Bye Comes at a Good Time | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Comes at a Good Time

The narrative that Miami can't beat winning teams will, unfortunately, be there until the Dolphins win against the good teams.

But one thing that maybe hasn't been discussed enough here is how Miami is surviving despite injuries on the offensive line.

Against Philadelphia, Miami had three backups on the offensive line. When Hunt went down, the Dolphins had four backups against New England.

Today, both Hunt and Wynn were out with Armstead and Williams back after long absences. The offensive line didn't play well, for the most part, against Kansas City.

I agree wrt how the Dolphins are seemingly getting by better than expected despite all the injuries and revolving o-line.

I made a similar point after the Philly game, in posing the question how Hurts and Philly might have looked had they been down 3 offensive line starters, both starting corners and losing Devonta Smith for a portion of the game (as Miami lost Waddle).

When considering all the key absences, it’s not a huge surprise to be losing to good teams that also happen to be healthier at those key positions.

I mean, does anybody not believe the Dolphins chances would have been much better against Philly WITH Achane, Williams, Armstead, Wynn, Ramsey and X? And better against KC with Achane, Wynn and Hunt?

The only team the Phins have lost to at relative full strength was Buffalo. And in that game they didn’t have Ramsey, who could have really helped out and made an impact on Diggs who torched them for 3 TD’s.

Unfortunately Miami hasn’t had a complete Oline in 20 years. When Conor Williams is your starting center, you have issues. If that guy remains on the team, he needs to move to LG. He could fill in as a backup C but never a starter. And then you have Eich, this bum shouldn’t even be on the practice squad. Miami has got to address the Oline.

The bye is definitely coming at a good time. It’s almost like we are have 2 bye weeks with the Raiders being our next opponent lol. They have some real issues and we’ll win. But the bye week gives Miami an opportunity to rest and regroup after the KC loss. However, I think that this second half of the season will be more difficult. Final 3 games are going to suck and the Jets x 2 have a legit defense. I don’t think we beat the Jets twice.

Well our line today was similar to what it was in the beginning of the season when they were playing lights out and had a top 10 OL, per PFF.

What changed today was that they were straight up beating on our WRs in 5yrd area off the line, disrupting our timing and throwing people off their routes. It caused Tua to be off and go to 2nd and 3rd WRs...or to scramble and make bad throws.

We got out coached here. Plain and simple. Just like the Bills game.

Hey dude
Not to rain on your parade because i applause you’re enthusiasm, but we’re just not a physical team in the trenches
Non-physical teams don’t win in the playoffs
May be true, but our defense has been playing physical. Also, when we went to Mostert, we were physical. It's up to the coach to get a better balance. You could see how this game was going to go early. Need to establish the LOL and stay out of 3rd and long. For 2 1/2 qtrs they were in 3rd and long until they started running with "physicality". I will say this, Ahmed is the softest RB I've seen in a while.

Well our line today was similar to what it was in the beginning of the season when they were playing lights out and had a top 10 OL, per PFF.

What changed today was that they were straight up beating on our WRs in 5yrd area off the line, disrupting our timing and throwing people off their routes. It caused Tua to be off and go to 2nd and 3rd WRs...or to scramble and make bad throws.

It's up to McD to figure out how these games are going to go against strong defenses. We become mortal. So what do mortal teams do? They try to establish the LOS and stay out of 3rd and long. This worked in the 2nd half until Tua missed Wilson and soft ass Ahmed was thrown for a 6 yard loss. That was the game right there.

Our defense was solid second half. Unfortunately our offense was misfiring and sloppy giving up too many penalties leaving us behind the chains. MM made some suspect play calls like abandoning the run when the Chiefs looked gassed and had trouble stopping it.

Having no consistency on the OL doesn't help but lots of other teams have injuries. That game was there for the taking that's for sure. Time to watch the tape, get some bodies back and focus on the Raiders.

Oh and BTW, the Chiefs won't make the Superbowl IMO. They are missing a No 1 WR.

well, as far as RB, too bad Brooks got hurt cause I really liked him.

the OL from now on should be Armstead/Eich/Williams/Hunt/Jackson

Cotton was pretty bad to day and Jones wasn’t much better before he got hurt. I know many people hate Eich but at this point he's a better option than Cotton and Eich has played better the last few weeks

The secondary was all there today other than Brando Jones and they should get better moving forward and playing together.

Can’t wait to see Achane back out there
Needham just came back. Brandon Jones hasn't looked like himself since the injury. We are really missing Achane. I am not sure about Wilson at RB. :ffic:

Our defense was solid second half. Unfortunately our offense was misfiring and sloppy giving up too many penalties leaving us behind the chains. MM made some suspect play calls like abandoning the run when the Chiefs looked gassed and had trouble stopping it.

Having no consistency on the OL doesn't help but lots of other teams have injuries. That game was there for the taking that's for sure. Time to watch the tape, get some bodies back and focus on the Raiders.

Oh and BTW, the Chiefs won't make the Superbowl IMO. They are missing a No 1 WR.
The Chiefs didn't have a #1 WR last year either and they still won the Super Bowl.

We played a game with backup Guards and missing a backup rookie RB that’s meaningfully played 3 games. I’m not using injuries as an excuse in this game.

We still had our starting RB that averaged 7.1 ypc on only 12 runs. That’s on McD for shitting his pants at the Chiefs marching down the field at the start and abandoning the run in the first half imo.

What was his ypc before his last two runs??

I think the fact we beat ourselves IS the embarrassing part.
I can understand that. I just find it more disappointing than embarrassing. Although that last series was reminiscent of The Keystone Cops

We played a game with backup Guards and missing a backup rookie RB that’s meaningfully played 3 games. I’m not using injuries as an excuse in this game.

We still had our starting RB that averaged 7.1 ypc on only 12 runs. That’s on McD for shitting his pants at the Chiefs marching down the field at the start and abandoning the run in the first half imo.
I don't understand why MM doesn't move Lamm to LG

I agree wrt how the Dolphins are seemingly getting by better than expected despite all the injuries and revolving o-line.

I made a similar point after the Philly game, in posing the question how Hurts and Philly might have looked had they been down 3 offensive line starters, both starting corners and losing Devonta Smith for a portion of the game (as Miami lost Waddle).

When considering all the key absences, it’s not a huge surprise to be losing to good teams that also happen to be healthier at those key positions.

I mean, does anybody not believe the Dolphins chances would have been much better against Philly WITH Achane, Williams, Armstead, Wynn, Ramsey and X? And better against KC with Achane, Wynn and Hunt?

The only team the Phins have lost to at relative full strength was Buffalo. And in that game they didn’t have Ramsey, who could have really helped out and made an impact on Diggs who torched them for 3 TD’s.
no ramsey phillips and williams against buffalo. Also had armstead for quarter and half. Also elliot the safety was out. But honestly we probably never will be totally healthy.

I do think that was part of it. Got to give the KC defense credit. But I do think Miami's offensive line played better earlier in the season.

It's also obvious that the Dolphins miss Achane.

Back
Top Bottom