Byron Maxwell Released and Fales signed | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Maxwell Released and Fales signed

I can't really buy that he was the single least important player on the roster. For all his faults, he did seem to have a knack for making plays.

But I guess if you're not going to even have him active on gamedays the writing was already on the wall.

Stephone Anthony
Walt Aikens
Chase Allen
Mike Hull
Senorise Perry
Maurice Smith

Out of those I'd probably say Anthony, Perry, and Smith would be top of the list.

That said, I'm not sure how much each of these guys contributes on ST, or how well they show in practice.

But I dont wanna drop ANY depth on our Oline if we can avoid it.

Eidt : Oh! I forgot Devante Parker....NAH Just messin with you guys:p

oh I thought you were talking about cap relief....perrys been our best special teams player...he's murder on kick off coverage

most likely candidate is Jordan lucas or mctyer...probably lucas

Wentz was a severely flawed QB in 2016. Way too many inaccurate throws at open receivers. He cleaned it up quickly and the difference is evident.

Not surprised Goff is playing well. He actually showed a lot of good things in 2016, but was put into what really must have been about the worst possible situation. Limited talent on a Jeff Fisher team.

As for Maxwell, I honestly wonder what's going to happen if he gets picked up by someone else. He cleaned up his play in the second half of last season, and I wonder if he'll do it again.

Wentz was a severely flawed QB in 2016. Way too many inaccurate throws at open receivers. He cleaned it up quickly and the difference is evident.

Not surprised Goff is playing well. He actually showed a lot of good things in 2016, but was put into what really must have been about the worst possible situation. Limited talent on a Jeff Fisher team.

As for Maxwell, I honestly wonder what's going to happen if he gets picked up by someone else. He cleaned up his play in the second half of last season, and I wonder if he'll do it again.

Yea well, I think Peyton Manning had a pretty miserable rookie season as well if I recall correctly. I am surprised by Wentz too, didn't think he would look this good this fast. But to think both Goff and Wentz are garbage QB's and will always be that way because they struggled in their rookie year is pretty dumb imho. That was my only point, to reserve judgement, and obviously they are both significantly improving now...

Stephone Anthony
Walt Aikens
Chase Allen
Mike Hull
Senorise Perry
Maurice Smith

Out of those I'd probably say Anthony, Perry, and Smith would be top of the list.

That said, I'm not sure how much each of these guys contributes on ST, or how well they show in practice.

But I dont wanna drop ANY depth on our Oline if we can avoid it.

Eidt : Oh! I forgot Devante Parker....NAH Just messin with you guys:p

Anthony, Hull and Allen are going nowhere. Our LB depth is where we need it right now.

Rizzi probably slashes Gase's tires if he touches Aikens or Perry

Mo Smith is the goner once TJ comes back. He heads to the PS.

My guess is when we activate Larsen, one of those lineman will get IRed. We not carrying 10 lineman.

I could see us riding with 3 QBs for a good portion of the rest of the season as a precaution.

Saying "I disagree with being benched" is not complaining. What Bryant on the Steelers is doing is complaining. All he's done is swallowed his pride as a vet and tutored young guys like Tank by all accounts. That's being a pro under difficult circumstances. Some of you are hilarious. Calling this an 'all time terrible trade' is an all time terrible post. That trade worked out rather well for Miami actually. Expectations are priceless on this board sometimes...
Regardless of how I feel about Kiko, Maxwell, or even Tunsil..... That trade contributed greatly to our season going the way it did in 2016. We got our asses handed to us in the playoffs, but that was an incredibly fun and unexpected ride. For that alone I'm good with it.

oh I thought you were talking about cap relief....perrys been our best special teams player...he's murder on kick off coverage

most likely candidate is Jordan lucas or mctyer...probably lucas

If McTyer was a marginal player in he front office's minds, I think they would have cut him instead of Maxwell today. We are paying Maxwell most of his cash no matter what, and cutting McTyer wouldn't have cost a dime of dead money. I'm guessing they value McTyer on special teams. Or as a long term asset to develop. Most likely special teams.

Dead weight, it's a shame it didn't happen before the season. He had no future here so I am all for cutting bait.

I love Howard, I like Tank, I was excited about Lippett's development until the injury but I'd still consider a CB in the first round next year if someone is worth the pick.

Never say never when it comes to potential 1st round selections because you just never know who's available, conventional wisdom points towards offense though.

I'd like to draft Minkah Fitzpatrick from Alabama.....and I am normally all about staying away from Bama players, especially DB's.

Regardless of how I feel about Kiko, Maxwell, or even Tunsil..... That trade contributed greatly to our season going the way it did in 2016. We got our asses handed to us in the playoffs, but that was an incredibly fun and unexpected ride. For that alone I'm good with it.

Here, here. If value is measured in wins, than we got value.

If McTyer was a marginal player in he front office's minds, I think they would have cut him instead of Maxwell today. We are paying Maxwell most of his cash no matter what, and cutting McTyer wouldn't have cost a dime of dead money. I'm guessing they value McTyer on special teams. Or as a long term asset to develop. Most likely special teams.

I mean just looking at it, Mctyer looks like your backup boundary right now. He's got the speed that Verner lacks and both Lucas and Aikens are more special teams hybrid guys.

I am surprised they cut Maxwell but maybe they just got the feeling he would never give his all knowing he was going to get cut after the season.

they guy that I think they find most expendable is Jordan lucas

and I would agree with that

Yea I think its Maurice Smith, especially when looking for a spot for TJ, they play the same position.

Plus he is below both Lucas and Aikens on special teams. Smith was inactive vs. the Jets.

I would cut lucas any day over Maurice smith but it may end up a positional #s thing...

I don't think they value lucas ceiling anymore over the potential ceilings of the other kids...I think the ship has sailed on lucas ever making an impact on d

I know I'm over it...has never clicked...

I would cut lucas any day over Maurice smith but it may end up a positional #s thing...

I don't think they value lucas ceiling anymore over the potential ceilings of the other kids...I think the ship has sailed on lucas ever making an impact on d

I know I'm over it...has never clicked...
I was surprised that they didn't cut him instead of Max, but oh well....

Max was Garbage...

I like Smith much more then Lucas...

Back
Top Bottom