Byron Maxwell Released and Fales signed | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Maxwell Released and Fales signed

I mean i doubt they take Nate Allen out of the starting lineup right away and I fully expect TJ to be inserted immediately on special teams so that offsets the Mo Smith loss. Nate Allen also plays special teams.

Assuming health for all and keeping Fales/TJ/Larsen and cutting bait on Smith and Lucas

The inactives would be: Brendal, Young, Asiata, Taylor, Fales, Anthony and Carroo.

So i get it on Lucas, he likely wouldn't make a special teams impact because of being inactive so may as well have the better looking position player or in this case both get cut and you still have 5 cbs, 4 safeties and a hybrid special teams ace in Aikens . . . Plus most of these guys back on your PS.

Makes sense
Wouldn't that leave us with only 6 O-line guys thought? Maybe I'm wrong but you can't go into any game with only one back up when you have Pouncey, not to meantion Tunsil and Steen have been hurt too

Ozzy rules!!

We couldn't get ANYTHING for him? Like a 7th rounder or even a bag of footballs?
Or, a six-pack of warm Schlitz?

BHPez73.gif

Wouldn't that leave us with only 6 O-line guys thought? Maybe I'm wrong but you can't go into any game with only one back up when you have Pouncey, not to meantion Tunsil and Steen have been hurt too

Ozzy rules!!

If Larsen starts your gameday active depth is Steen and Davis.

oh I thought you were talking about cap relief....perrys been our best special teams player...he's murder on kick off coverage

most likely candidate is Jordan lucas or mctyer...probably lucas

Ya, I meant just to make room for Larsen and TJM.

I thought about adding those two to the list, but thought since we just cut a CB that we wouldnt be dropping another one.

I hadnt noticed Perry but I'll take you word for it.

Regardless of how I feel about Kiko, Maxwell, or even Tunsil..... That trade contributed greatly to our season going the way it did in 2016. We got our asses handed to us in the playoffs, but that was an incredibly fun and unexpected ride. For that alone I'm good with it.

This is so true because it filled absolute holes we had with quality starter. Kiko has been shown to play much much better when he isn't worried about covering for the other lbs and can just play instinctual. Maxwell was an enigma, when he played press he was great and really good the 2nd half overall last year. It's weird because he rarely played press and I'm not sure if that was the coaches telling him to or him choosing not to but if he goes to another team and presses, don't be surprised if he plays well there.

Also wanted to say it was absolutely the right move because not only did it fill starter holes but it seems like whenever you make the right moves, fate or whatever you call it tends to smile on you as tunsil luckily fell to us. If we had the 8th pick still we get him for more money and less starters and don't make the playoffs last year most likely. That trade and getting Tunsil was the best part of the draft last year.

Think this was a big message about what happens when you don’t do what the coaches say to do. Seems he thinks he knows better. Gase doesn’t play that game for long.

If it was all about a roster spot other cuts made more sense.

O
If Larsen starts your gameday active depth is Steen and Davis.
Ok, I misread it. You're saying when Larsen comes back we won't cut a line guy so we'll carry 10 on the 53 and 7 on game day

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom