then we are completely screwed. On the other hand I'm loving the thought of what we could do with a line of Armstead, Lamm, Williams, Jones, Jackson.....Interesting.

I just think certain running plays are designed for Achane and his epic speed...I saw chances yesterday that Achane takes it to the house but Wilson just isn't fast enough... period ...to hit the hole and shoot past people....Mostert comes close but Achane is just on another level
Absolutely. Miami was close to breaking a couple of big ones yesterday. Might have happened with Achane.

This is the time of the year to really get it rolling and Miami is starting to get healthy.

A blowout is embarrassing. 21-14 against SB champs wasn't embarrassing.

I agree, like I get at first 21 to zip is like whoa ...but then the rest of the game it started to come together...the only embarrassing part was the 2 ending plays....especially the last one....damn you never want to end it that wackadoodle...

We outgained KC 297-262, and 5.0 YPP to 4.8 YPP. More first downs 20-16. 7 points and 68 yards from a fumble return with lateral made the difference in a close game. I think Smythe made a mental blocking error on that play - just MO, no way to know. Went into detail on the "McBreakdown" thread, won't do it here. I like Smythe, he's been good for us...but a mistake here and there against the champs...

I agree, like I get at first 21 to zip is like whoa ...but then the rest of the game it started to come together...the only embarrassing part was the 2 ending plays....especially the last one....damn you never want to end it that wackadoodle...
I kept expecting Miami to score there. Wonder if McDaniel would have gone for 2?

What was his ypc before his last two runs??

He had 12 total carries for 85 yards or 7.1 ypc.

Without the huge last 2 runs, he had 10 carries for 41 yards or 4.1 ypc.

In second half, not counting the huge last 2 rushes, Mostert had 7 runs for 35 yards or 5 ypc.

The problem was McD abandoned the run early. Mostert, one of the leading rushers in NFL had 3 rushes in first two drives for 0, 6, and 0 yards, and then McD didn’t run Mostert again on the next 4 drives to end the 1st half. Yikes.

Needham just came back. Brandon Jones hasn't looked like himself since the injury. We are really missing Achane. I am not sure about Wilson at RB. :ffic:
Wilson is fine, he just can’t get into a rythm because he doesn’t get the snaps. But, he’s no Achane

He had 12 total carries for 85 yards or 7.1 ypc.

Without the huge last 2 runs, he had 10 carries for 41 yards or 4.1 ypc.

In second half, not counting the huge last 2 rushes, Mostert had 7 runs for 35 yards or 5 ypc.

The problem was McD abandoned the run early. Mostert, one of the leading rushers in NFL had 3 rushes in first two drives for 0, 6, and 0 yards, and then McD didn’t run Mostert again on the next 4 drives to end the 1st half. Yikes.
He fell in love once again with the big plays in the 1st half. This time it didn't work. He never adjusted until after halftime. It's on McDaniel. He seemed too impatient at times.

no ramsey phillips and williams against buffalo. Also had armstead for quarter and half. Also elliot the safety was out. But honestly we probably never will be totally healthy.
We never will be, that's why crying about injuries is dumb. We had plenty of talent on the field to take home the Dub Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom